Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

UN Bombing in Baghdad

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tanker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
UN Bombing in Baghdad
It seems that not even the "benevolent" creators of this site can find a "free speech" way to protect themselves from differing views and criticism!!!!

"Wars are not won by dying for your country, they a"
[  Edited by tanker at   ]
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tanker and Decius, I couldn't be any more eloquent. Kick their evil asses!
Eldred

[  Edited by jakereaney at   ]
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Terrorists are insane, yes. And we should do whatever it is to stop terrorism. That means stopping their recruitment programs and not givings strongly religious muslims a reason to hate us.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We ( the West: US, Britain, Australia, Spain, and many more crazy countries) have committed ourselves in the Middle East. It's the West against the East. If we have to kill every human being who supports the "popular position" of the East so be it! Hey Tankard, what do you think?
Eldred

43yrs • M •
"We ( the West: US, Britain, Australia, Spain, and many more crazy countries) have committed ourselves in the Middle East. It's the West against the East. If we have to kill every human being who supports the "popular position" of the East so be it! Hey Tankard, what do you think?"
Why do you defend your position with the same rhetoric as militant muslims?
Replace middle east with NY and East with West and you have the perfect extremist islamic speech.

43yrs • M •
"What do you believe in? Anything? Or are you merely a nay sayer that has nothing better to do then champion unjust causes and the "inalienable" right to do whatever pleases you with no consequences? If you personally were attacked by militant anything would you cowar in the corner like an abused dog? or would you decide to stand up for yourself and your fellow citizens and innocents?"
I would do what is nescessary to proetect those fellow citizens. And that does not include giving terrorists are reason to hate us. Invading their countries and bombing their people only allows extremist muslim leaders to more easily create more hate propaganda and boost their recruitment operations.

43yrs • M •
"The unfortunate part of being a soldier isthat your job includes death...its not a perk...its not a benefit..but it happens..so get over the fact that people die...we can't stop it...even if there are no more wars...people will still die! Death is not the worst thing imaginable to me...because we all die some day...we just don't know when or why!"
Then why do WMDs and international terrorism such important issues to you?

43yrs • M •
"Firstly you don't care if old fuel sources go out of business, because you don't own the companies that run off of that revenue, nor do you work in a factory or refinery that depends on oil so your family can eat and be clothed, or a factory that makes cars that run on the fuel that other poor shmuck makes, so you have a reason to make cars to feed your family..."
New industries can create new jobs. This sounds a lot like the pro-farmer-subsidies we have in France. In effect, your paying people to use be inefficient or use inefficient technology. And besides, oil is not renewable those jobs are going to disappear someday so we might as well encourage new technology now and stop pumping poisonous gazes into the atmosphere.

" We buy the most and use the most... I don't see it as illogical....."
The US pumps the most out of the ground but that still isn't enough to for the US consumers. That's what's surprising!

I can't see more then 1 contradiction though. At least in this post.

43yrs • M •
"I agree that new inducstry can create new jobs, but that new industry is not going to happen upon this earth over night...and we are not anywhere near out of oil...there are oil shafts/wells in the middle east that have not been found to have a bottom...yet!Also the ocean naturally leaks oil through the floor...we just can't seem to get to it because of the depth of the water where these oil slicks occur. If you can't find the bottom of a well and you have oil seeping throught the ocean floor, then I don't see a shortage in oil...just a shortage in ideas as how to get the oil from these places without hurting thhe environment...maybe thats an industry with job potential...huh?"

The oil has a negative effect on the environment, I see no reason to continue exploiting oil and potentially do permanent damage. Using oil in cars damages the environment, there is no way around it oil is noxious and poisonous.
Now, I don't think anyone really know if any permanent damage can be done, but the question should not be "how do we find a way to continue using this dangerous substance" but rather "how do we find a way to not HAVE to use this substance".
Besides, the US and the EU are dependant on foreign oil. It makes us weak politicaly and makes other nations prone to exploiting that weakness.

" Qua...as the French would say? "
Quoi, yeah, quoi

"No one has addressed the fact that the US and GB found the oil in which the whole world partakes...anyone want to comment on the relevancy of that? We ddo use the most and maybe that should change so we don't get screwed the next time our outdated power grid dies because democrats don't like progress in their bacck yards...(the wind mill farms debate of recent)!"
I don't understand that, conservatives tend to be the ones who want high oil consumption. One needs a big high consumption car (help the economy!), one's economy is more important then one's environment (Kyoto) and a large number of conservatives are oil tycoons themselves.

39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*sigh*

I agree with Decius that a policy of uninvolvment would help the United States out a lot. Other countries would probably sell us oil willingly if we didn't come in and screw up their nation every ten years. Maybe if we did what the UN SUGGESTED instead of begged us not to do, that would help as well. Bush's "you're either with us or against us" policy basically pits the US, Great Britain, Poland, and Spain against the rest of the world.

BUT some people do cry out for help to America. Unfortunately, those are the ones we don't help, or hesitate to help. Right now Liberians are getting pissed off because we AREN'T moving in. Of course all these words probably make me a "stupid lib" in Tanker's opinion, so maybe I should stop wasting my breath.

"the question should not be "how do we find a way to continue using this dangerous substance" but rather "how do we find a way to not HAVE to use this substance".
Besides, the US and the EU are dependant on foreign oil. It makes us weak politicaly and makes other nations prone to exploiting that weakness."

I completely agree with that, Crimson.

Let me also say the beginning of this thread was filled with unbelievable amounts of racism. It seems you are the type who terrorize Arab Americans. I'm glad Decius and Crimson came in and cleaned this thread up a bit.

UN Bombing in Baghdad
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy