Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What one quality would make the world better?

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that syrcadalena is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If there was one quality that you could give to every single person in the world in an attempt to make it a better place, what would you choose?

I would choose empathy. If people could just look past their own narrow minds and comprehend that other people might be feeling other ways, and try to understand those people without labeling them as 'wrong' for being different from themselves, there would be less scorn and prejudice. If all those obnoxious people who try to push their religious beliefs on others could somehow all at once realise that other people are happy with their beliefs, and that they don't need to be 'fixed', there would be less religious wars.

In a close second is skepticism. If everyone had a little more doubt and uncertainty, if people took a moment to analyze their actions, asking themselves if they're doing the right thing, instead of being so certain in their correctness, they'd become more open-minded. They might even start analyzing some of those traditions they're always following. Like, 'Why is it so important that I act in this way? Is it really beneficial or just a societal thing?' And they'd analyze the routines they go through every day and realise that calling each other 'gay' and 'retarded' is only subconsciously promoting prejudice. And maybe they'd think about the words in the pledge of allegiance instead of repeating them mindlessly. The list goes on and on....

"For each time mankind progresses, man himself regresses."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Intolerance - If I could end intolerance I would. We need to learn to tolerate different beliefs, traditions, styles. We all can't be the same and shouldn't. The world needs different kinds of people, thats what makes it turn.

If there was tolerance in the world, there would be peace, and imagine what we would learn, seeing every side of a round world.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
trappist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'd say

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be in time
It's easy.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love (all together now)
All you need is love (everybody)

you know what i mean, screw all of this other shit, love everyone and everyone will love you,

especially if youre english and youre trying to get laid with american chicks

"American chicks dig english Guys"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
honesty

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that all of the qualities mentioned are interrelated, so I too would go with empathy, because I think that empathy would lead to honesty, tolerance and love (love, love, love).
If we could relate to another person and understand their thoughts and feelings, we would be more tolerant. Intolerance comes from fearing what we do not understand. We have so much conflict because we can't see things from another person's perspective.
And if we were more tolerant, there would be less reason for dishonesty. It would be easier to be more upfront and honest with others if they were able to understand our position.
You can't have love (love, love, love) without empathy, so if empathy comes first, maybe love would eventually follow.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can't settle with only one quality so i'll mention two. There are two main areas of concern that will determine the future of the human race and the world.

Firstly- Conservation ethic of the biophysical environment. If we don't address this on an international scale through a holistic thinking approach, then climate change is and will determine the extinction of the biosphere, including wiping out the human population.

Secondly- Pacifism- the opposition to war or violence as a means of 'settling' disputes.

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy? Mahatma Gandhi.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For me, a very compassionate but scientific mindfulness... where people would have the ability to get to the heart of the matter with their heart leading the way...[b]

"There is no negative one..."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pacifism is a good quality, but someone has to protect that pacifist.

I admire Gandhi dearly and his non violent methods proved successful, even though people did die, I think more were saved. But in another place or time I don't thnk he would have been so successful. Hitler would have tossed him in the oven and Bush would bomb him, and should the bomb miss, he would have found him and tortured him.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that is true about gandhi, but remember the first post said that it would be a quality you would give to EVERYONE. if everyone was a pacifist, there would be no need to protect them from one another. in real life however, yes pacifists may set a good example, but pacifism wouldn't change much in todays world because too many of us only respond to force.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Balance. A balanced life style.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mine would be Respect. There are too many people out in the world who just need to take a step back and see that everbody deserves to be treated with respect.

My close second would be Patience. I'd like to blessed with a little more myself! I think the World would benefit a lot more from us all being more patient and accepting that all good things come to those who wait! Thanks to Margaret Thatcher, us Brits seem to have caught on to the craze of wanting something and wanting it right away!

"my name says it all!"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God.

""No words""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you mean to give everyone the qualities of God? Now that wouldn't work. God is special for being one. Plus, we wouldn't be people anymore. We'd be...God.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
trappist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
haha

slavery- if everyone was my slave then no1 would be upset cos you would all be equally pissed off. hahah

just kidding

"American chicks dig english Guys"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Das Kapital is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Equality everyone would have the rights to the same free health care, education,food etc.

My close second would be Atheism religion is the root of societies problems and interaction with other nations on a world stage.

"To wish for death is a coward's part." [Timidi est optare necem.] Ovid"
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy