Life isn't one thing after another. It's one goddamn thing over, and over, and over, and over... - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

All Religions are paths to god - Page 7

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[quote] the actual definition of religion is a person's beliefs.

thats not what is being drilled into you at sunday church, god is great blablablbabla, its not about our pesonal belif its whic one we belong to, in such case i could be killed for by terrorists.

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All religions are NOT created equally.

Look and see who founded them. If men were the founders, then they are fallible and erred.

IF all religions were equal then what would the purpose be to having religion??

And furthermore, God made a formula to follow.

He created the world, made the 1st couple. They sinned, he threw them out, gave the geneology to Moses, and the history that transpired at the beginning {WHO wrote them down}... kept the line of men intact until Jesus ...Whom is God Incarnate.
He came to earth, He died, He ascended and left ONE religion with His Apostles to have jurisdiction over.

Within the writings He also described that which displeased Him...for one, atheism, for another paganism, and hence forth.
He destroyed cities and towns and led war or had favor during war when mankind were disobedient.

He has promised that the end times would show signs...read Matthew 24.

In fact, the times are very grave now, faith is at an all time low, and ppl say all religions are equal.

AND there ya have it.... a mixed up society who does as they please and exonerate themselves with free thinking pride...only to be sorry later.

Sorry, try as I might I cannot mince words.

You guys are all so young. Time perhaps if you have it, since no one knows the time they have left on earth each day... but perhaps time will open you to understanding.

Peace!

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 39yrs • M •
u say not all religions are equall, but the problem is very one finds thirs better. Even i find my pagan life and works better then... say christianity i belive in god but not the one u believ in, i find mine superior, although i no its wrong and thats wat casues our problems today

44yrs • M •
Vannocker79 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think all religions do have one thing incommon; the belief of an answer which will introduce a better way to live and will give reason why to believe it. But lets say regardless of any religion...religion is A belief; belief is a thought that has come across your mind. "Why?" Anything that crosses your mind gets added to your life and in your life you have 'beliefs'. So as far as you can remember is as far as you limiting yourself. That which you know is that which you believe..as far as I know..no one can take up my space and time =individuality you add genes to it and it mixes things up even more(melting-pot). No one is right and no one can be wrong only perhaps sometimes in 'generalizations'. Unless we can read everyones thought and feel what they have felt when those thoughts of those moments came across their minds. Perhaps that's why we really shoiuldn't judge someone by their ignorance or stupidity or religion/beliefs but love thy brother like you love yourself. Sorry for the rant

"We live we die and death not ends it; journey we mourn into the nightmare, clinging to cunts and cocks of dispair (Jm)"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It may seem to be off topic but then again
I have been putting together a portfolio of photos, I found that I really had not many good photos in it so I have started to do more work. That I find most everyone seem to like this one photo best which I find very irratating. When they are looking through the they always comment, 'Oh how beautiful' and state 'what a good photo'.
I think I should move it to the back of the book toward the end of the photos? Technically it is a good shot but probably their are some better? But it is a facade, the shot is from an orchid show. Filled with bright colourful flowers arranged to form a garden scene with columns & gated fence and a back drop of painted archway & gayly clad people dancing.
Quite a contrast to the natural photos of the real world {at least for the time being} of flora & fauna.
So yes it is beatiful but is it as beatiful as a hundred year old oak crowned with moss & leachen? The facade was set up indoors or I would never have been able to do the shot. It almost looks real but for the recess lighting fixture in the ceiling overhead. I had become obcessed with getting a better photos that would compare to the one but in putting things into perspective I realized that I already had better shots, they just were not as colourfully staged.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 39yrs • M •
was that metaphorical???????????

72yrs • M •
well, I could see a metaphor in it even if I didn't relate it as such. Sorry I guess it got lost in the translation.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The artificial truth looks better than the real truth.

Timmo - I don't believe it is wrong for you to believe that your God is better than our God. I think they are all the same God, we just all see this God differently.

Most people believe that God is a male figure, and when I pray to God , I say, "My Father Who Art In Heaven" Because that is what I have grown up with.

Some people say God is a woman - I've tried it, I've prayed "Mom who is in heaven" it just doesn't feel right.

But I know that God is niether man or a woman, my father or mother, these are only discriptive terms that discribe how God makes us feel.

I don't know what God is, whatever you feel comfortable with and helps you believe is fine. In the end, all of us who believe in God will be together and we will then know what our God is.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
The artificial truth looks better than the real truth.

Ya if that was directed my way then I failed to communicate effectively.
The photo was the winning entry to an orchid show.
Orchids being inherent to tropical climates tend to require a specific environmental factors whle sayan iris tends to grow wild in the yard with little or no attention.
Looking at the OT, one could relate its teachings as providing an specific environment to produce a specific flower while other theologies blossomed in the wild so to speak.

All Religions are paths to god - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy