Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The fraud of Christianity

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes to the uncommon eye Christianity is fraud. But, there are a lot of benefits that it provides. Such as the feeling of a meaning full life. Or, the sense of comfort to the elderly of another life greater than the one in existence. Think about it elderly people would give anything to regain their youth and this religion promises that if you be good you'll live another.

Although personally i don't believe in christianity it serves a purpose. It's a simple comfort blanket to those who are dying or a place to turn when someone has completely lost their way.

And, do you think you can sway a hardcore Catholic's opinion on the existence of God. Think again. I give credit when it's deserved.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the pursuit of happiness, something everyone wants. it is in this pursuit that we begin the recruitment of others that we have all fucked up. noone besides me can know what makes me happy, goes the same for you. simple as that... well i think anyways.
i grew up forcefed catholicism like a fucking doughnut and it sucked, it did much more harm for my mind and all of my classmates than it did good. However if catholics shared there faith with those who actively pursued it then it would be fine, same with christianity

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i grew up forcefed catholicism

I feel for you. I did not grow up cathloic, but i have known people who have.

I just do not get catholicism, it is like a radical branch of christianity.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
i apologize for not really answering the thread though
i dont think you can really question the purpose of denominations... rather what they use to form there beliefs... all religions to me are self-promting for whatever reason... all religions to me are cults, that kill people, minds, and spirits. however i believe the purpose of the bible was to portay a moral guideline that if we all followed we would all be extremely happy and far more advanced in the world.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK I'm gonna be forced to dissagree with the cults part. Budhisim is deffinately not a cult that destroys the mind and body. Neither are most denominations of Christianity, nor Muslim, nor Judaism, nor Wicka even. Sure there are some religions that promote destruction of the body to free the soul, but it's only the dogmatic and fanatical ones that I would consider to be mind destroying cults.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 44yrs • M •
You know i am glad you brought up wick, that is an especially interesting religion. i studied it thouroghly, also becuase my wife is a wick, and i found it covers some points better than christianity, not that i switched relgions or anything.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
i did not mean literally... sorry
the stress and harm that these religions cause on emotional levels lead to these things... thats all im saying, not the religion itself.
if people all elt people believe what they wanted i would promote every singloe religion that didnt idolize death or harm

44yrs • M •
Nobody who does not practice another religon cannot truly know the other religion, and if you do not truly know it you cannot truly respect it.

"What is true power?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah Christianity has really lost its way. According to the Bible Jesus never pressured anyone to believe his teachings. This is something I believe the church has forgotten about. Their focus is more on silly traditions then the actual teachings of Jesus Christ. Such traditions include singing at every chance or break in the mass. One thing I don't like about Catholicism is people leave the mass like they've done something great. But, what change have they done in the world. They could have worked together and fed the homeless or something.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
yeai agree jacker... an hour once aweek is now he most holy thing we can do.
hearing Gods word might make us feel like we are better people but fulfilling his word is what His word was intended for.
i said somewhere in this site before: just because we change the way we think we have not changed ourselves. when we change the way we interact is when we will change other peoples minds as well.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think Christianity is beautiful in its simplicity: be good to one another, turn the other cheek, forgive your enemies, be good to those who hurt you, love everyone and everything.
I'm Catholic and I resent the past statements about Catholicism. How can Catholicism be a radical form of Christianity when it was the first form of Christianity? Yes, Catholicism was force-fed to me, and I used to hate it. Now I realize there are serious flaws, but I still like it more than any Protestant group. Catholicism's main point that it drives home is this:all people, especially the poor, are holy and you must suffer all your days, but even though you suffer a paradise shall come to those with pure hearts who tried to strive for goodness and felt sorrow for their wrongdoings. I don't feel that same message from Protestant faiths.
Don't ever say "fuck Christians". Say "fuck people who say they're Christian but don't act like it". I love Christianity. Fuck all y'all.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Catholicism is a varient of Christianity. In fact it has a whole set of beliefs that do not even coincide with the teachings of Jesus.
Besides I thought you were an atheist so why would you care?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 44yrs • M •
Catholicism stresses ritual, Jesus was openly agianst ritual he taught that God was apart of everyone, we did not need to be in church and tell a priest all of our sins in order to goto heaven. Unles of curse people actually believe that only a preiest can get you into heaven?

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That makes perfect sense to me. That's what the entire protestant movement was about anyway. People were sick of having to go to the priests to pray, of having to pay the priests to pray, and pretty much having to treat the priests like royalty because they were told that's how you achieved salvation.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy