Insanity: Doing something over and over and over, expecting a different result - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

second coming - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Obviously the only JD i am familiar with is the christian religion version, but i would love to hear the other versions.

is it sadistic that i like to hear about the end of the world?

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
haha i said the same thing in the "natural disasters occur more frequently"
its comforting to think that maybe Jesus will split the sky and shun the evil and we will live in harmony under his rule.
dude i mean think of if Jesus came back... fuckin awesome
i dont know if that was a sin but hey he knows i love him

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 35yrs • M •
Un_Silenced is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Monotheistic religions are the only ones dogmatic enough to believe in a "judgement day" anyway.

"Fuck your authority"
 37yrs • M •
so your saying that you cant believe in something you have never seen, or experienced yourself. you need proof beyond a reasonable doubt produced by your own experience of something to believe in it?
trillions of people over 2000 years who claim to have written proof of something unseen is not real because you have not seen it yourself?
something more than essential to everyones life?
it is claimed to be the truth by professionals who have studied there whole lives in one area?
my point isnt to show that the bible is the word of god, but to show that air isnt the word of scientists.
you have enoguh conviction to say that religion is dogmatic, but you rely on things and call them truth when you have no proof yourself of there existance.
i dont deny you the right to denounce religion, or monotheistic ones at least. it is just weird that you would cite proof as your factor when you do not have proof of all the things you believe in.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK timeout for a sec...

I don't see anything in Un_Silenced's post about proof. He merely stated that he thinks monotheistic religions view judgement day to literally. The dogma of the monotheistic religions of the world portray a very rigid view of the end of days. This will happen then this will happen and so on and so forth. All religions have this, but some have a more fluid view than others. I don't see anything in his post about not believing in something until he's seen it. I think all the high and mighty questions are a bit uncalled for. Also he wasn't denouncing all monotheistic religion, just judgment day.

As to the whole proof thing....

So I can't see it right? Air is invisible right? Well guess what... the proof it exists is that you breath it. Sure it doesn't explain why it exists but it certainly proves that it exists. Same for gravity. They are all just meaningless titles humans have put on concepts anyway so why does it matter?

As for myself, I don't believe in the christian judgement day. My version, which I outlined earlier on this thread, somewhat resembles the old Norse, but I have my own modifications that I made based on what I believe.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 37yrs • M •
isloimir maybe you should look up dogmatic
i wil lsave you the time
dogmatic : characterized by an authoritive,arrogant assertion of unproved principles.

So yes he does use proof and yes i do believe in air but its just hypocritical that he can use "proof" as the reason something does not exist when he believes in things he does not have proof of himself.

37yrs • M •
ragardless of this, the thread was created with the bibles version in mind, however i would love to knwo of others liek i said earlier.

37yrs • M •
I apologize. I was interpreting dogmatic as meaning the laws of the religion. Sorry if that wasn't how you interpreted the post.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Judgement Day doesn't exist.....lol......hahaha....judgement Day is a period of time.....which is the time that we're living in now........everyday that you live a judgement takes place...it's your thing on how severe that judgement is going to be..... as for the events that are supposed to be taking place?....It's happening right now.....look at the united states, middle east, china, Africa, Europe......shit just look at current events...then read revelation, and compare notes......Frankly i'm quite happy it's here, It gives me something to look forward to in the near future.....no matter how far that future may be...

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
shat i dont know i just went to the dictionary on it. he may have meant that but either way on your view of judgement day...
was it yours that cited the moon and sun dissapearing? im too lazy to type these 45 words again to go back a page.

37yrs • M •
730 i agree on everyting besides your idea of it not existing.
i do believe Jesus wil pslit the skies, and in our generation.
it is said in scriptures that all the events will take place amongst one generation
i realize there are many interpretation to the def. of generations but i will keep my faith that it conveys our generation as we know it.

37yrs • M •
yes that one would be mine.

37yrs • M •
mind giving me more... where it came from, maybe cite some quotes.
i have never heard of any other judgement day besides that of the bibles.

37yrs • M •
It originates in the norse myth of Ragnarok, but the actual legend I outlined is from tolkienism. I'll do my best to go into detail, but I don't have any of my materials with me at the moment so I can't quote directly.

It is said at the end of time, that the Black Terror will trick the moon into venturing outside the circles of the world. The moon's light will not be strong enough to guide him through the void and he will lose his way. At the time he leaves the world the Black Terror will sneak back through the Gates of Night and re-enter the world. He will once again raise his fortress in the north and unleash his terrors on the race of men. Then he will attack the sun and cast her into the depths of the Shadowy Seas that lie between this world and the uttermost West. At this, the Gods of the West will return to the world and bring with them the three houses of immortal children and the heroes of old to once again do battle with the North.

It is said that those of mortal men who remember the old days will take up their swords once more under the banner of the west, while the rest will be lured to the black banner. In the ensuing battle, the hero Turin Turambar will take up his sword, Mormegil, and slay the Black Terror, avenging the curse that was placed on his family in ages past. This last and greatest battle will break the world and leave it unfit for habitation by living creatures.

In the aftermath, the Gods of the West will gather all who yet live and return to the uttermost West. From there, men will be sent on the Ship of Night to fulfill their unknown destinies, while the Gods and the immortal children will return to the halls of the Lord of All, to resume their rightfull places in his presence.

That's pretty much all of it. There are some more specifics about the battle and what happens during it, but without my sources I know I'd screw up those details.

37yrs • M •
where can i get infro on ragnarok?
i google it and it comes up a bunch of anime crap.

second coming - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy