Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's wrong with the world? How do we change - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, exactly my point. stay grounded. I never try saying something someone else said without giving them credit. Because theres too many people as it is, who are overly concerned by being superior. Its egotism, and it kills me. lol

anyway, your a very insightful 14 yr. old. i enjoy reading your posts much. not that being 14 is a bad thing....

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, thank you Ekimup, but being 14 isn't necessarily a good thing in the sense that as soon as a publishing company hears that you're fourteen years old they cease to reply to your letters.
Nonetheless, to continue with the subject at hand, there's something else I thought of today. Obligations. We all feel that we have to live by certain obligations, but not too many of us see them as simple responsibilities; if you do it, you're responsible, if you don't, you may or may not be. I saw a kid at Publix today. He was in a baseball uniform and he was with his dad who was holding a bag of ice to his head. The kid also had a nosebleed and his breathing stuttered as he hyperventilated. I sort of saw his father as being the military, hard ass type, and I think the kid was feeling an obligation not to cry in front of his father. Middle school is much different from elementary school, and when I first came into middle school and my new friends started telling me stories similar to that, I was shocked. I only came to the assumption a short while ago that we try to emulate our teachers, which I explained in my previous post.
I think that most obligations are brought on by a sense of need or guilt. For example, if somebody were to have a child in highschool and put it up for adoption, later on in life, they might feel an obligation to adopt a child or two, or to work with children. I know that when my parents get sick or something, I feel an obligation to do what they would be doing if they weren't sick. Clean, maybe cook, ect.
I know that there are a lot of people who stand by and go along with whatever somebody wants them to because they feel an obligation, a need to do it. So when some people feel an obligation to do something they don't really know how to do, they fuck it up. I don't mean to say anything bad about the president, but I think that sometimes, when he tries to discuss certain subjects he's not too familiar with in an attempt to live up the standards people expected from his father, he fucks up and puts his foot in his mouth.
Sometimes you can make more of a contribution by not doing something than trying to do it and fucking it up.

And by the way, Ekimup, I enjoy reading your posts as well.

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 40yrs • M •
Garagos is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
when u think about it, is the world really worse today than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago? i dont think so. humanity is still walking toward destruction as it has always been. i lost my hope some time ago

""Never trust the northern winds, never turn your back on friends.\\\""
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't check what it said, so in private, you can tell me what it said.

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 19yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fireflys is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the problems in the world are unavoidable. they are caused by human interraction with the earth and our need of greed. it cannot be avoided. make something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things."
 93yrs • M •
drmk is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
We can focus on greed, stupidity, laziness, irresponsiblity, selfishness OR we can give our attention to creativity, constructive solutions, optimistic attitudes, and a gradual evolution toward a harmonious, stable, peaceful world. One of the major things wrong with today's world is its readiness to go to war, its violence at home and abroad, its lack of civility. How do we change all this? We develop a Science of Ethics.

When an individual is seen as "unique" he is being viewed from the ethical perspective. When you understand that each person is a precious treasure of value not to be defiled in any way, but to be respected (if you can't bring yourself to love him or her) at the very least, and treated with dignity...then you are acting ethically. When you believe that every person has "a story to tell" you have entered the field of Ethics. When you practice "morality" you are being ethical.

What is Morality? It is "Self being true to self." When you are true to your own true self you are being moral. A more technical definition: Morality = Increasing correspondence with an improving Self-image.

This implies that we must all keep growing (in a spiritual sense) throughout our lives. It also implies that we must "walk the walk" and not just "talk the talk." We must avoid hypocrisy if at all possible. And we comprehend that we will get more value out of life, have a more meaningful life, if we are moral. Rather than insist we 'must' do these things, it is wiser to say: it is preferable for us to act morally.

Morality, though, is a matter of degree. Some of us are more morally developed than others. Aim high! The Dalai Lama has no monopoly on compassion. Saint Francis had no monopoly on goodness. We can all aim to love and serve others -- if we gain ethical insight.

Then, once a science of ethics that we construct, using logic and math to provide models for it, becomes respectable and established, human beings will be less likely to conduct wars and to put each other down in any way, shape, or form because they will want to be decent persons, civil to one and all, using nonviolent, nonmanipulative methods to 'fight' for what they want and what they think is well worth having. We will all know that what we have, and what we do, follows from what we are! And more of us will want to dedicate their lives, and devote themselves, to goodness.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We define our existence through suffering.We will not accept reality as real if it doesn't posses hanus aspects.

I have been pondering a theory, perhaps pondering it reluctantly,but pondering it none the less. What if we started a revolution. What if we eliminated all the weak links in the world such as the disabeled, the crazy, the sick. I know it sounds terrible but what if so much good came from it. What if in the end it led for peace and no suffering for all. I find that is our own self absorbsion which strays us from this idea. We are too afraid to do what must be done. Our problems lie with our weakness to comprehend the simple and obvious truth. Perhaps it's time that we as human to force an equilibrium with the environment, so were no longer a plaque of this planet. I hope it's obvious what I'am implying because I've ran out of time and I have to leave for the moment.

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^^why force an equilibrium??....what you have no patience?? you're tired of the way things are??... then by all means sir go ahead and slice the neck of the next crippled man you see...... the easy way out is always so fruitless!! how can you force a change in nature, when nature rectifies its own self??.....trying to alter it would only cause more damage...man can never resolve to a peaceful state on his own through his own change....you need to stop what you're doing to make a change, not change what you're doing to something else.......if you're living life like a animal, don't change your patterns to be like a robot....stop acting like an animal, and your life will take its natural course to where it has to go....accept the disabled, comfort the broken hearted, poor, defenseless, weak, "so called disgraces to the world", the down trodden.......stop searching for a solution... searching will only gets people lost...just do what's natural, not what has been impressed upon you that you should do... but what is natural in love!!....... MAN IS SERIOUSLY DELUDED....we need a reality check...all of us, even the so called enlightened ones.....

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah im with 730 on that one.. what happens if you got into an accident where you couldn't walk.. would you want them to kill you?

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
are you saying that you don't depend on anyone right now?

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me ask you something 730. What do you think holds more value, the human race or the salvation of earth? How many creatures have gone extinct, how many forests have been destroyed because of us and our need to spread to another area. It's a logical fallacy to think that this world isn't going to go to hell before we find the technology to move to the next one. Maybe I was a little to intense when I said we should eliminate people. But I have a better a idea...controlled breeding. Over population is huge problem that no one is really addressing and it will only get worse overtime. And I keep reading about what's wrong in the world in these posts and war always comes up. Heres a new interesting fact, more people die in automobile accidents every year than the total amount of people killed in Vietnam.Feed back please

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 38yrs • M •
^^the human race and the planet earth go hand in hand.... the human race is planet earth, we're the dust of this planet right?... when you die your body decomposes back into the dust of the planet right??....so therefore if man keeps thinking that he can do something for this planet then he's deluded.... The extinction of all these species, the alterations in climate all of that is as it is....yes we performed the crime, and nature is regulating itself...what you're scared of dying??.... yes we'll die, nature is gonna cleanse itself of the corruption which is the mind of man and when that is gone, then the straight path will once again be travelled.....dying is final, I understand why you fear it, and why you''re upset about it.. but it's nature cleaning up itself...it's the way things go in order for them to get straightened out....there is no such thing as chaos in nature, because all chaos is order!!.... disagree?... ponder about your answer ...

Humans don't hold value of the salvation of earth or vice versa...if one goes, then both go, if one is saved...then both are saved..........I'm not attacking you or trying to look down on you...but sir you're driven by fear!....from what i'm reading I can tell you straight up that you have an underlying fear inside of you....If you let go of that then you'll have no problems accepting the chaos that's going on and realize that it's getting handled in "it's time" through the process of nature.

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But has nature not been tampered with thus far by the human race? Technology, megastructures, airplanes, oilspills, global warming...ozone depletion.

all caused by ourselves. So if change can be induced via creation, and nature be offset slightly..can it not be onset as well? with human contribution?

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 38yrs • M •
any human contribution is destruction!....nature can never expend itself....look at the food chain without man!....it's perfect isn't it?.....man "thinks" that he can help because of knowledge.....man sees inferiority in one place and seeks the how to..so that he can make an equilibrium....nature uses the small as though it was an essential piece....who is making changes...man right?.......you said yourself...man did all those things to nature....in efforts to improve man...and even when man tries to help nature...(for example zoos) it ends up destroying nature more.....

this is how the natural world works...if something has a disease, the the diseased is done away with....man is the disease in nature right now, with all his developments... his "help" so nature is the only thing that can help itself in its cleansing!.......If humans want to contribute to nature though, contribute to your likeness....befriend your enemy and you create peace....when you can do that you help nature.... only by helping yourself!!!.......we need to stop trying to change what's around us....and understand what's in us before we proceed!

"Being is not knowing!"
What's wrong with the world? How do we change - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy