Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 6

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Saying, 'It's ok to be gay,' is not the same as the media saying, 'It will make you friends if you smoke.' Just because something is ok doesn't make it popular, as I'm sure you're well aware. The truth is, yes, it's perfectly fine to be gay. And it's perfectly fine to be gay and be Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim, or anything you want! Everything is ok as long as you stay within the bounds of law. Hence, we live in a FREE society. And if I'm not mistaken, that means you're free to sleep with whomever you want in the privacy of your own home as long as both parties consent to it.

OK, that's some backwards psychology right there. Let's make the world accept gay people by showing that they're retards without a lick of common sense. Hmmm yeah that sounds really pro-gay-acceptance to me. Or maybe... considering who owns 60% of the media... it's more along the lines of, 'Let's show that gay people are a bunch of morons so no one will take them seriously.' You're right, this is a form of brainwashing. However, it's meant to get people to disregard what gay people say, not let them live peacefully.

The world would be a whole lot better if people would lighten up. Then we wouldn't have people trying to tell other people how to live, there wouldn't be any violence, no wars, and there certainly wouldn't be any discrimination. People can be happy and accepting till the cows come home, but if you continually throw around insulting and offensive language at them, they'll just ignore you along with everyone else.

Yeah, ok. You can think of the situation and not feel even the slightest bit of anything while you do that. The only things I know of that can do that are machines, but whatever. If you want to keep thinking you can omnisciently predict events, go right ahead. As for the second part of what you said here. 'I wouldn't bother going to church at all because I would know I was wasting my time.' Yeah, so then hey, all you Muslims in Al-Qaeda, stop going to your Mosque because you really aren't following Mohammad's teachings to the letter so you aren't Muslim. Oh, and hey you Christian and Jewish soldier's in Iraq. You don't have to worry about praying any more and you certainly won't be saved because, look at that, you've killed people and that breaks one of the Ten Commandments. Believing that participating in a religion is just a waste of time because you break a single tenant of that religion is just stupid. If that were the case, then religion wouldn't exist because no one is perfect like that. The rules laid down in the Bible are guidelines. GUIDELINES. They are meant to help people live their lives in the best way possible. That doesn't mean you have to obey every single letter, you can still be a good person and be slothful for example. You might not be the best person in the world, but hey, at least you aren't going around and eating live children right?

Let's see, if you listen to Jesus' words than you also have to listen to his cardinal rule. The one that takes precedence over everything else. You know, 'Love thy neighbor, like thy brother.' Yeah so that's what I'm missing here. I missed the part when we amended that little saying to, 'Love thy neighbor, like thy brother. Oh and don't forget to hate these guys while your at it.' This makes absolutely no sense. The definition of the word Catholic in the first place is 'Open, accepting, and universal.' This used to be the basis of Christianity. Everyone come in, it doesn't matter what you do, if you put your faith in Jesus you'll be saved. So they don't follow every word he ever said. Neither did the two men who died on the cross when Jesus was crucified, and guess who the first people to be admitted to heaven through Jesus' sacrifice were... Those two murderers. You want to talk about the opposite direction from Jesus' teachings, look at yourself first. Demeaning and universally telling people what they should believe based on how they feel about other people is one of the least acceptable stances I've ever heard of. You wanna know where gay activists get the comparison to racism from? I'll tell you. It's because the only thing less accepting than this stance is racism.

Generally this is referred to as a mid-life crises. And yes it happens all the time, though usually it isn't with homosexuality. It can be with a new car or wanting to run off into the woods and commune with nature. And the point is, since no one can fully understand themselves, then there is always something else to learn. That something could very well be that you feel attracted to the same sex. Splitting up a family because one of the partners discovers they no longer love their spouse is not evil. In fact, I would say it would be more detrimental to the children if the parents stayed together but didn't love each other. The only thing that could make this situation a bad thing, would be how either parent acted after the divorce, and that has nothing to do with their sexual orientation.

I think you managed to prove my point for me with this part, but just in case people missed it... So if people don't notice this question that's being put to them, then they just go along with nature's plan right? Wouldn't that make consciously choosing one or the other a violation of nature, and by extent, a violation of God's creation? According to Christianity we obtained the sin of knowledge when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. So if you notice that you're being asked to choose based on knowledge rather than instinct, your choosing based on original sin. The natural order of things is what God created when he brought the world into existence. Does anyone have the right then to violate the natural order? Even if it's directing them towards a so-called sin?

I just have to ask this because all the times genetics has been thrown around on this thread. Is it really so hard to believe that people have a predisposition to a certain manner of thought based on the chemicals that make up the body? Isn't that the whole basis behind psychological pharmaceuticals? I bet it would make you happy to have a drug that would turn everyone into faithful, mindless, Christians but it's not going to happen. Different schools of thought are the hallmark of progress and trying to demean another's chemical thought process is demeaning their humanity. I don't really care one way or the other how people become gay, but I do know that it isn't a choice.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
My question to you all is, what is the big deal? Does it really matter what happens to us after we die? Should we really kill each other because of idiotic discrepancies in religion?

I agree - how can two people who believe in God kill each other, but yes they do??????

How

If I believe that God created me and I believe that God created you, why would I believe that God cares about me but not you?

If I was God and I created two people, I would be very dissapointed if one killed the other because of me. I would throw my hands up in the air and declare, what have I made?

In Genesis, God said he repented after he made man, that's not hard to figure out - we're retarded.

That must be why Jesus had come - but now it gets worse, we kill others in the name of Jesus, the man who voluntarily walked into a trap and let himself get killed as an example for us to follow - go figure.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
that alone is enough to make them start lying to themselves just so they can beleive that they're straight.

So this condition is something that can be stopped?

quote:
And if you can honestly say "yeah, i can see myself going out with him" then either you have diffuculty puttign thoughts into words, or you're just "going throught the motions" of christianity (by your logic).

What I said was "And even know I can imagine what it might be like to be involved with another man"

If you're going to use my words against me then at least get them right

quote:
I mean going to church every week to hear again why you're going to hell.

Your ignorance is understandable. But hell is not such a common topic in Christian churches. It comes up as necessary but it really isn't all the vital and I can't remember one sermon that was dedicated to Hell.

quote:
But it doesn't stay suppressed forever, oh no. eventually they realise that they've been lying to themselves for all this time, and they decide that they won't anymore.

So is homosexuality just an unsupressable urge?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
I haven't heard anything so correct in a long time okcitykid. What you said makes perfect sense.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
And it's perfectly fine to be gay and be Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim, or anything you want! Everything is ok as long as you stay within the bounds of law.

The Christian law is clear about homosexual behaviour.

quote:
OK, that's some backwards psychology right there. Let's make the world accept gay people by showing that they're retards without a lick of common sense.

It works. People aren't threatened by difference if they can still believe that they are superior.

quote:
and there certainly wouldn't be any discrimination

In order for there to be no discrimination we must all be exactly the same

quote:
Yeah, so then hey, all you Muslims in Al-Qaeda, stop going to your Mosque because you really aren't following Mohammad's teachings to the letter so you aren't Muslim.

I was talking about what I personally would think don't ask me to tell you how Muslims think.

quote:
you've killed people and that breaks one of the Ten Commandments

Ten commandments refers to murder, not killing. And even murderers can be christians provided the cease to murder people.

quote:
Believing that participating in a religion is just a waste of time because you break a single tenant of that religion is just stupid

That single tenant is very important. It's like saying you want to learn math without learning how to add.

quote:
, 'Love thy neighbor, like thy brother. Oh and don't forget to hate these guys while your at it.'

Why must a person hate another based on behaviour. I do not hate homosexuals. I've worked with some very cool homosexuals and a good friend of mine from highschool was also homosexual.

quote:
'Open, accepting, and universal.'

So we should also love evil?

quote:
and guess who the first people to be admitted to heaven through Jesus' sacrifice were... Those two murderers

Only one of them got in to Heaven because he repented of his evil ways. One cannot repent from something and then willingly keep doing it.

quote:
The natural order of things is what God created when he brought the world into existence

God did not create man to be homosexual.

quote:
I don't really care one way or the other how people become gay, but I do know that it isn't a choice.

How. If you do not know the answer how can you be sure any is wrong?
Besides legitimate psycologists will tell you that homosexuality is a choice. And also people can change their orientation.

37yrs • M •
As far as I was aware, the laws of Christianity were laid out in the Ten Commandments. At least that's the official version. Jesus himself overruled the entirety of the rules laid out in the old testament, and spoke of many more additional rules. However, what he may have said 2000 years ago, that homosexuality was detrimental to society, does not apply to today because times change. Above all, Jesus said to love everyone. This implies that you have to accept everyone, regardless of what they do. This may be hard to swallow, but if it was easy, why do it?

You proved my point again. The media is striving to demean homosexuals. This is hardly a good thing for the gays and lesbians of the world. Now every one not only will laugh at them, but they'll say, 'Oh that person's just gay, their opinion doesn't matter because I'm superior to them.'

We don't have to all be the same. We merely don't have to care about the differences that separate us to get rid of discrimination. If everyone was light hearted and carefree, and didn't care about how the person walking by was different from them, their wouldn't be any discrimination.

And I was applying your words to the rest of the world. If people can be declared to not be part of their religion because they repeatedly go against one tenant, then the Muslims who are in Al-Qaeda fit right into that mold, and Islam is supposed to be the most accepting of the big three monotheistic religions.

Murder is killing. Taking life from one individual is murder no matter how you look at it. It's all stealing life. The only reason we have a distinction is because in secular society, we don't want to punish people who killed in self-defense. I'm not saying secular society is right or wrong, and I don't want to get into this unrelated issue on this thread, I'm only using this to show why there is currently a distinction between murder and killing.

That single tenant is mentioned I believe once in the bible. It can hardly be more important than the command to love everyone, which is mentioned more times than I care to count. If you think sexuality is comparable to adding, then loving everyone must be the ability to count period.

So you don't hate them. Fine. But that doesn't change the fact that you're essentially saying, 'My god is too good for you because you like someone who's the same gender as you.' Also if you do indeed not mind homosexuals, why do you insist on insulting them by saying they are helping to destroy society?

Yes. In fact Jesus specifically says to love everyone, including those who are evil. The only way to defeat evil is to show a universal and unconditional love for everything and everyone.

He put his faith in Jesus and was saved. Great. So why can't someone who is gay put their faith in him and also be saved? When we ask for forgiveness for sin through Jesus, God grants that forgiveness unconditionally. In addition, he completely and utterly forgets the sin that is forgiven. He doesn't care how many times you sin, as long as you have faith in Jesus.

Now, I'll put this right out front. I am a tolkienist, so I'm quite big on nature. Now you said earlier that people who don't notice the question of being gay or not just went along with nature's plan. So if someone doesn't notice the question and is still attracted to the same sex, it follows that that was nature's plan. Now why would God create nature, and then let it lead men to sin? My point here is, that for all intents and purposes, nature is the closest thing we have to an embodiment of God on earth. After all, in Eden, man was a part of nature. Thus, if nature is leading people to become homosexual, than that must be all part of the grand design.

There are also legitimate psychologists who will assert that being gay is not a choice. Of course this is all relative because two things affect all scientific studies. The thought process of the people conducting the study, and the thought process of people taking the study. I never said I did not know the answer as to why people are gay. I actually stated quite clearly that I believe they have no choice in the matter.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i havent really said much on this thread because you guys seem to care much more than me but on nature, which leads people to being gay.... im not quite sure what the proof for that is. We have intuition for a reason, to know that even though animals eat other animal people shouldnt eat people. YES nature does give us answers to life and YES nature lets us exist but nature is not what we should base our lifestyles on. that seems like an empty arguement, and yes isilomir, i know you were just citing what someone else says. and for what its worth if God made everyone out of his own image then noone is born gay. regardless of time and the progression(degression) of society.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
This implies that you have to accept everyone, regardless of what they do

This would mean that we must accept evil. God will not accept evil and neither can we. We can detach a person's actions from who they are and thereby love the person without accepting all their actions. If love meant accepting all behaviour then nobody would love anyone else it would be impossible. Love looks beyond actions.

quote:
The media is striving to demean homosexuals. This is hardly a good thing for the gays and lesbians of the world. Now every one not only will laugh at them, but they'll say, 'Oh that person's just gay, their opinion doesn't matter because I'm superior to them.'

Exactly which is why that is not where the technique ends. Now what is happening is slowly homosexuals are getting rights and taking away the rights of others. This will work slowly but eventually homosexuality will rise to a position of power where it can look down on heterosexual people and discriminate against them.

quote:
We merely don't have to care about the differences that separate us to get rid of discrimination.

You are wrong, discrimination is recognition of the difference between one thing and another. The only way to stop recognizing differences is to eliminate them.

quote:
If people can be declared to not be part of their religion because they repeatedly go against one tenant,

I don't know about other religions but in Christianity you follow Christ. If you do not then you are not a Christian. Homosexuals cannot follow Christ because they willingly engage in behaviour that is unacceptable to God.

quote:
Taking life from one individual is murder no matter how you look at it.

The Hebrew language has word distinctions between murder and killing. For example it is not murder to hunt for food that would be killing. It is also not murder to participate in wars (this refers to righteous warfare)

quote:
Also if you do indeed not mind homosexuals, why do you insist on insulting them by saying they are helping to destroy society?

Because they are. Should I pretend not to care about the future generations? Should I remain ignorant to the subtle changes that are going to create a state of civil war if not contained?

quote:
If you think sexuality is comparable to adding, then loving everyone must be the ability to count period.

Why not? Why shouldn't love be that simple? Or do you think love is not for everyone should it be more like calculus?

quote:
The only way to defeat evil is to show a universal and unconditional love for everything and everyone.

Loving evil will only allow it to remain. One cannot love both good and evil. You can love people without basing that love on their accomplishments you know.

quote:
He doesn't care how many times you sin, as long as you have faith in Jesus.

But God is not stupid if you use forgiveness as an excuse to sin then God will deal with that. True repentance does not mean that you will never sin again but it will mean that you do not keep doing all the same things. Repentance brings about change and if it does not then it is not real.

quote:
So if someone doesn't notice the question and is still attracted to the same sex, it follows that that was nature's plan.

This does not make sense. You would be aware of the question if you arrive at such an answer. Homosexuality is not nature it is an anomaly. If you do not choose then you are not homosexual.

quote:
I actually stated quite clearly that I believe they have no choice in the matter.

This is based on what?

37yrs • M •
Love looks at everything. That is what is meant by unconditional love. God is supposed to love us unconditionally. That means that we could do anything at all, denounce him, ridicule him, or ignore him completely, and he would still love us. According to Jesus, God loves all his children. This includes those who are considered evil. If you don't accept evil than you can never deal with it. You have to accept that there is evil in the world. If you ignore it, it'll only get bigger.

Yes, homosexuals are finally getting rights from the government, but could you please tell me what rights they are taking away? And while you're looking that up, perhaps you'll come across an argument from modern history that sounds disturbingly like this one... 'Black people are slowly gaining rights and they will rise to a position of power from which they will look down on whites and discriminate against them.' You sound disturbingly like a white supremacist my friend.

Discrimination is not the recognition of differences; it is the magnification of differences. It's when one group of people take a miniscule, insignificant, meaningless difference they have with another group, and blows it up into a huge national problem that the rest of us then have to deal with.

Stealing is also unacceptable to God, as are a bunch of other things. The point that I've been repeatedly trying to make is that Jesus and God say they are more forgiving than you're giving them credit for. God loves everyone, and since he wants us all to go to heaven when we die, he sent his only son to die for our sins. Thus we would be forgiven regardless of whether we stop sinning or not. This is one of those basic tenets of Christianity. Unconditional repetitive forgiveness.

Hunting for food is not the same as killing a fellow human being. That's murder. To steal another sentient, thinking, developed human life, is murder, no matter how you look at it. As to the righteous wars, I was under the impression from one of your previous posts that Christians only fought spiritual battles. Why then would they need to be excused from murder- excuse me- 'killing' in a righteous war, if they are only fighting spiritually?

I'll say this again. There is no evidence, modern or historical, to support the statement that homosexuality will destroy a society. The only way this will destroy society is if the conservative Christians continue to split countries politics over this meaningless issue. The same goes for a civil war. Homosexuality alone will not cause a civil war, the people who try to suppress the rights of gays will. It was the same thing with slavery. Neither slavery itself, nor the black population caused the Civil War. It was the people who argued, correctly in that situation, to free the blacks from slavery that caused the war. Now we are faced with the opposite situation. We are looking at the people doing the suppressing causing the divide, not the people advocating gay rights.

Loving is that simple. The best part about love is that it can encompass and forgive anything. But at the same time you can't say you love unconditionally (do math for the purposes of our example here) and leave a group of people out. That would be like saying I'm going to acknowledge every number except those that are negative multiples of 12. It doesn't make any sense and you couldn't do math if you said that. It's the same thing for love. You can't love unconditionally if you exclude a group of people based on one characteristic or another.

One can love everything. In fact it is necessary to love everything. God is everything, everything at one point or another came from God, or Ilu in my case. Everything including evil originated from God. It may not have started evil when he created it, but that doesn't mean he just gives up on it when it goes bad. He keeps working to save whoever it is that turned evil. If Hitler, yes I'm going to say this, If Hitler were to go to God and sincerely ask for forgiveness, God would grant it. Then, Hitler could turn around and kill another three people for whatever reason and go back and sincerely once more ask for forgiveness and god would grant it. God is blind when it comes to forgiveness as long as you are sincere. That is the only reason my example would not work in execution because you could never be sincere if you were planning to go kill someone afterwards. But since gay Christians are just as sincere as you are when they are praying God listens and God forgives.

You said yourself that most people do not see the question. If what you say now is true that means that everyone who is gay said at some point, 'I'm going to choose to become hated by the largest religion in the world.' What would be the point? As I said earlier, they might as well become a lawyer. They would still be hated, but at least they'd be rich. Also this last part doesn't make sense. You can't say that those who don't choose, chose to be straight. That's like saying, 'Do you choose to where blue? Or do you want pink?' and then while they're thinking about it you put the blue sweater over their head. If it's a choice, then people would have to make the choice consciously or not at all. And if they didn't choose at all, they wouldn't be attracted to anyone. If homosexuality were an anomaly it would have disappeared along with the civilizations that originally practiced it. But it didn't. It keeps coming back throughout history, and it wasn't until Christianity that everyone started to get up in arms about it.

This last part. Yes this last part is a tricky one isn't it. Because I believe from what I have been told by homosexuals I trust, that it is not just some decision we make in our lifetime. You either are or you aren't or your bi. You don't suddenly change from one to the other because you want to. That's called lying to yourself. You can live most of your life thinking your one of them, and then one day you could learn that you weren't quite who you thought you were. That's the beauty of being human, there's always something else to learn about yourself. Now I know you won't like this explanation because there's not really any solid proof here that I'm basing it on, and how do I know they were telling me the truth right? Well let me just take a leaf from your book here. I'm taking their word on the faith that they wouldn't lie to me.

Now Navin, first of all your analogy between people and animals is a bit off. Animals do eat other animals, but when a cow eats another cow, problems happen. aka Mad Cow Disease. It's just unhealthy to eat another creature of the same species and it generally causes more problems and disease. Also the argument about nature is not an empty one. In nature, no other animal except humans kills each other over resources. They protect their territory to be sure, but such struggles rarely result in the death of either animal. I accept that there are animals in nature that will kill for the sake of killing. However, most of the time they are killing another species of animal. The only thing that currently separates humanity from the so-called beasts is our desire and apparent passion for destroying members of our own species. I'd also like to take this time to remind everyone that since no one knows what God really looks like, we can't make assumptions about ourselves. Until we die we won't know how close to god's image we really are, nor what that image actually is.

I just want to throw this last thing out here because it's been irking me for a while. Though I think that everything that's been said on this thread needs to be said and discussed at length, this whole discussion is essentially saying, 'I'm better than you because my god says you sleep with the wrong person.' It's the exact same as a kid saying, 'You can't come into my tree house because you hang out with the wrong people.'

64yrs • M •
I'm not a Christian so I can't talk - but I will.

Because of all the gay bashing, If I was a Christian and I was gay I would stop being Christian, however, that is more difficult to do than to say. You just can't stop believing something that you believe and you can't just stop being gay if you are gay.

The bible does say bad things about gay people, but it does not specifically say that being gay is a sin. In orther words, it says a lot of bad things about rich people, but it doesn't necessarily say it is a sin to be rich. I think what the bible teaches, like all religions, we should not be material, but spiritual, and to be spiritual, you have to give up a little bit of material, whether that be sex, money or food, or even a position of power.

35yrs • F •
Silverspring is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
And here I was, just beginning to think that people were actually beginning to accept people for who they were, not what they were. *sigh* I guess that just proves how sheltered I am.

One thing to take into consideration is that the bible was not written by God, nor was it written by Jesus. It was written by men, and inspired by God. Humans aren't perfect. The bible probably isn't either. After all, creations hold quite a bit of the creator in them.

Both my older sister and good friend are gay. My sister got a lot of flak for it in High School. But I'll stop here, before I say anything I regret. I, also, try to keep from insulting people over the internet, Ethereal. It doesn't appear that anything I am able to say would make a difference anyway.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well being as it just took me half and hour to catch up on this thread...lol, i only have a few things to say about it.

I'm not fully educated on the current belief around how homosexuality is transmitted, or genetically inferred. But i do believe it is in some cases genetic. However, in many cases it is not it springs from two factors.

1.) Many people do not belong in an particular social group, as anyone from highschool can tell you, so since they are outcasts anyway and have a strong desire to be different they become gay just to show how different they are.

2.) I know a girl named ashley, she is 16 years old and was boy crazy, now ,though she wont admit it, she pretends to be bisexual just to get more attention from guys.

Now i am not trying to say gay is a social group, i do believe it can be genetic in some cases, but this wave of it that seems to be going around is also made up of a Fad.

"What is true power?"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Love looks at everything. That is what is meant by unconditional love

But love does not accept everything.

quote:
You have to accept that there is evil in the world

But that is different from accepting evil. If you have to accept everything then you must accept my views. And the views of Hitler, Hussein or Bush.

quote:
but could you please tell me what rights they are taking away?

Homosexuals won the rights to marry legally in Canada but that wasn't enough for them. They insist on being allowed to marry in the church. If they are allowed then churches will be forced to abandon their beliefs in favour of homosexuality.
The so called right to marry in Christian churches is just plain stupid. It is about as ridiculous for me as a Christian to get married to another Christian at a Mosque. In other cases the use of Bible verses that do not support homosexuals has cost one Canadian man $4500 in legal claims. Meanwhile nobody does anything about polygamy amongst Mormons.

quote:
You sound disturbingly like a white supremacist my friend.

Your attempts to insult me by comparison will not work. But I will note that you were offended by my "slanderous" use of the word propaganda.

quote:
Discrimination is not the recognition of differences

quote:
dis•crim•i•na•tion
n.
1. The act of discriminating.
2. The ability or power to see or make fine distinctions; discernment.
3. Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice: racial discrimination; discrimination against foreigners.

quote:
Unconditional repetitive forgiveness.

Yes and you would suppose we show our gratitude by spitting in God's face and sinning for sin sake just because it will be forgiven. God only forgives sins that we repent of.

quote:
As to the righteous wars, I was under the impression from one of your previous posts that Christians only fought spiritual battles. Why then would they need to be excused from murder- excuse me- 'killing' in a righteous war, if they are only fighting spiritually?

During the ancient times wars were common and some where designated by God. Now though the distinction remains because it is not a sin to participate in war if it is righteous. I'm not talking about "holy wars" righteous war would be the counterstrike to Hitler's Nazis.

quote:
The same goes for a civil war. Homosexuality alone will not cause a civil war

Indeed they won't but they will be a large part of it. By civil war I mean the internal chaos that will be caused by everybody's right to do anything they want. Homosexuality will open doors and if not stopped will lead to a complete breakdown of sexual laws. No longer will rape be a crime, a 50 year old man will marry a 10 year old girl and all with be done "in the name of God". This result of this is complete social breakdown and the wars will go on between each person.

quote:
But at the same time you can't say you love unconditionally (do math for the purposes of our example here) and leave a group of people out.

But I am not leaving any groups out. I just do not use your definition of love. In fact by you're own definition unconditional love is impossible because it must love unconditional hate.

quote:
One can love everything

Impossible. See above

quote:
. That's like saying, 'Do you choose to where blue? Or do you want pink?' and then while they're thinking about it you put the blue sweater over their head.

It is more like driving down a road and seeing a turn off. If you take it you must take a different action. But if you do not change your actions you will continue going.

quote:
this whole discussion is essentially saying, 'I'm better than you because my god says you sleep with the wrong person

No. That's what you are saying that I am saying. My God says that all are sinners. I have been cleansed from that (as have many others)but this does not make me better.

quote:
And here I was, just beginning to think that people were actually beginning to accept people for who they were, not what they were. *sigh* I guess that just proves how sheltered I am.

What you are is part of who you are. What you do however is seperate from those things. Because the things you do are what people see andmay not be an accurate view but it is the best that most people will ever get.

[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
It is difficult to treat anyone as an equal when you believe you are destined for eternal heaven and they are destined for eternal hell.

I would hope someday you will question the logic of your own beliefs.

39yrs • M •
quote:
It is difficult to treat anyone as an equal when you believe you are destined for eternal heaven and they are destined for eternal hell.

Not really. Because at one point we were all destined for Hell so it is relatable. I suggest it would be harder to treat a janitor as an equal with a movie star. And yet they are both equal.

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 6
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy