It's not how you pick your nose, it's where you put that booger that counts -- Tre Cool of Green Day - Wyote
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The fraud of Christianity - Page 4

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
"The Bible was written by man but created by God." Bullshit.

You know this how?

quote:
"But that does not dismiss God as the creator of morals." Yes it does

It does not. Just because we need them doesn't mean God didn't create them.

quote:
Not at all. You see, we as a species have war as population control

That's brilliant. So instead of responsibility we choose a path of bloodshed.

quote:
Which came first the chicken or the egg?

The Chicken.

quote:
To tell the truth I happen to be allergic to lies and bullshit. It makes me want to throw up

ANd yet you gladly accept lies... You must be very sick

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
How can life be a test if God is omniscient? What is the test for? Wheter we do wrong or right? That is obsurd. There would be no point to life if it was a test, God already know the choices we will make.

Actually God can choose to know or not know things as He sees fit. It is possible that while God has access to the future He may not always use it.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 39yrs • M •
quote:
ROFL this is it guys, we finally found one who thinks he knows what GOD thinks

God tells us that He doesn't always choose to kow everything.

quote:
Thats the same as saying Thomas Jefferson had his 3 year old nephew write the declaration of Independence. Jesus Christ give me a break.

IIf a person has the capibility to move their hand to write words (regardless of understanding they would be fit for the job.

quote:
Fine, since you obviously can't remember the beginning of this thread... Is something good because God says so or does God simply tell us what is good?

My point is God gave us morals (Ie He told us what is good)

quote:
5 people sit on a deserted island with but a slice of cake left. Who is responsible then for all of them living on? Some one will die and some one will live. Quit acting like your better just because you think your a responsible person.

That is not population control that is survival. The comment was on the necessity of violence in population control not survival

quote:
ERRRR wrong dumbass! The correct answer is as follows:
Since both the chicken and the egg are made up of energy they are equal and there is no difference between the two, therefore the question becomes irrelevant.

So then apes do not predate man because if they are simply energy like the chicken and egg then they have always been and evolution is irrelevent.

quote:
I already told you what the truth was. Your just ignorant and haven't payed attention.

You merely told me what you think is true.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[quote] God tells us that He doesn't always choose to kow everything.

when has god told us anything, did he tell u etherealmeekle

and when u say, go thinks we should, god tells us, god did this, ummmmm hello u dont know that god may not be real, im not saying he definitley isnt but to quote god is to quote an empty threat

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 39yrs • M •
whats your proof (there isnt any) that chistianity is 100% tue, nithing is 100% true

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We can't know what God is, our little mind can not comprehend. Religeon is simply an attempt at relating with what is to much for us to understand. No religion is 100 percent right and I don't believe that any religion is 100 percent wrong. While there is bad in all religions you can also find good. The Essene's were very impressive and today you have the Quakers, The Minonites, Salvation Army. In all religion you'll find bad and you'll find good things because you have different kind of people with common beliefs, it can get confusing and strangly when fault is found, we blame the belief and not the person because we just don't want to believe that some of us can be evil.

I remember a Chief who used to always tell us, nomatter what you do, a lazy man will always be lazy and a hard worker will always work hard. It's the person and not the beliefs - and yet to throw in more confusion, people do change.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i grew up forcefed catholicism like a fucking doughnut and it sucked, it did much more harm for my mind and all of my classmates than it did good. However if catholics shared there faith with those who actively pursued it then it would be fine, same with christianity

You didnt receive grace.
Something held you back?

Pride?

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Think of it as...this is how He seperates the good and bad eggs, and shoots the bad eggs down the hatch, never to be seen again, or worried about.

Your eternity is strictly your option. There is free will.

IF you so choose hell, then you shall have it. BTW, eternity is forever, without end.,

See, as humans we see end as something eventual...but it is not so in the after life. Forever and ever and non stop. No end..and no tickets out.

Have a gr8 day!

quote:
How can life be a test if God is omniscient? What is the test for? Wheter we do wrong or right? That is obsurd. There would be no point to life if it was a test, God already know the choices we will make.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 39yrs • M •
god says he loves everyone (im not a believer but thats what it says) so y would he cast you to hell and not change u, hell....HAHHAHAHAHA, earth at the moment is hell

64yrs • M •
quote:
Think of it as...this is how He seperates the good and bad eggs, and shoots the bad eggs down the hatch, never to be seen again, or worried about.

I've not heard that one before, is that from the Patrish Bible?

39yrs • M •
the patrish bible consists of "god is grea he is so good, i no he is real becuz a book says so, the bible is true jesus of nazarus is true. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
first of all, it's nazareth. and secondly, you don't really need a book to tell you what's in your heart. people believe in the bible (God) because He created us and thus we owe Him our existence.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 64yrs • M •
God created us so we owe him our life - I've never heard that said before. I believe that, I'm not sure that God is a him or not, He could be. The original post

quote:
The fraud of Christianity

That was all he wrote and hasn't said anything else accept ...

A lot of people (including myself) are frustrated with Christianity because according to the media, the Christians put Bush in office. There have been a few who have defended Bush inexcusably who has sanctioned torture in the name of Christianity as Bush were a saint.

But I have discovered that there are many Christians who never supported Bush and many more who have realized they have made a mistake. We all make mistakes, even Christians. I also know that the media is usually wrong and we should never believe them without question.

I am not a Christian because I don't believe that Jesus was God in the Flesh who sacrificed himself to pay the price for our sins.

I do believe that Jesus obtained what some today call "Christ Consciousness" and that he died because of our sin not for our sins and that he new it would happen and allowed it to happen because he understood human nature and knew that his death would cause his teachings to spread all over the world way into the future.

I cannot prove that my beliefs are correct anymore than a Christian, Muslim or Jew can prove that their teachings are correct. We believe in that we cannot see and it is called faith because we cannot prove what we believe. Faith is a good thing, and I wish we all had it. Everyones faith is valid and we should respect eachothers faith, and unfortunately we don't, but we should.

In the name of our faiths terrible things have occurred. So some would have us believe that our faith is bad, but should you investigate further, you will also discover that wonderful things have also happened because of our faith, and communism who tried to stamp out faith alltogether was not so wonderful either.

Truth is, evil will do evil for whatever reason or excuse it will find. It is called the great deceiver, and as I posted elsewhere: It doesn't seem to matter what a person believes, they will be good or evil regardless, I think the difference is if you believe in a good god or an evil god. If you think God would justify torture, you will make your beliefs correspond with that notion and if you believe that God would never sanction such a thing, then you will likewise make adjustments to your beliefs.

As for me - God created the shark and the dolphin, and like the Gnostic's believed, God intended us to learn good and evil.

33yrs • M •
Fallenchainsfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i do not believe that christianity is a fraud. the bible says that one day every knee will bow and every tounge will confess so you beileve what you want to but when judgement day comes its the pepole who dont believe that will have to awnser to god

"if jesus died for you why cant you live for him"
The fraud of Christianity - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy