Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's wrong with the world? How do we change - Page 5

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The world needs to come to the realization that we are incapable of solving the problems we face on our own. WE NEED HELP!

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life"

The Way - Jesus is the only way to be reconciled with our creator. By realizing that Jesus is our ONLY hope and calling out to Him can we begin to know God.

The Truth - The things that have we have not found answers for (like why we are here on earth, what our purpose is and what our future is) are revealed through knowing Him.

The Life - By living according to the principles He lived by during his time on earth, we can begin to live the life of significants and purpose as He intended.

StephSFSK asks if there is any positivity ahead?

In the Christian context the answer is YES!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 44yrs • F •
StephSFSK is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Let's be realistic for a moment, the only truth we have as human being is ourself as individual.Praying and believing is good, dont get me wrong but it will not change a planet that is in self destruction mode at least you convice everyone to become religious and they all say yes(not gonna happen).We all know that different people have different believe.To be happy and live in this society you have to take a step back from it and work on how YOU can make yourself happy with this jungle going on around you.I had to retreat myself as in not be a part of it at times.I made alternative lifestyle descision.I do not live my life like most people, I made my own happinnest and only bring positivity in my life.We as human being(the ones that want to change the world) will never be able to change society or politics or tragedies.The only thing we can change....is the way we view it and the way we decide not to let it affect our lifes.

"The only one to blame for a bad life well, its you.You build it everyday don't you?"
 48yrs • M •
My question is HOW do we make ourselves happy? As long as we keep looking for the answer within ourselves we will never be happy because the cause of our unhappiness IS within ourselves.

Outside of the cross of Christ, I see no other hope for humanity. Christians may not restore this planet into what God created it to be, but we can at least help people to determine where they will spend eternity.

And what can be changed in this life?
We can start living the abundant life that Christ payed for on the cross.

It doesnt take everyone becoming Christians to start changing the very fabric of our societies back to what God intended but it does mean that we Christians need to lead less selfish lives, starting with me!

36yrs • F •
BarbieFag890 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well think of it this way,

after living with all of these luxuries. do you really think ppl are willing to go back to living the farm life.

and thats just for health of the world. as for war n all that jazz. well thats something we'll all have to deal with. but i really dont believe that will ever be resolved. it could get better, but will never be paradise.

even if everyone looked alike, or everyone had the same religon, we'd all fine things we hated in eachother. its the nautre of the beast.

"Live like you were gonna dye tommorow, just dont get caught!"
 48yrs • M •
Well,
Believing in Jesus is not "blind faith". Faith in a biblical context is putting your trust in something that is true and real. Christianity is not a "religion", it is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ! Being a christian is not having a vague notion that there is a God out there somewhere. It is having a deep and meaningful relationship with God. As we get to know God better we are transformed into his likeness.

The bible says "...the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

When we are born again (God sends his Holy Spirit to dwell in us), the God consious part of us is reborn and we can begin to have a relationship with God again. It takes FAITH to ask Jesus to forgive us.

This transformation is what makes a changed world possible. But once we become Christians we start living a life that has windows into eternity. The way we live this life determines where we will be in the next life (heaven with God or eternally seperated from Him).

But by Jesus sacrifice on the cross we can have that transformed life and a real and living relationship with God.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i wish every individual would except GOD.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Which god? There's more than one you know, and why should we accept "GOD"? "GOD" has caused more death than every serial killer and cultist combined. IF releigoon was the answer, the world would be a better place than it is.

"He who does not question is lost."
[  Edited by St. Jimmy at   ]
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm.. you speak of death as if its a bad thing...

media ruins us

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
"GOD" has caused more death than every serial killer and cultist combined

People don't seem to mind blaming God for the bad things and then taking credit for good things. What you fail to see is that God causes all good things to happen, and He allows bad things to happen because He lets people make their own decisions.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
God causes all good things to happen

That doesn't give me much incentive to do good then does it? Becasue if what you said is true that whenever I do something good, all the credit will go to god.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
That doesn't give me much incentive to do good then does it

If selfishness and pride are all that drive you then no it does not.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You specialize in masters degrees to get yourself qualified and in the meantime you keep yourself in the fields that count. You want to fix the world, it's going to kick your ass while you build up the credentials to have the power to say something and not look up to anyone - it will, I know because that's what's happening to me. But I know that it'll pay off and then I can influence policies and international affairs without assholes in my way.

Sitting around thinking about it does nothing. Protesting on the corners does nothing. Staying focused, dedicated and involved in your studies and overall commitment to such a concern in life, is what does. You think all these world leaders didn't get their masters and Ph Ds in what they deal with today? That's only the beginning. College is just the beginning.

You want to make your voice heard, you scream in the meantime while quietly you build yourself up and you get involved in internships, organizations and build networks from behind the stage. Then when you speak, no one will be above you to tell you otherwise, and those below you will listen out of respect.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 48yrs • M •
Astarte,
When you climb this ladder of success, make sure it leaning against the right wall. There is nothing more lonely than climbing the ladder that you think will bring happiness and fulfilment and finding out that when you get to the top there is nothing there!

PhD's and education are useful, but they do nothing to solve the problem of the evil within our hearts. All the education in the world will not bring an end to evil. It will just provide us with more sophisticated ways to perpetrate evil.

The only person that can change the evil within our hearts is Jesus. Konrad Adenauer (first German chancellor after hitler) said this very true statement. 'Apart from the cross of Jesus, I know of no other hope for mankind'. He was a non Chrisitian.

Final thought : education does not bring respect.!

42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Poprocks is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that we cannot change the WORLD as a whole, but we can change our own. The problem is that too many people are thinking how to change, but a few are actually doing it.

""Be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Poprocks is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Astarte: Below? Above? What are u talking about? Don't worship college so much. And i agree with PeteSmith.

""Be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi"
What's wrong with the world? How do we change - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy