Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Matrix Is Real - Page 2

User Thread
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'Wow, pagans not very nice. I see he believes in nothing. I think he's the kind of person who would i say, "i dont believe in anything, theres only what i know...and what i dont know."'

Wow, I think someone doesn't like the Pagan. To bad Fundie, as usual to your kind, you assume you know everything of non-Christians.

Firstly, I was speaking to the original Author of this thread, not you. I will apologize if it seemed that way; I had only noticed that might be construed when reviewing the thread today.

Secondly, if you read that web page the kid linked to, you will see it is not couched in simile and analogy, perhaps Wyote phrased it succinctly in his post above.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Matrix is a well disguised film about eastern philosophy.

the entire theme of illusion and being confined by perceived limitations that do not actually exist. Examples are the sparring scene and the spoon bending scene

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its about eastern philosophy, its about western philosphy, its about politics, its about race, its about faith, its about logic.... its about christianity, hinduism, buddism, taoism.... la de da.

mostly its about life. everyone percieves the movie according to how they percieve their own life... it is a rather deep rabbit hole indeed.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This universe always existed and will always continue to exist. (hypothetically speaking) We exist for a brief period of 60 - 100 years in which we perform various activities. All that we do in life - work, money, pleasure, etc. - will cease to have meaning to us after we no longer exist. It may have meaning to others, but they too will cease to exist someday. If we look at things from this perspective, a lot of our ambitions, etc., seem meaningless. A natural question to ask is whether there is continuity of our existence in some form. An answer to this question gives greater meaning to life and our actions.

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 40yrs • M •
smoke76 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
this is the first speech..
it is nice to see you guys who believe or want to believe in this thing..
we will meet after a while..

"it is real.."
 35yrs • M •

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In a way this universe is like a matrix. There is an ultimate reality far greater than this. In the same way that a dream is real to us until we wake up, this universe seems real to us but the ultimate reality is far greater. This life compared to that, is but a dream.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 38yrs • M •
bigchef012000 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
so how do we get out of the matrix

"so i know that the matrix is real now how do i get out?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I once heard that there was a teenage boy in America who saw the Matrix and was convinced that everything the movie said was true. So, believing that machines were farming human bodies in order to create energy, the boy got a gun and killed his parents, saying they were "agents". See? This is what will happen if you believe anything that happens in a Keanu Reeves movie!!

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 45yrs • M •
Salingar is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Formally Salinger--

The matrix is based on the theory by Jean Baudrillard--"The Simulacra"-- the book is next to Neo's computer before those people show up saying "follow the rabbit."

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
in a sense, The matrix does seem to be "real". going about our own business feeling pain happiness anger ect.. Maybe all being controlled by some complex "being" in a more real reality than this. We're just an experiment to test potential... like in the movie the oracle points out that every time you think you see a ghost or angel its just a little bug in the system that those in control just let slip.. But that would mean that the computer or system would have to evoke emotions to what we've seen. These people or beings must be smarter than i would have imagined to make us think one thing but it actually its something completely different. just gettin my thoughts out here as they come i apologize if this is not following some kind of oder ^_^;

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M •

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sleepingwraith: i like your 'reality' and 'existence' concept, however it has been established before though. Reality exists in the mind. There is no universal reality only individual reality. I have discussed this in quite a few 'reality', 'truth', 'existence', and 'consciousness' threads before.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How do we interact with one another without a common reality?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
The Matrix Is Real - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy