Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The fraud of Christianity - Page 6

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Like I asked, thanks for helping make my point.

So then Leftwood how do explain people spontaneously speaking languages that they do not know?

quote:
for one speaking in tounges is not meant for other man to understand. when you talk in tounges you are speaking to god.

That is not Biblical, the Bible is very clear that if you are speaking in tongues that you must have a translator so that all present may be encouraged. And if there is no translator then the words are to remain silent and pray to God by the individual alone.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
So then Leftwood how do explain people spontaneously speaking languages that they do not know?

Why, have you met someone that authentically has? And even if it did occur, what would make a religious achievement?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Why, have you met someone that authentically has? And even if it did occur, what would make a religious achievement?

I have not seen it done but I know those who have. It is not a religious achievement but a spiritual one. People don't just randomly start speaking of God in languages that they have not learned to speak.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sounds like they do to me...

"Dark and silent and complete."
 46yrs • M
quote:
I have not seen it done but I know those who have.

I'm sure you do. Got a bridge to the moon you might be interested in as well.

quote:
People don't just randomly start speaking of God in languages that they have not learned to speak.

Maybe you are right, maybe they don't speak to god or in another language at all. There's a thought, thanks for clearing that up.

Boy, for bible thumpers, you sure aren't wary of false prophets.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You must begin to understand that the beautiful world of which you believe was created by your God is in thought just as beautiful as the creater should be. And so I ask who created him? Think about it enough and you realize that you lack the concept of infinity within your beliefs. If god and be so great without having a creator so can this world.

As I said, it is not possible for our little head to comprehend God, we can only understand as much as our little head can understand - I'm not ashamed to say I don't know - but if you do know - please share this great wisdom with us.

quote:

Some people make stuff up - Jesus says you will know them by their fruits.

If good things come from them then they are true, if bad things come from them, they are false.

Example: BUSH

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
If you can understand the meaning of the words "one" and "is" you can comprehend anything.

"If good things come from them then they are true" That makes no sense at all! Can you be more specific with this idea here?

39yrs • M •
quote:
Maybe you are right, maybe they don't speak to god or in another language at all. There's a thought, thanks for clearing that up.

But what if they do? How would you explain it?

quote:

What do legitimate spiritual gifts have to do with false prophets?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If good things come from them then they are true" That makes no sense at all! Can you be more specific with this idea here?

I'm still waiting for your great wisdom, you offer none, yet you ask for wisdom from me to insult me with it. I plead the fifth, You think your so smart to insult me then you're smart enough to figure it out.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
Pay attention young one and you would have gotten the CHANCE to gain some wisdom. Wisdom cannot be learned through anything but experience.

And I did not ask for your wisdom, that is foolhardy. But I did request you elaborate.

46yrs • M
quote:
If good things come from them then they are true, if bad things come from them, they are false.

Good and bad are relative. We all have good and bad in us, and all our actions, regardless of intention, produce both good and bad results. Its a guarantee.

quote:
But what if they do? How would you explain it?

Well firstly, I would not be so presumptuous to explain it unless somehow I knew for certain.

Secondly, I would realize that there are an infinite number of possibilities that could explain it, God, brain waves, instinctual programming, government experiment, picked nose just right. Thus making an attempt at explanation, let alone a claim of belief in a known truth, foolish.

quote:
What do legitimate spiritual gifts have to do with false prophets?

What "legitimate" (meaning authenticated and presentable as such) spiritual gifts are you speaking of? Or do you actually mean claims? Please think before answering.

To clarify, my referrence to false prophets is in regards to those claiming to you to have, or claiming to know others that claim to have "spiritual gifts".

Especially those specifically running or influencing through an actual religious church, also known as a cult. And don't bother trying to argue the cult point untill you have looked up the word's exact definition.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm still waiting for your great wisdom, you offer none, yet you ask for wisdom from me to insult me with it. I plead the fifth, You think your so smart to insult me then you're smart enough to figure it out

for an old guy that argues with teenagers you're a little proud here, dontcha think?
if your only reason for arguing is to make yourself feel better, than maybe you should pick on someone your own size. wait... the funny thing is, the reason why you are being to pround, is Ancient, a 17 year old, is your size. even bigger. he is waiting for you to figure it out. i know this, because of his reference to wisdom. he said that had you payd attention you would have had the chance to gain some. but you werent paying attention, you were to busy trying not to seem like an idiot, pleeding the fifth only means that you are scared of humiliation, which only means you are a bad christian. he has the wisdom you are looking for, but he cant give it to you, you have to figure it out on your own.
i, on the other hand, dont care if you learn anything and find extremely funny that the person you think is only trying to hurt you is actually helping and that me, the guy you probably think wouldnt do that just for fun, is about to give it a try. keep in mind i dont think im going to be very succesful, but what the hay.
quote:
If good things come from them then they are true" That makes no sense at all! Can you be more specific with this idea here?
firstly, when making an abstract and extreme claim such as this one you should always keep in mind the [person you are talking to. im not telling you to dumb it down, but to keep in mind only what you goal is. that goal is communication. and when your attempts at communication fail it is your responsibility, to the person you are talking with, to clear it up. other wise you are imidiatly assumed an ass-hole and only talking with said person for self gratification, making you an even worse christian.
secondly, this makes no sense. you are saying that if something spawns something good, it is good and "true." by true i assume you mean true to "the lord" and i think that confused Ancient. and if something spawns bad, it is bad. hence "you will know them by their fruits", or something along those lines. this is where infinity comes in. infinity means all. god, in the christian religion, created the first. he is the alpha. if he created, spawned, life itself and everything in this univeres, by your logic, if anything bad is in this univeres it is his fault and he himself is bad, because he is the creator, his creations, his fruits, are a representation of himself.
now, if god is infinit, all, and he is the origin, than every single thing that has ever happend, FUCKING EVER, is his fault. very plain, very simple.
now, because you are christian, you will say that sin is responsible for all bad. then i will say, god creadted sin. then you will say, god created free will. then i will say, god is all knowing so he knew what he was doing. then ethereal the lost( i like that name, its catchy) will say that god chose to be ignorant. and we will argue about that.
so... lets skip that shit. what we should argue about is the meaning of infinity. very simple definition, it means all. origin to end. in all directions. wait a second... does that sound familiar!?!? why yes, yes it fucking does. sounds like god.
so, if god is infinit, and anybody with a functioning head can tell by that little paragraph that he is, that means that he spreads across everything that he has created. that he is, in ecsense, everything he created. he is the tree, and we are the fruit. and if the tree is responsible for the fruit, by your logic the tree is represented by the fruit. and because god is johnny fucking apple seed, and the original tree of all shit as we know it, he is represented by all shit as we know it.
now do you see the follie of your ways, young one? yes? i dont beleive, so im gonna keep going.
you admit there is good in this world. you also admit there is bad. you have said that a tree is ethier good, or bad. not both. and even when you say that it can be both, i will just say this,
" you would follow a god that you admit could be evil?" and then you will go cry in the shower.

goodnight, halelua, and prais the fucking lord.

Awakend

(hows that for wisdom tuff guy)

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
To clarify, my referrence to false prophets is in regards to those claiming to you to have, or claiming to know others that claim to have "spiritual gifts".

If you doubt the existence of spiritual gifts such as speaking in tongues than it is more likely that you are a false prophet, thanks for the warning.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
or maybe hes just testing you faith?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M
quote:
If you doubt the existence of spiritual gifts such as speaking in tongues than it is more likely that you are a false prophet, thanks for the warning.

Why, because you say it is authentic? I have been given no reason not to doubt, yet plenty to do so.

Do you know what chanting is?

Maybe you missunderstand something, what exactly it is you think I doubt. I don't doubt that people babble in "languages" that they admit they themselves do not understand, and that it even creates powerful emotions. I doubt that they are speaking intelligible language, or to the Biblical God, or are doing anything abnormal or deserving of being labled a spiritual gift.

Euphoria is a gift indeed, but religion is not its source.

I also don't doubt that somehow, someway, at some point, people have or will be able to "spontaneously" speak unknown, unlearned, or whatever languages.

But I do doubt that anyone you have ever met speaks in actual unlearned existing foreign languages.

And unless they are speaking in an existing language, I see no significance to tounges to begin with.

Tell me something, what logic runs through your head to make sense out of people needing to speak in any other language to speak to god? You think he's to stupid to know english? Or perhaps is hard of hearing?

How exactly do you rationalize a significance to the existance of the idea of tounges, let alone blindly believe the claims of others.

Sure, they may be speaking to god, but no more than I would be, in thought, voice, written word, etc.

Do you get what I'm saying?

The fraud of Christianity - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy