Life is often hard. The blade is my only comfort. i used to rely on you, but since the last heartbreak i desided that my own blood, and my self are the only things that cares about me. - Blood_princess
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Not all Muslims are terrorists,so end your hatred!

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God! I hate ignorant people!

I have a Muslim friend who is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever met. I know a lot of Muslims and know a lot about their religion. I mean, Muslims are like Buddhists, in the sense that they won't hurt ants because ants are God's creatures. After September 11, my Muslim friends have been treated like trash. They have been harassed, sworn at, fired from their jobs, robbed, attacked, you name it.

Why, you ask? Why would these peace-loving people who are afraid of hurting ants be attacked? Because everyone thinks all Muslims are terrorists. Timothy McVeigh, in charge of the Oklahoma bombins, was Christian. But did everyone go around attacking Christians? NO. China is a communist country. Does everyone go around attacking Chinese Americans? No.

In case you don't know, Islam does not promote terrorism. Search their holy book, the Quran. SO STOP BEING IGNORANT AND JUDGING ALL THE MUSLIMS BECAUSE A HANDFUL OF FUNDAMENTALISTS DECIDE TO BOMB SKYSCRAPERS!

I've done my best to tell people this. I thought all the attacks against Muslim Americans (meaning Americans like you, white, black, Chinese, born in America or living in America) had come to and end, but yesterday, when my Muslim friend and I were walking to the public library, some guy in his car passes by, honks, and makes a rude gesture. Jerk.

My point is, please learn more about Islam and Muslims before you start forming judgements about them. And this isn't just for Muslims. I'm talking about all minorities.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Amen. Im muslim. Promote the peace!

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Absolutely Amen!!!

I frequent a Muslim owned grocery near my house. I was shocked to learn of the vandalism caused to his store right after 9/11, they are such nice people, and outstanding neighbors.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not all muslims look like osama, if you wanna know how the teenage muslim community works in the us, go to this site

www.ratedesi.com

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
JimmyK, that website gives only a small picture of Muslims (specifically, indo-paki Muslims who want to date each other.) There is no single site where you can learn about Muslim teens. You just got to go out and see the whole bunch, "the good, the bad, and the ugly."

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ikiris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People judge people based on the group they are in. It's the way of the world unfortunately. Muslims will be disliked for 9/11 regardless of weather or not they support it. Just like Americans are seen around the world as war mongers even though alot of americans were against the war. Only thing we can do is not judge people on the group they come from and try to get others to do the same. Odd's are the rest of the world will keep judging people though.

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun! - Ash"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stereotyping is indeed rampant in the world today, and in some cases I must admit to it also. The trick is to strive to look at a person on their own merits, and make our own little corners of the world a better place. Eventually, Islamic and Christian Fundamentalists and other intolerant and overly judgmental people won't have a corner to hide in.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Every one is a terrorist. EVERY ONE! We all terrorize, are bigoted, hate, limit and assign limits. We associate with those that think/act as we do. We bully those that are weaker and hate those that bully us. We have our religion and can't figure out those that don't believe as we do. Terrorism is just a buzz-word that is popular right now. The real word is xenophobia. What we don't know frightens us. Even scientists on the brink of discovery suffer from a form of it...not knowing if they will find the key to a cure or loose a new scourge on the planet. Forget long winded diatribes against those that voice their 'hatreds', rather, have the courage to voice your own and find out something about yourself.oz

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 39yrs • M •
suvodip is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well, I knew muslim guys who are nice. By nice I mean they were just like us. I am a Hindu and stay in India. I like most of the Indian muslims. They are nice. But then when I watch PTV (Pakistan TV) I feel that they are too much into their own religion and they have that 'kill for religion'. While I love my Indian muslim friends, i believe, this is a community problem rather than religion. Its the Iraqi and Afghani community who r aggressive and happen to be muslims. I happen to believe in Pir Nizammuddin even though i am a hindu. Muslim is a very 'religious religion' given bad name by some community.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree people shouldn't be stereotyped just because a few radicals blew up a building, no one should condemn the whole group because of the sins of a few.

"He who does not question is lost."
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
muslim=hate

"i hate cRap!"
 35yrs • M •
What is wrong with you? You shouldn't hate them without knowing anything about them. I have muslim friends and they're just like anyone else. They don't hate america like you seem to think. take your hate speech somewhere else.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"They don't hate america like you seem to think."

There is a difference from American based muslims and those abroad, and although you may think there are no America hating muslims, you would be wrong.

The thing about that though, is that America (Along with other major developed nations influencing geo politics) has earned its hatred to a degree that people aren't willing to accept, investigate, or even listen to.

As for extremists and fundamentalists, the point was made very well about McViegh, all religions and idealogies have these. The point is that not all the people we are fighting are religious nuts, regardless of whether they are religious, let alone muslim.

There are going to be people who utterly FEAR and detest the US and major western powers because of the horrid reality that is their past. The lesson of collatoral and intentional damage to civilians and their living standars that will hopefully be learned someday.

Listening to interviews with muslim leaders as well as others express no hate for american people, only fear, anger, and righteous indignation towards those IN POWER who have abused their lands, peoples, and resources.

They are not perfect either, nor is America the sole problem they have, as peace in the middle east has been a problem for some time now, which was hopelessly (and often purposefully) inflamed by more meddling western powers and empires of years past and obviously present.

Untill corruption of western powers is actually taken seriously by the western public, to at least give people the clear truth and magnitude of the situation, we will continue to have reasonable as well as irrational hate for America from abroad and within.

But some would rather just say that America is great, even if not perfect (though they hate elaborating), and anyone who talks bad about it is a terrorist, which is ignorant lunacy and only perpetuates the situation.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
What is wrong with you? You shouldn't hate them without knowing anything about them. I have muslim friends and they're just like anyone else. They don't hate america like you seem to think. take your hate speech somewhere else.

let me get this straight. i grew up in detroit michigan and dearborn is all arabic. they do not care about this country they only come here to abuse our freedoms... they control and own the entire city of dearborn, dearborn heights etc. they have regular racially related shootings constantly amongst themselves and the black population in cities like dearborn, troy etc. the reason most of them come here is to do things 'freedom' allows because the things they do would NOT be tolerated in the arabic countries they come from and they are highly racist. they control entire areas and refuse to let any other races live where they live. they burn our flag, they want white women and white culture but despise it at the same time not to mention they REFUSE to use the english langauge... nothing says hate more then refusal to accept this is the usa and our langauge etc. maybe 10 percent might be 'good' but the rest hate americans as bad as the ones over there. you know nothing about the real agenda with the "muslim" doctrine. period. i moved to beverly hills ca. in 1989 to get away from the destruction of the city of detroit. why is the truth manipulated as if it were hate speech? the truth is the truth, that's all. hate has nothing to do with the truth. you forgot to mention they want to kill all christians and jews...

"i hate cRap!"
 35yrs • M •
I didn't say that there were no american hating muslims, nor do i think that. I know that there are plenty of muslims that would love to see the USA in ruins, what i was saying was that i find it offensive when people make generalizations like "Muslim = Hate" which poser exposer did. I realize that these people have some valid reasons for disliking the USA, for example we went to war with Iraq for no reason at all.

But we cannot overlook the fact that many of the reasons that these people have for hating us are based on biased opinions from radical muslim clerics who use relegion as an excuse to attack innocent civilians.

I do agree with you in that no country/people is/are perfect, and there are valid reasons on both sides for detesting the other and the only way (that i can see) to overcome these issues is for both sides to accept the other. and we will not have peace untill this is accomplished.

[  Edited by St. Jimmy at   ]
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy