Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's wrong with the world? How do we change - Page 4

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nah i'm not joking....lol........the being sent part is funny it makes it sound like I've created a purpose for myself... when really i'm here to live like everybody else...lmao..... but the 730 thing isn't coincidence.....I said that there's nothing strange in this universe....and I didn't seek after the name...it was just appropriate......everything happens the way it's supposed to for the progression of life....nothing is predestined....that's thinking ahead of what is therefore putting yourself and thought in a false situation.....but everything is supposed to be as is so that the flow of life can take place....... and if somebody's named nick and they're a very giving person then it doesn't make them santa clause...the "clause".(lol) given to santa for his personality is what is passed on to the Nick fellow......the spiritual content in the name in comparison to what is.........I'm not saying that my name, or my birth has anything in common.....it's the spiritual content of the whole thing................it's just funny when you look at it really...

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
730-you are crazy indeed.lol

your posts are more like misdirected rantings...its frightening.
your over-looked one of my questions..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----
"you don't know the reason for the absence of strength"

..and does knowing alleviate the fact that there is an absence of strength?

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah 730 you are crazy.. perhaps I am too cause I understand it..

like when something happens and it goes hand in hand with something that happened in the past it's not a coincidence it's just the way it was meant to be.. we are all one so to speak..
spiritually that's what connects us and there is no coincidence

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you guys can not get any more closed minded. Tell me were is the proof that it wasn't coincidence. You can not give me any other than what you perosonely feel to be true. Your truth is nothing to me unless you can prove it. We are looking for more than your truth. Otherwise we are nothing more than babtist, or pentacostal, or buddhaist. We can't close our doors and say that this is how it is because I think it is, we must have proof that we can bring to the table and nither analytical or 730 has done that.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
"you don't know the reason for the absence of strength"

..and does knowing alleviate the fact that there is an absence of strength?

knowing will never alleviate the fact lol....it will only open the door of choice...whether you want to get up out of your weakened state or start something new and gain the strength to overcome......and the choice that you obtain from knowing is power in itself...not the knowledge, the choice....

Hey conway you still believe in coincidences??....aight here's one, your parents coincidentally met to coincidentally have sex to coincidentally have you born on your birthday...skip all the coincidences in your life that made you who you are today...and end up at the coincidence that made you realize that a guy named 730 would be crazy enough to tell you that everything you thought happened because of trippy intervals in life is the exact thing that made you ask that question....

coincidences only occur when you realize the flow of life... when you're a constant part of that flow then nothing is a coincidence......understand??.....

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
very nice 730.. i constantly notice things in the flow.. maybe that's why I picked analytical to be my name (I analyze everything) every second I'm studying things to the fullest and concluding to the point of insanity..

while I'm confessing things I should add that I can't stop thinking about perfection.. I have a hard time letting go of the past too..
I think so much about one thing that it can sometimes get in the way of another

for ex: my brother and I play drums.. HE was practicing triplet rolls for a long time and had them very good.. but when he tried out for the drumline they didn't ask him to play it.. they had him play something else.. he still did good but I couldn't stop trying to justify it.. HE didn't even care tho? but as for me, I just kept thinking about it..

ok I got a little off topic there..

anyways, Conway how many people say "Oh, isn't that a coincidence?" They are the close minded ones..

730 and I aren't saying that this is how it is we are simply stating our theories.. if it's proof that you want / need we can't give it to you..
Can we really prove anything tho......................................................................
.............................................................. crazy

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
What I'm stateing here is that the reality of all existence is more than we can fathom. Things might be more than happenstance , but then again they may not. And since we can't say for sure only a fool would choose to beleive that it was "meant to be" when he has no actual idea, other than the "fuzzy" feelings he gets for the conicidences whatever they maybe.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 36yrs • M •
Yeah thats true.

You'll never know if it was meant, or coincidence.

Clearly it is meant because it is.

..but WAS it meant.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 39yrs • M •
Pretty much.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How do we make this world better? 'Fix it' as it were. We should all make sure that everyone has their needs taken care of before we even think to satisfy our personal wants.

If everyone who bought a television in the past 20 years had instead put all theat money into a single, high interest account. By now, the interest alone coming from the account each year could pay off entire countries debts, or provide free housing for the hundreds of thousands if not millions of people worldwide.

And that's just one item in your house. How many other things bought over the past 20 years could we have done without, while others elsewhere on the globe go without food, clean water and shelter.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
theres so much in our world today that i think needs to be fixed...first of all theres the way we treat ech other, most people seem to think, well, i have my own problems, and that allows them to ingnore the pain and torment of fellow humans...when the hell did we become so selfish and self centered?.....in order to change this we would have to change ways of thinking though, and that is a very hard thing to do

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And how about setting aside half the planet for wildlife only... you know, give the animals part of THEIR planet back!

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats wrong with the world?

I AM !

We are all whats wrong with the world. We can make all kinds of laws and rules but they only control our external behaviour. What changes the evil within our hearts? Our hearts are the root of the problem.

Pete

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 44yrs • F •
StephSFSK is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think about this everyday...What's wrong with the world today is that people are becoming more and more materialistic and superficial.In my life, they are in the bottom of my list of things that will make me happy.I DO NOT date people because they are beautiful, I date people because they have a BEAUTIFUL SOUL.I DO NOT go to work because I wanna be rich, I work to have money to do things with the people I love and to have a roof over my head and food.People put too much importance to things that do not matter in life and forget the SIMPLE joy that you have to make for yourself in order to have a fullfiling life.People these day are so shawlow.The world is a scary place to live in...I do not agree with most things that are part of our society these daysI do not believe in politics,in fame,in physical beauty,in materialistic,in racist,in viloence,in money...list goes on.Where is this planet going, can someone see any positivity ahead?I can't...

"The only one to blame for a bad life well, its you.You build it everyday don't you?"
 36yrs • M •
People like you...people more suseptible to truth and understanding.

Those who care about themselves as well as others.

People who arent so inwardly focused are more capable of grasping ideas and concepts, than those who cannot. This is a gift.

We all work according to truth either directly or indirectly...but its those who do it directly..that really make a difference.

What's wrong with the world? How do we change - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy