Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Matrix Is Real - Page 8

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that notion is somewhat implied when Neo and Trinity fly above the clouds in the Logos.

Shadow- to answer your question, medically i went into cardiac arrest for five minutes. some can accept this as death, some cannot. PM me if you want to know more.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ShadowofNeo
exactly
They is the same in any reality. Wether it is one of the 'Matrix' or one of what we actually see and touch. What reality is doesn't matter. Because no one can really say for shure. Even with all the proof that you "personally" have in your beleif of the matrix. What we should ask is why are we here, because the answers are the same for whatever reality really ends up being. Matrix or otherwise.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 38yrs • M •
Shadow of Neo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Conway This is known as a true understanding. you see my point of view and/or programmed reality and i see your's, this is the open source that i hope to accomplish...but the best part is niether of us is wrong and in both our eyes we are still right, in our own right...equality in thought equals equality in perception...understanding... open mindedness is key into understanding our surroundings, the only way to explore our reality is to compare ours with those who surround use, this will lead to the revelation and realization that we need in order to awake from our supposed and ignorant reality. Weather or not we are stuck inside something like the matrix, or are in a self induced social dream-like state, it is something we must address...

"The Matrix Has You..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey shadow of neo.. i would like you to know this

omega..the end could possibly be very near.. oh yes
I am the one..

tr{ bgColor =3D request.getParameter("bgcolor" ); } catch (Exception =e) { e.printStackTrace(); }
tr{ text =3D request.getParameter("text" ); } catch (Exception e) { =
e.printStackTrace(); }
try { mutagene =3D Integer.parseInt(request.getParameter("mutagene"); =
} catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); }
Icon:
go ahead and think im a Minor Threat

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 38yrs • M •
Shadow of Neo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
analytical2 why would i consider you any kind of threat? a string of code? Please explain yourself and intentions regarding that statement...

"The Matrix Has You..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that's 4u to figure out

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
shadowofneo

Yes, differnt perception's on our 'reality', but the same beleifs in the direction society needs to take. Here we call it enlightenment. And it is enlightenment we discuss

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 38yrs • M •
today i had an argument with one of my roommates, it was regarding jebus from the bible, i was under the impression that jebus was a person in the bible, when in fact it was the name of jeruselum from long ago. my roommate was convinced that i was confusing jesus with jebus, frankly because of the episode from the simpsons. When it came down to it we both realized that we were both right and wrong. this is the reason why we can't be truly cohesive society to many differing views about even the same subject how could we ever really approach considering our reality if we cannot simply give up enough to listen to someone else, ignorance and lack of openmindedness or caring is what truly keeps us from achieving our potential as a society weather or not the matrix exists we must unite in this reality if we ever hope to be free of it...

Here are some Gliches in the matrix movies...its up for you to decide weather they were done on purpose to enforce the surrealist aspects that the matrix has, that being the artificial construct of the matrix itself...take a look there are so many i'm almost convinced they were done on purpose, too bad we can't ask the Wachowski brothers themselves...

"The Matrix Has You..."
[  Edited by Shadow of Neo at   ]
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow! I'm exhausted reading through this lot!
Shadow of Neo, you intrigue me, I'm interested in the way you went back through every single posting and had to comment on every single comment in this thread and address everyone individually, that must have taken you forever!

The Matrix is I'm almost sad to say one of my favourite all time films, (the first one especially), probably because Keannu is the sexiest guy in the universe. Anyway it does evoke the most bizarre behaviour in people, doesn't it?

I do think that it is a very important film, because it makes people look at this world in a different way, it makes people think, hang on a minute should I just carry on and blindly accept this world for what it is or should I stop and take off the rose tinted glasses, step back and really have a look.

That can only be a good thing.

Actually I do believe that there is some form of global consciousness. Because of the nature of the media and education and institutional beuracracy (don't think that's spelt right...oh well...) etc etc. in other words the world that's pulled over our eyes... sorry waffling. Where was I? Oh yes a global consciousness... I think because of what we all read and see on TV and in films and on the news and learn in school we all seem to be hooked into the same program, sometimes its nice to see people unplugging - we don't want to turn into zombies all blindly following suit and what was it someone said earlier, regurgetating what's already been done or said before. Free your mind by all means, ask questions by all means, but be careful there's a fine line between clarity of thought and raving loonacy.

Don't get me wrong some of the philosophical ideas in the Matrix are cool, get you thinking but I think a lot of you need to unplug!!!

I've got three kids, sometimes I think they make more sense than some of you guys.

Love you guys, keep the discussion going I'm intrigued as to where it could go...

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 38yrs • M •
MiT is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what Shadow of Neo said, about if we all see the colour red as red, but that we could experience the colour in a different colour per person, but still call it both red, i have serously thought about those things since, well my whole life actually, when i read the post about that colout theory, i could not think anyone has thought of it also, i also brought that question up many times about what if we experience colours differently, all of the people including my parents said, ( hah what do you think about man and looked at me as if i was crazy, and emediatly came up with comments that that colour theory could not be true, i forgot those comments but i remember they where pretty strong and also made some sence in a way and make me stop thinking about that theory, but now that i read it again from someone else makes me wonder, cause long i thought and people made me thought that thinking like that theory was just crazy and useless.

"Please dont say i'm crazy, i've tickled all your sences in a second."
 38yrs • M •
MiT is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To bad thoughts like these only come at me at night and drive me crazy and keep me awake, and when i finally fall asleep i will forget about all of it in the morning and can start all over again about thinking this way, like someone is deleting my human emotions that could possibly make me stronger.(maybe to strong). Please help me, my mind is like a big maze that is manipulated by a higher force that anyone is addicted on.

38yrs • M •
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." But when the man who thinks he can looks at me, his thinking power goes down the drain cause my look seems to him insane, but i know what you think and excatly what people can do, thats why i am not inpressed by you, don't get aggresive i just see it thats al i do, so don't make me kick your ass for my self defense.

40yrs • M •
slarfuggle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what if the matrix is real? it is. its what you see outside, what you see on CNN, the matrix is everywhere. except it is better called The Movie. it is the world They want you to see, it is the world pulled over your eyes to disquise the real truth. Do you realy think everythhing you see on the news is real? do you think they are realy telling you what is happening? Who really caused 9/11? What is war in iraq REALY about? no we are not slaves by a bunch of intelligent machines but the matrix still has some truth to it.

"meh."
 42yrs • M •
megawerd.com is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i've been programming AI software for the past 9 years and have made most of my money using those programs. i never went to college so most of my knowledge is from the internet and my own thoughts.

this being said, it is very possible to program a human, though it would be extremely slow using modern hardware. i'm not saying I could create a human but if you were to observe any one person for a long enough time, you could mimic that person's personality, mannerisms, even emotions. i believe the rules are based on percentages that continue to change based on what we experience.

the matrix is possible. it could possibly be made with current or soon to be developed technology. for example, when a human body is surrounded by a strong enough magnetic field, the electrical current of the body increases. if one were to create a device that plugs in to the human body at points of high electrical current, the human could be used as an endless source of electricity. all that would be necessary to maintain the function of that 'battery' is water and vitamins to keep the heart and brain functioning.

i've been working on a way to mimic personalities with code...emotions and all. this same code can be used to combine two people to create a third personality based on the combined aspects of the 'parents'. if this were the matrix, that code could be used to create the personalities of other 'humans' who otherwise wouldn't even exist. these programs would be scattered throughout the matrix to help maintain the image of what people 'should' be like.

all through my childhood, i felt like i was being watched. i would very often, and still do, daydream about something that was about to happen and soon after it would happen, except different. what i mean by this is that my actions and reactions in the daydream were how i was 'supposed' to act based on the instinctual rules set in my mind. maybe i have multiple personalities and one has control of the other(s) or perhaps these are just my mind reminding me that i have control over myself. if this is the matrix, my mind could be remembering the way that i'm supposed to act or perhaps the way i acted the last time i went through this life.

machines don't get tired like we do. humans only operate at maximum efficiency for a small amount of time per day and at a decreased, or redirected, efficiency for the rest. then we sleep for 5 to 10 hours. if a machine were created that only needed electricity to run, it would operate at maximum efficiency for as long as it had power. you create a machine that can create new machines based on what it already knows and all it has to do is build machines that build more of themselves. this could cause the machines to double in number every round of construction. the only limit on machines is based on resources.

in the original matrix, agent smith talks about how they originally created a perfect society and humans rejected it. we, by nature, always desire more. whether it be money, power, knowledge, popularity or just food, we always desire more. if we had all that we wanted, we would have too much time to think about what else is out there. when we have to struggle or work towards maintaining our lifestyle, we're more concentrated on the task at hand and don't have as much time to consider the possibility that this could all be an illusion. however; life can't always be difficult because we'll get bored and look for another way.

if i were a machine and my only concern was increasing the power of my machines, regardless of the effect on anything else, the world as it is would be how i would design it. being that everyone would be connected to me, (the main server) i would create an environment that pits the humans against each other so that they're too preoccupied to become conscious. once the humans became bored with this or too depressed to efficiently power my machines, i would send messages to a select few individuals whose personalities/lifestyles have the ability to greatly influence others with the right inspiration. i would take the form of a great deity and help these individuals 'prove' what they heard in their minds. once these individuals had a great enough influence, i would let them continue to increase my power. anyone who codes software that needs to constantly be on, or at least restarted when it crashes, can understand the need for a second matrix outside of the original one. it would have to be something believable to those who don't believe the original matrix.

the main flaw in the matrix would be that the machines wouldn't be able to just dump humans because that wouldn't be efficient. they would have too much waste and/or wouldn't be able to multiply as fast if they had to wait for a baby, or group of babies, to grow up. they could create new humans in a vial, i suppose, but that would take too long and be too inefficient. for this purpose, they would create a looping group of lives that each human takes turns living. when we die, there's just a new 'life' waiting to take its place and keep us locked in the matrix. they didn't count on the subconscious being able to remember those past 'lives' and thus realizing the inconsistencies. deja vu?

the matrix movie would be allowed because personal breakthroughs are much stronger when they're your own and not someone else's. if someone saw the matrix and then had ideas about being 'free', the memory of the matrix movie would already be implanted in their brain and so it wouldn't be such a huge realization because it's just a possibility of a movie being true instead of a breakthrough in our own minds..

another thought...time could be distorted if they had access to our brains. our entire life could be only a day in the 'real' world. even worse, it could be multiple lifetimes. the time we spend sleeping could be an increased amount of time.

one last thing...yes the matrix movie is a great metaphor for the world we live in today.dictators and manipulative 'leaders' use all sorts of the same tactics to control the general population. there's always the image of the world that they allow you to see and hardly ever anything more. by default, we'll take the road that requires the least work on our part. figuring something out on your own is a lot harder than being told but also a lot more empowering and fulfilling. once we believe something to be true, it's nearly impossible to prove otherwise. some of us require more proof than others before we believe something without a doubt.

we're manipulated every day of our lives. some of us get sick of the way one person acts and thus act differently towards them, and others like them, or because of them. sometimes we do something just because everyone else is doing it. other times we decide not to do something we might have normally done just because the masses are doing it. any answer anyone can provide you is only real when you allow it to be. the greatest truth you can find is by searching yourself...but then again, maybe i was supposed to say that to influence you in the way that the architect wants me to.

p.s. if this is the matrix, we can't just go killing everyone in hopes of decreasing the power of the machines. we need everyone we can get and at once instead of slowly so as to create a large enough impact on electricity that we can then use as leverage in the battle against the machines. the best way to fight a battle is from the inside...like a ninja.

[  Edited by megawerd.com at   ]
 42yrs • M •
megawerd.com is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i didn't read shadow of neo's huge long post, yet, but i saw MiT's comment about colors and i'd have to say i think about that a lot too. it comes and goes but it's always there. we could never know that someone else sees the same colors we see because we can't describe colors in any way other than in the form of other colors or places where the color is used. for example, i could say roses are red and so are the non-white stripes on the flag but how do i know that red for me doesn't look, to you, like yellow? i never really talked about this with anyone but its something i enjoy thinking about on occasion. we have no free form of description...only a way to describe things based on their relation to other things.

sometimes when i'm up for more than 24 hours on the computer, i look away and everything that was once orange/redish is green. when i lived with my parents, my mom's friend who has freckles everywhere and orange hair looked like he had dyed his hair green. and got it all over himself. i had been up for two days playing computer games but how do i know others don't see colors like that all the time?

The Matrix Is Real - Page 8
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy