Forgivness is a gift to yourself and not to others. When you hold pain and hatred for others, you suffer the most. - Benjamin Gill
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

All Religions are paths to god - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
While there may be no commonly agreed upon definition of God, I would say that whatever path you follow, you follow to find a definition that works for you. Whether it's through experience or insight, religions strive to provide a way to discover what god, whether that be an actual spiritual deity or an ideal, means to the individual. Just because we can't all agree on a single definition doesn't mean that everyone's god is the same. It just means that they are all unique.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are not adressing my points... if the goal of God is the same why isnt God the same? alls your doing is pointing out what religion is not God.
All rfeligions goals are the same, to untie the mind with the body so that we may live peacefully and in humility, refute this idea and i can accept that all Gods are not the same but without attempting to dispute the idea behing God itself you are wasting time.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 37yrs • M •
First of all I hardly think the goal of Satanism is to live peacefully and in humility, though I'm not a satanist so I could be wrong. Also some forms of spirit worship are more concerned with self sacrifice and pain in order to apease the spirits rather than living in a peacefull fasion. There are many forms of worship that are performed solely for appeasement of the target so that the worshipers can continue to live in a normal fasion. Thus there are as many goals as there are religions, whether it's to live peacefully, live indulgently, simply live, or whatever else people come up with.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 37yrs • M •
i already sorted the religions that are obviousley not in good taste...like ones which idolize satan. once again tho you are citing the differences in religion. i still ask you to tell me the differences in Gods

37yrs • M •
The differences between gods is simply the differences between people. Since everyone has their own version of god, whether that be an actual being or an ideal, the differences between them are as varied as the differences between people.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would say that all religions lead toward the highest set of ideals that belongs to the it's followers. Happiness and courage and freedom isnt everyone's cup of tea. But its funny. Those who are involved in negative thought based religions (no finger pointing i know nothing about any) still seek the same type of emotions as all others. Acceptance, triumph in an argument or idea, fellowship with others who share common beliefs etc. It's all relative, what i mean is that all people do enjoy happiness or stimulation of that sort, it's just that every person is different and has a different idea of how they're going to make themselves feel that way and a different idea of what exactly that way is. S and M (saddomassochism) is great example. Whips and chains and being gagged and humiliated and pulled around like a dog on a collar. Some people think that this is absolutely insane. Others only have sex for creation purposes, some (myself included) think this is insane. I'm not sure how right on this is but i heard something about a certain religion that either used to or still does use a sheet during intercourse. They cut a hole in it or something then place it between them so that they can't see each other, i'm not really sure about any of it. But the point stands, people seek the same thing in different ways with different ideas, but in the end well i've drawn a blank.. get it

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 37yrs • M •
you cant say that regardless of religion its all relative. some religions glorify death, and crime while others glorify peace and life.
isolimir i think you arent seeing what i am trying to say
God is life, the faith that we exist, the idea of goodiwll, the principle of action/reaction. things that are not subject to interpretation. God is life and all people regardless of there religious stance believe in the same God. life, you cant argue that we are here.
i dont mean all religion's diety's or all of religions beliefs are the same and in fact they are not we both know that.
im just stating that i believe God is not limited to definintion because of the poeple who follow him or because of the poepl who interpret his word. God, to me, is not something or someone. he is an idea, faith, and existance. does that make any sense of where im coming from when i say all Gods are the same?

37yrs • M •
That makes perfect sense. However, I still think that God is what you make of it. So if that's what you make of it, that's great. But he can be the opposites of life and so forth too, if thats what you believe.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So this means that "Jesus" is NOT the answer (as in only way to god) he

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • M •
so i will agree to disagree because we view God in different terms.
you believe he is what the individual makes him(i hope that is accurate)
i believe God's purpose is not subject to the limits of our minds.
essentially we could never come to terms on the fact that all Gods are the same. would you agree that peoples needs for a God are the same?
im not sure how i answer that, i kinda just threw it out there without thought. ill prolly read what you wrote and because of my undying need not feel conformed i will prolly argue. haha or just agree if it makes sense.

38yrs • M •
Well don't stress, yes i believe that all peoples need for a God is the same. It's a need for something that na,y ( i said nay) someone who has felt the same as they have usually more in depth. It makes sense though, to me at least, i like it when i talk to people that feel the same about "things" as i. If there is someone that humans have worshipped as an actual God that held their beliefs, well my friends that makes it very very easy to go with. Life. love it, why not?

37yrs • M •
Yeah I would have to agree that the need for a god is the same for everyone. Funny though, this thread makes a whole lot more sense to me at eight in the morning than it did at midnight last night.

37yrs • M •
clearity of the mind always intrigues me too. somedays im end over end in my own thoughts and can hardly even see the dots to connect. other days im hitting on all cylinders, sorting out my thoughts like i was a fuckin secretary.
i wish i had the motivation to educate myself on the things that affect the mind but im to suffer from this disease i call laziness.

38yrs • M •
HAHAHA well i must say this is hilarious. I wrote that last post drunk last night at 1230. Off the topic though ive noticed that sometimes when im drunk or high or whatever my mind becomes extremely clear and sometimes thinking becomes very easy. i wonder if this is just a perception that i have because of my state, or it could be that it slows my thoughts so that my mind isnt racing as wildly as usual making it easy to focus hard on one thing.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the differences between Gods of diffferent religions only arise when u think of God as some seperate entity up there with human like chacteristics jugding us all. However, if u realize that God is the eternal conciousness, which we can become part of through spirtuality, then you learn to look beyond rituals and religons themselves.

Please tell me, why do you think there are differences between Gods? most differences are simply a result of the different paths religons have.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
All Religions are paths to god - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy