Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What one quality would make the world better? - Page 3

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe a wise man would plot against anyone... a wise man knows all pleasure and pain, he would also know the consequences of his actions. I think you are mistaking wisdom for knowledge.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The wisest man to ever live, Solomon, declared that wisdom is a waste of time!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
who's to say he's the wisest man?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M •
Ricardo1991 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
If you are wise then you understand everything. If you understand everything then you know the solution to every problem. If you know the solution to every problem then there are no problems. Eh? maybe?

wisdom is the ability to know what is right and wrong and the capacity to make use of it
but if everyone was wise they would always choose the right path of action
then there would be no more problems
and if there were no more problems then how would we make mistakes and then how would we learn?

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that conantroutman is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think everyone living in ignorante bliss would be nice. Well the more i know the more complicated my life seems to get.

"everything about be is true, everything about me is false, everything about me is nothing, it is through omission that i seek to be exact"
 32yrs • M •
Freudian Slip is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Pacifism,
If everyone in the world was a pacifist, all violent confrontations would be abolished. There would be a higher state of calmness in this situation therein leading to a state of clarity in thought, providing us with new technological advances. The use of time, money, and manpower would be taken out of all war aspects, leaving us more time to research a cure for AIDS, or cancer. It would provide more money to fund the research for such things and help rehabilitate and re-house the poor. Although there would be less death and an increase in longjevity, therein creating an overpopulation problem and destroying us slowly. so I guess I just proved myself wrong and I'm going to just stop typing and kill myself now.

On second thought Enlightenment,
Enlightenment would provide us with the state of mind seeing everything as being one in itself, everything building off of everything else. This heightened sense of understanding would allow us as humans to accept, and appreciate other cultures, instead of contribing hate and prejudice.

"Love adorns itself; it seeks to prove inward happiness, through outward beauty."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
more open minded people. it seems that there are a lot of judgmental people in this world. way to many. they take all of the bad things u do and judge u for that and they ignore the good.

"free country my ass."
 35yrs • M •
Drengor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think one thing that would really make a difference, especially now in this day and age is the ability of * Common Consideracy*. Its the only the that every-- well if not everyone but much of the population lacks.. the simple act of opening the door and holding it open when leaveing a resturant for the people comming out behind you. People used to do that.. Kids will run inside the house when their parents hands are full of groceries and let the door slam on the parents faces rather then hold the door open. Its just ONE simple act.. doesnt take a long time to learn.. it isnt hard to do.. IF just 1 simple act a day. Would make a difference, everyone that has kids teach them to be considerate, learn what it means and pass it on.

""Anger is a fabrication of the human mind, it only obstructs the true beauty of things""
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Real Sympathy

Not the theoretical kind in the dictionary... where one "feels" the "same" as another...

or the contrasted Empathy where one "understands" where another is coming from but doesn't feel the same...

But imagine if whenever you inflicted pain on another you felt it as well...

Imagine if every murderer himself died from the action...

Then the act of sex itself would take on new dimensions... of course population control would be a new issue but so imagine...

all the people... living life as one... you may say i'm a dreamer...

ha' ha' ha'...

Peace

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Adam, I think that is the best one I've read from this entire list.

I do want to point out; however, that many of you have used world peace as a supporting factor for your thesis. There can never be world peace.

Through wisdom, and empathy, and love we would certainly realize what we are doing to others, we would certainly understand where they are coming from, but none of these things can guarantee that we would care.

If a colleague came up to you, and told you a story about how they were abused as a child, you might feel bad for them, but if you had the opportunity to raise your job status in the corporation by stepping on this person, would you care that they were beaten as a child?

So then you say love, I know a lot of people who love. My friends father loves her mother, but that didn't stop him from cheating on her multiple times.

The pain he caused for that family was unimaginable. He loved them all dearly, but in pursuit of making himself happy, he ignored how hurt everyone else would be by his actions.

I think if we felt the pain we inflicted on others, we would be less inclined to hurt them. It would inspire love, respect, empathy, and understanding among other things.

Nearly every person on this earth pushes themselves towards self promotion despite who they have to step on to get there. If stepping on other people made you feel their pain you wouldn't be helping yourself at all.

You would be as honest as you were required to be so that you didn't hurt yourself.

So my hat is off to you Adam Seth God, very creative answer, and although it would not bring world peace, it would certainly bring us closer.

73yrs • M •
Uhmaybeu2 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Rudimentary Ego within the presence of an authentic method of further transformation.

""With what may the Devil not joke?""
[  Edited by Uhmaybeu2 at   ]
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tummy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Can we get rid of a quality instead of adding one? If so it would definitely be stupidity. God, I really hate stupid people. They annoy me to no ends and I wish stupid people would just die.

"You see a mousetrap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge!!"
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tummy, you are only nineteen. Why would you want to die so young?

26yrs • F •
chambre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would definitely have to say tolerance, or patience. People having the patience or tolerance to understand and listen to other people. Many people are replying with pacifism, but if we all had pacifism how would we have a different opinions and views on things? No one would disagree with someone else, leaving us to almost all follow the same theories . It would take away human diversity.

With patience or tolerance, we would better understand one another and maybe come together easier to solve the issues we all face as humans.

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My death?

What one quality would make the world better? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy