A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The fraud of Christianity - Page 7

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
And unless they are speaking in an existing language, I see no significance to tounges to begin with.

It is not considered speaking in tongues unless it can be interpretted.

quote:
Tell me something, what logic runs through your head to make sense out of people needing to speak in any other language to speak to god? You think he's to stupid to know english? Or perhaps is hard of hearing?

Speaking in tongues is not about talking to God, it is about talking about God. It is used for teaching people who do not speak your own language. It can be used for prayer but that it not it's main purpose. If you were trying to communicate with someone who did not speak their language would you not think it significant to suddenly be able to do so?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If you were trying to communicate with someone who did not speak their language would you not think it significant to suddenly be able to do so?

Of course.

Know anyone, ever, who has done it, not claimed to or claimed to know someone who has?

Just because it would be an amazing feat, does not mean it happens, nor that it would be explained by a biblical miracle.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Know anyone, ever, who has done it, not claimed to or claimed to know someone who has?

I already told you I have not seen it done but that doesn't mean I won't ever get a chance to see or even do it.

quote:
Just because it would be an amazing feat, does not mean it happens,

Just because you have never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 46yrs • M
quote:
I already told you I have not seen it done but that doesn't mean I won't ever get a chance to see or even do it.

Oh, I'd be willing to make a wager on that.

quote:
Just because you have never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I don't see werewolves and vampires very often either...

But actually I agree, but it makes it far more likely that it does not and will not happen, not without human evolution or intervention, probably technological.

You do not have to tell me anything and everything are possible, which I'm doubting you ever would, because your belief system restrains such notions.

I guess my main point, on topic, is that I find it far more likely that anyone who has made claim to this feat, is a fraud.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that the great focy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes yes christains do suck

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Good and bad are relative. We all have good and bad in us, and all our actions, regardless of intention, produce both good and bad results. Its a guarantee.

True - but you quoted me out of context. If we believe in things that cannot be proven, how do we know someone is pulling our leg - Jesus says you will know them by their fruits.

quote:
spiritual gifts are you speaking of?

There is a list of spiritual gifts in the bible. One of them is tongues, another is dreams and yet another prophesy.

quote:
even worse christian.

I'm not a Christian and awakendwraith who are you to judge me? *disregarding the rest of your post*

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
typical christian.
you could understand why i thought you were, yes?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M
quote:
If we believe in things that cannot be proven, how do we know someone is pulling our leg

Why would you believe such a thing without doubt or possible change. This is the type of thing that could keep you from realizing if Jesus actually walked up and shook your hand.

What if he said something wasn't true in the Bible, would you call him a liar?

quote:
Jesus says you will know them by their fruits.

And in context of your point, I said people's "fruits" have both good and bad consequences, making such a judgement unsubstantial and left to the influence of bias.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
What if he said something wasn't true in the Bible, would you call him a liar?

I don't believe in the bible one hundred percent.

quote:
good and bad consequences,

The consequences are the fruits - for example: Bush

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 33yrs • M •
Fallenchainsfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---
That is not Biblical, the Bible is very clear that if you are speaking in tongues that you must have a translator so that all present may be encouraged. And if there is no translator then the words are to remain silent and pray to God by the individual alone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----

i want you to show some scripture on that

"if jesus died for you why cant you live for him"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"There are different kinds of gifts but the same Spirit. ... To one there is given through the Spirit... speaking in different kinds of tongues." 1 Corinthians 12:4,8,10.

"For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God" 1 Corinthians 14:2.

"So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying?" 1 Corinthians 14:9

Hope this helps.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
The fraud of Christianity - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy