Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

futility of romantic 'love' - Page 6

User Thread
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spicesoup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no. its not about being old.

its about feeling like i have everything i need. i am not shutting out anything nor am i being blind to the absence of my man. but i feel complete. and am anchored. i have a community of friends that i am very connected to. i have my extended family that are there - no matter what - tho' i am not too connected to them. and i have my kids and pets and a whole life that occupies me IF i choose to let it.

thru this relationship, i found myself being repulsed by 'male' attention from others becos of the devotion i felt for this man. i feel that even now. and i think i may feel this forever - so another romantic relationship does not seem likely.

there is some legend about "aristophanes" - its in some really obscure pages on google - and his twin or soulmate - i think this guy was my twin. the converse may not be true. but thats just too bad for me.

these kinds of experiences dont happen all the time. in my 41 years this is the first time i have felt so anchored and at peace. so i lwont let go of this story, even if the story lives only in my head !

and thank u for yr support zach.

"live this day as if it were your last"
futility of romantic 'love' - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy