The United States is a nation of laws: poorly written and randomly enforced. - ExplodingGopher
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

American warmongers

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that melon_gibson is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
American warmongers
From what I see on the internet and in the news the Americans (generally) are gun slinging cowboys, who really enjoy a war. Lets just all look at vietnam and how much of a joke it was. How about the mess of the last war in Iraq which was a waste of time. Even this war isn't over yet, and I don't think they'll ever find Saddam. Oh yeah and remember that guy Bin Laden, why does'nt America finish these things. I know Britain has also been involved and I would like to know what George Bush has got over Tony Blair. I'm not anti-American but your government can't expect other countries to be exactly like you. I know some people won't agree with what I've said and you may say 'he's just a kid' and I say I can probably think clearer than corrupted adults. PLease give me your opinions on this.Don't take me too seriously!

"Live by the sword die by the sword"
 37yrs • F •
sleepykitten is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I agree, Im not exactly anti-american but I think Bush is like a bull in a china shop, and if the war is to help the Iraqi people and fight for civil rights why don't they go to Libiya,cos the civil rights are practically unexistant there, also if theyre looking for injustice and nuclear weapons well hey theres always Israel.

"have a cake"
 37yrs • M •
Hell, If the americans are looking for nuclear weapons they're gonna take a bloody long time. What countries dont have them these days. All these silly excuses to create wars. Hello! who has the most nuclear weapons of all AMERICA. When are they gonna attack themselves. Or Russia or Britain. The list goes on.

37yrs • F •
sleepykitten is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hell yeah!

"have a cake"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Kookiekruncher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's why you have freedom of speech ...from previous wars.

Unlike Sadaam's ruling..........get thrown in prison for looking the wrong way.or thinking differently.

I am glad we can express our opinion and go about our business

"Treat everyone as you would want to be treated"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that shadowcult is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kookie raises a good point without 'warmongers' like me, you people wouldn't have the right to post this crap now would you. It's a fact rights come from war.

Also I really don't understand why people like me are called 'warmongers', and the people that cause public hazards and start fights in the street are called 'piece activists'.

Make since??? LoL ya got you there right.

"Emotions are for the weak minded, so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it."
 37yrs • M •
I hav to say that kookie and shadow sound kind of silly in there sad explanation of a reason to have a war. Your saying It's best to have a war and kill lots of people so we can create a better world without fear. That makes no sense, If a war doesnt create fear then what the hell does. If you have a better explanation for having wars please let me know.

38yrs • M •
Putting aside 'holy wars' all wars are made in the intent of progress. Holy wars are just stupid anyway, cuz they're really just fighting over the same idea. LoL

Melon it is a weird combination but you have to realize that people are aggressive and power corrupts, and since nobody looks at the past anymore we have to do the same thing over and over again to get progress and that's war. I'd love it if we could find another way but we didn't, in like 11 years of waiting we didn't.

"Emotions are for the weak minded, so cry me a river build a bridge and get over it."
 46yrs • F •
This is why we have discussions..........it is called freedom of speech. Everyone has their opinion and that's great because no two minds think alike.

I myself think there are no weapons of mass destruction or they would have found them within the first week. But then I wonder why make nerve gas? What is the purpose unless your going to kill a lot of people.

Al-Ani was involved in Iraq's development of the nerve agent VX, one of the world's deadliest chemical weapons - and a substance that is difficult to make. He once headed the research and development program at Iraq's Muthanna State Establishment, a key chemical weapons laboratory, and later headed Iraq's Fallujah 2 chemical weapons plant.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030419/ap_on_re_
mi_ea/iraq_weapons_scientist&cid=540&ncid=716

37yrs • M •
Kookie-what makes you think that americans, British and Russians can make nuclear/chemical weapons but the iraqi's shouldn't? The west make much worse weapons than nerve gas.
Decius-I agree with your point,although the Americans look like they have good intentions, They are trying to play God and everyone knows that can be dangerous.

46yrs • F •
Melon- I don't think anyone makes nerve gas to destroy it's own people like Iraq did. Thousands were killed. women and children and for what?

Myself I think something of this toxic nature should not be made by anyone, the US included. There is nothing wrong with the old fashioned ammo

38yrs • M •
Saddam has terrorized not just other nations, but his own, that is despicable.

Just because, as you say saddam only dose this stuff to his enemies, dose it matter I have seen that shit I wouldn't wish it on my enemy, doesn't justify its use!!!!!

71yrs • M •
Survivor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think all of you are much too gracious. I've lived in America for 50 years and I've never seen anything like the political climate we have now. Most messages on the internet are an outpouring of hate and intolerance. Dare to suggest the war was wrong and you're liable to be burned at the stake like someone who suggests the earth is not the center of the universe in the Dark Ages. The messages on this website are quite refreshing. It's nice to find someplace where people express their views without getting nasty. Yes Americans are gunslingers. I can think of more descriptive terms but I don't want to sink to that level.

"The old guy is still around."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I share your sentiment, Survivor. What pisses me off the most is censorship. People can agree or disagree with Bush, but how can you justify blocking open debates and the flow information -- especially in the US with so much pride in freedom of speech.

I use to frequent a car forum on the internet. One day I went there and saw a sticky thread posted by the admins laying the ground rules for the many posts about the war that were popping up. I was expecting a "no war posts" thread, since that has nothing to do with cars and you shouldn't be making irrelevant posts. Instead, it pretty much said: all pro-war posts are OK, all anti-war posts are banned. The justification for this? We have to support our troops. Great! Rather than learning the pros and cons of the war and deciding for yourself whether or not it's a good idea, let's boost troop morale by falsely representing this as non-debatable issue. Let's lie and pretend *everyone* thinks the war is a good idea so the troops can slaughter some Iraqis without worrying about petty details, like is it liberation or murder, since that's already been decided by our falsely elected leader.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Which forum was that?

American warmongers
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy