Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Would society be better without money? - Page 7

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
dfirnhaber is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
would society be Better without money? It could work. and depending on how well it worked it could be better than one with money. Sure! why not.. everything is relative. third world countries have money.. i think we could easiy make a society thats better than a starving population that doesnt get enough money for their efforts. If occupations are 'worth ' more or less than another we could call the income or 'credits' that are received by a new name. something like this: a predetermined portion (or ration even) of the working class goes to an account. but it isnt spent. it just shows that on record you have worked as a ... Garbage man for instance. for one week. so when you go to the grocery store you show them or Slide your plastic or scan your eye whatever.. they read that you worked that week and you are allowed your earned portion of food. any food of your choice. and when you have enough work recorded you can go to the auto lot and they show you your choice of cars... sounds so familiar right. but you have nothing to spend. and so your work cannot be stolen from you. you simply have to go to work in order to meet requirements. and the people who steal my food will still get shot breaking into my kitchen. I read the question of "how" to get there? thats the real question.

63yrs • M •
thebez1960 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I went into a supermarket today and in my shopping, I had a chicken. I took my chicken to the counter and passed it to the checkout operator, who then passed it over a machine that made a very smug ( " I've just taken money out of your account." beeping noise.
I then took a piece of plastic from my wallet and inserted it into another machine and punched out numbers. With this action, a couple of light pixels changed shape on the screen of my bank account.

1, Is this a physical reality?

2, If not, why do I have to follow a programmed procedure to get my chicken?

Would society be better without money? - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy