In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown. - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Not all Muslims are terrorists,so end your hatred! - Page 3

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Seriously, you might as well complain to Fox News, he and many like him just repeat assinine propaganda from there more often then not.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • F •
salwa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I've been in the midwest for the summer for a student exchange programme. and its actually amusing that some americans in soem rural areas never seen a muslim before.

My friend (who wears a Hijab)was working part time in a convenience store and a middle aged lady came up to her and asked " owh, thats a nice head dress. Are you Buddhist??"

And I could say that my friend was taken back as it seems not everyone in the world knows ANYTHING about Islam.

I guess blaming the muslims on the 9/11 tragedy gave a bad limelight to Islam as for a lot of people, it was their first time knowing that such religion existed.

It's a sad world.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Unfortunately, yes. Thet's what happens when a government cuts it's people off from fair and balanced news.

"He who does not question is lost."
 51yrs • M •
killdozer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Right on Poser Exposer!!!

"metal rules!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the bias exists due to the fact, that there is a large fundamentalist base in certain countries. someone a while ago mentioned the omaha bombings as being commited by a christian, that is true, but it was the fact that those attacks were not really religiously based. they were named as being such, but everyone knew it was a political attack not religious and our countries are sectarian (religion and politics are seperate). the 9/11 attacks were religiously and politically motivated, because out of all the muslim countries, turkey is the only one not ruled by islam. as for attacking the "nice friendly peaceful" people, some of that is explained by the fact that some of the people who have done suicide bombings were people, that no-one could imagine doing such a thing. religion can make people do strange things, and islam seems exceptionally capable at brainwashing. u said u dont understand how the americans can hate a people they no nothing about, but the average Iraqi or afghan know less about americans.
i don't condone the actions of either side, but i think we should be slower to condemn. Islam scare people, because of the things it has done, islam does not as such support terrorism, but it does say that the killing of non-believers is not a crime, in fact it is almost stated as a good thing. this belief is not i believe widely held by those muslims who live in our countries. but is it not understandable to mistrust someone who belongs to a group whose holy book states that your death is a joyous occasion.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Islam actually has an "etiquette" for battle. No kiling women, children, elderly, handicapped, clergy, and non-combatants. No destroying public propoerty or burning land.

So, the people who claim to be Muslims who do this are going against their own religion. They're just using religion as an excuse for their militant campaigns.

Unfortunately, since Muslims are a minority in this countrym they're grouped together when some Muslim or Arab or Arab-looking guy or girl gets arrested. I mean, the news reporters do not say "a Lebanese man," they say, "a Moslem man from Lebanon." It's kind of like using British and American interchangeabley

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we only have what we will.
once people stop acknowleding "country of birth" and realize that nature is our culture we are all guilty. even I

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There really are different types of muslims, but when talking about the hate directed towards the US, you need to make the distinction between muslims of the ottman empire area and muslims of the more middle-eastern area. The ottoman type muslims are more pacifist type of muslim, howerver due to the irrationailty issue of fascism the middle-eastern muslims have been rasied to believe the US is evil, and reveal in riches while other people starve. There is a good point there but the people spreading these tales were the ones in power, directing the hate towards the US in order to stay in power. so many muslims do hate the US.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
most of the people of most of the world dislike the united states.
oh, and I don't see how any religious intolerance comes into play. I have yet to hear any muslim terrorist saying all christians are to be killed.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 47yrs • M •
DavidHill is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Are you scared of fundamentalists who don't believe in anything? People who would kill to affirm to themselves that they are capable of killing?

I admire the 'we are all terrorists' post above.

My question to you is this. Imagine all the wars caused in the name of religion. How much bloodshed would there be if they were in the name of something else?

"All I know is you"
 39yrs • F •
muslimterrorist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i am a muslim.
i am a 'tererist', as george bush says it.
what about that huh? what about that?

"i bomb your house"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being muslim has nothing to do with why people hate muslims it's there skin color, their clothes, the way they walk, the way they smell, the way they drive a car, etc...I don't care who you are you judge a person baised on your past experince and how it relates to now.

Why is it that when blacks go into a pakistan store we get looked at like we are going to steal and we share the same faith. (cause really we all no black people steal)

I think that if we let go of our old beliefs of what happened yesterday. we could go foward and treat everyone with equality. but even that statment is full of sh*t

"what if I'm a clone?"
 36yrs • F •
MJClone, even though judging someone by their apperance is ridiculous, how do you spread this message when you have the president of this country and mass media extremely biased?

What can we do about it? Well. the more we interact with people we have stereotypes of, the less stereotypical we will be. I'm part of a youth diversity group that encourages high school kids to interact with people of other races, cultures, religions etc. We can all try to support or initiate these kinds of activities, whether it's as simple as inviting two different race neighbors over for dinner or organizing a diversity convention.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I apologize for my incomplete thoughts i reply in these posts. I'm at work and some of my thoughts are broken up and are not put together the way i would like for them to be.

I was making the statement that really the muslim world is not catching the heat for 9/11 the skin color of the people is offensive. Yes to judge a person by thier appereance is ridiculous. But that's the only way the human mind knows how to act when faced with experience. When you see a guy with a hoodie, baggie jeans, pair of timberland boots and cig. in his mouth standing outside of a bank what is your judgement. you don't know untill he moves, or says something; thats when your next judgement is formed specificaly based on what you've experinced and heard from others. I'm not saying its right; i was saying that we need to address racsim. The reason I say the president is biased is because he is and so is the rest of this country. even you Attolia are biased of people not just stupid people either.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 36yrs • F •
No doubt we're all biased (including myself.)

The negative image of Muslims as terrorists can be attributed to two things:
1- Mass media's potrayal of Muslims
2- Lack of action on the part of Muslims to clean or clear up their image.

Of course, there's also the lack of action of non-Muslims who accept whatever they hear and don't learn more about Muslims.

Not all Muslims are terrorists,so end your hatred! - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy