The colors we see when our eyes are closed and when we sleep are colors we will never see on Earth... - EternaLDarK
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

second coming - Page 3

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm has it.

Scroll all the way to the bottom on the left side of the screen, and it's under religions, under Ragnarok.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the site seems to take very childish to literacy?
i dont know it didnt really make an attempt analyze words, simply put them in a way that would fit in a childrens horror book.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 37yrs • M •
True it's not the best site out there. Try searching for Snorri Sturluson, The Prose Edda, or The Poetic Edda.

I'd post the excerpt from my myth textbook, but it's a bit on the long side for a post.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 37yrs • M •
no worries, i shouldnt be so dam lazy and research it for myself, except im so dam lazy.
haha
why do you take to faith in this particular one?

37yrs • M •
In tolkienism?

Well it could be that I'm too much of a fan for my own good....

But actually it's because it seems to me to make the most sense. I guess it's probably the same as with most people and their chosen faith. You find a faith, path, lifestyle, whatever, and you just fall in love with it. This one works for me and some of my friends, others of my friends follow other paths. It's really up to you I guess.

P.S. As an interesting bonus it provides great conversation material in class.

37yrs • M •
Another interesting thing to consider when it comes to the end of days, is the Mayans. While they don't have a specific scenario for the armagedon they do have this nifty calender. The Mayan calander has successfully predicted solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, earthquakes, volcanoes, and other such natural disasters. According to this calander the world is scheduled to end on December 21st, 2012 sometime in the morning. Due to the manner in which the Mayan were conquered, there is nothing left that tells us what is supposed to happen, we only know that that's when it's all supposed to go down.

And just to give you something to think about.... the mayan calander's greatest margin of error to date is a half hour.

37yrs • M •
im going to check this out as we speak, unlike anthony carr (asshole) predictions that are made throughout history captivate the hell out of me.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^Hey navin sorry i couldn't get back to you earlier but i'm a very occupied person, trying to get certain stuff ready for the return of the king....H.I.M Haille Selassie I..King of kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering lion of the tribe of Judah...............

Your belief on judgement day is more or less fictional...(don't mean to offend in anyway but this is reality).......The almighty is a creator of subtlety.......everything that happens on the plane of spirituality is the captivation of the mind...of thoughts....of visions...of dreams.....therefore you read the bible and see the visions of a prophet and take it as reality.....

when you dream a dream of you being neo in the 21st century, do you take it as literal?? or do you seek to understand the meaning of it? or do you just not worry about it and say "it was just a dream!"

In any case, the bible gives you the point of view of a prophet who was having a vision, visions are gateways to reality through their subtle meanings.....when the almighty does half of these wonders and miracles it is moreless spiritual than literal......so to believe that a man will come down flying from the sky is a thing of fairy tales....(A foolish dog barks at a flying bird)............Reality is when a king comes to show his face, he comes through the medium of a human.....when Jesus came to earth he came through the medium of a human.....now in the past one hundred years a king came to us...in the most subtle form... search history for who that is...then compare notes again

"Being is not knowing!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tend to agree with those whom say man will be the initiating [offending party] look at those geniuses/ idiots. Suppose that huge rock floating in space has a core material of volatile nature so they come along with their defense missiles test & the next thing you knows gaseous cloud forms between the earth -- moon & the sun -- earth orbit & [ the light of the sun is obscured , not reflected by the moon then spreading till the sun itself is obscured? Ya, we aren't that stupid, are we?
quote:
Common Sense
Would not it be good to have water jugs that would come sealed with pure water & could be frozen into blocks {keeping the seal intact} for emergency ice/water usage?
Which is to say that what we do, does have consequence on existence of life.
Do we not choose to live as such?
Does societies in which we exist create us?
[the nature of our being -- or the spiritual nature of our being]
Do we have a irresponsibility for our actions?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^I like that....

"Being is not knowing!"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I find myself being rather interested in the biblical version of what will happen, especially right before JD. The bible says that when the anti-christ arises many people will flock to him. That leads to an interesting question of how will we know it is him, if so many people our fooled, how do we know we will not be?

Islam

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Goodness we could go thru the entire Matthew 23, 24, and some Revelation.

Here is the thing...
The world has been in chaos this entire century.

The warnings are getting more defined. More natural disasters...more diseases, pestulence, wars, and holy wars {Jihad}

Basically, we are the product of our societies. The world....to be exacting.

The world according the Bible, is the place of sin.

Well, according to Revelation and apparitions, 2/3's of the world are gonna be in a WIPE OUT!!

That means the ones who wish they were dead..envy the dead in fact will have to rebuild the earth.
Jesus will reign, and wars will be unheard of for quite a new number of years until ppl again forget the gr8 destruction, and again will wander away to pagansims, and false gods. Only to eventually end the enire world system.

As a Catholic, I dont live for the end times, but for the days...each day.

I suggest those who mock heroism in armaghedon are truly short sighted exactly what fighting God is all about.

The reward is being chained eternally in a painful fire. But with all of eternity, you will have alot of time to think about what I said.

Best suggestion...remove your pride, give in humbly to the grace of the Lord, and live for Him.

Otherwise...reflect on what I said later. Much later.

Peace

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Golly I must have gotten it all wrong? The angels release pluages & such upon the earth, bring ruin upon man waywardness which has increased to the point as inhibit life as we know it? Of course, man's warring & guttony are majorr contributing factors to this end!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that godisnotanidea is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My Idea of Judgement day is like the Left Behind series, except not novelized with heroes and stuff, you know? There's not going to be all heroes who are mysteriously interlinked, just normal people in large amounts working together on the Christian side, except for where the Bible says there will be a great leader, like the two witnesses. People think that series is just fiction, but the authors actually put tons of biblical research into the series, and there's a lot of Bible references in it.

"Truth is not relative. It is unchanging and eternal"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is JD supposed to be an instantaneous thing compared to a slow event? Like, instead of a ten second annihalation, we have a century-long decay of human population through civil wars, widespread disease, prejudice, and all other evils?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
second coming - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy