Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Not all Muslims are terrorists,so end your hatred! - Page 2

User Thread
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I didn't say that there were no american hating muslims, nor do i think that. I know that there are plenty of muslims that would love to see the USA in ruins, what i was saying was that i find it offensive when people make generalizations like "Muslim = Hate" which poser exposer did. I realize that these people have some valid reasons for disliking the USA, for example we went to war with Iraq for no reason at all.

But we cannot overlook the fact that many of the reasons that these people have for hating us are based on biased opinions from radical muslim clerics who use relegion as an excuse to attack innocent civilians.

I do agree with you in that no country/people is/are perfect, and there are valid reasons on both sides for detesting the other and the only way (that i can see) to overcome these issues is for both sides to accept the other. and we will not have peace untill this is accomplished.

Nice Pic BTW

then why do they want to come here to live? explain that. they want our freedom but they don't want us to be here... that speaks volumes to me. you're in denial.

"i hate cRap!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

But we cannot overlook the fact that many of the reasons that these people have for hating us are based on biased opinions from radical muslim clerics who use relegion as an excuse to attack innocent civilians.

Indeed, it cannot be ignored, however, knowing exactly who is pushing whom and under what pretenses is far trickier then another such generaliztion as this.

Extremism and fundamentalism will always be, these killing of innocent civilians in Iraq by Iraqi's and any neighboring aid to insurgent violence was not taking place before the invasion, even though extremism and fundamentalism existed.

As for civilian casualties, this argument against muslims alone is rediculous and the most obvious (and obviously undernoted) sign of the manipulation of public information and therefore opinion. Not that I'm saying you are one sided, I'm making a general response to a common concern that I feel doesn't get near enough discussion but that you brought up.

(though I am curious about your opinion of civilian casualties caused by coalition forces, and if you think insurgents numbers of them are higher?)

I would guess it would take years for insurgents to catch up with the number of civilian casualties caused by coalition forces. Especially through bombings and materials used in battle that are either hidden or undermined in the media, such as D.U.

(And if you know anything about D.U. and its not bad, then you probably haven't listened to Dr. Rokke. The not so funny story about him is that he is was the retired General assigned to surmize the ill affects of D.U. usage upon clean up of Gulf 1. But when you hear the official stories printed in most media about it, its not a problem. But when you hear Rokke, suddenly its a ecological disaster with both immediate and devastating lasting affects with the potential of lasting 4.5 billion years. And if he is the official source, but the official story does not reflect his findings and declaration of importance, when he says he was told to lie, what does that tell you?)

Let him tell you himself if you're curious.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=34018-u-frmid=1
http://thunderbay.indymedia.org/uploads/rokke.28.ram
http://sf.indymedia.org/uploads/rokketwo28rm.ram
http://sf.indymedia.org/uploads/rokkethree28.ram
http://www.indybay.org/uploads/rokkefour28.ram

The fact is you see and hear about civilian casualties that the "enemy" causes, and when it can't be ignored completely you'll hear coalition collatoral simply dismissed, its gonna happen, its messy, its war, its ok because we say so and because its us doing it.

I would bet we dropped more bombs in one hour than insurgents will manage in roadsides and suicide bombs (even their RPG's) for the entirety of the war. And ALL of these bombs kill civilians. Ours just kill more, because they are better at doing it, and there is just a shitload more of them.

And to further the point of the unfortunate situation, think about this, if you were a peasant farmer being invaded by a world superpower that you were defending against, what means would you employ, what means would you have available, they really only have one avenue of working defense, and they use it.

Honestly, though the hate and manipulation of arabs is a terrible problem, much more troubling is the hate and manipulation of the populous and power systems of the world's powerful elites.

Poser's points on racism are well founded, while his point of what they own is not, for he himself would argue that that is our life, free trade.

The racism issue, however, is highly one sided, segregation and the natural tendency to cling to like minds, races, etc. is no where near isolated to american arabs nor is it worthy of mention over any other race that does it, including of course whites.

(A point comparable to the point of terrorism and WMD threats from iraq in comparison to many other places, such as N. Korea etc.)

And the racism issue in regards to whose country this is doesn't hold up well either, unless you want to say America is for whites only (and of course this would have to be far more technical as well). We stole this place to begin with, and we didn't want anyone here, but we needed slaves and a working class and the ability to trade abroad, and eslaving the indians didn't work out so we have black slavery and immagration.

I don't know what he means by their abuse of freedom either, especially in comparison to any american abusing said freedom.

They want to come to live because they hear its better and we are busy blowing them up, for years and years.

I would think that the ones who don't want us here regardless are probably either manipulated fundamentals, or people with a good reason not to like us. But saying they don't want us here is a generalization as well which began this conversation because such statements are never accurate and only inflame.

Maybe now he knows what it feels like to be a minority in America.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Maybe now he knows what it feels like to be a minority in America.

One can only hope.

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
man, I hate people like poser, who refuse to think logically over issues such as these.

But it's kinda like a circle. I mean, america will say it attacked Iraq because of terrorist attacks, the terrorists will say they attacked because of american attacks....but hate or no hate, yes america has probably killed more people than any other country in the world, yes these religious extremists have destroyed whole families, but that does not mean that you start to kill innocent people in retaliation. I mean fine, you can fight against the soldiers etc, but why against innocent people who have done no harm to you. If you'r at war, then the terrorists and americans should atleast target military installations, what do they hope to achieve through killing women and children?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
the terroristis target the innocent becasue their whole purpose is to cause terror

terror - terrorist

The truth is, it's much easier to attack civilians than a millitary base, and everyone knows it. that's why the terrorists attacked the world trade centers rather than, a millitary base.

as for the USA, the reason we kill civilians is because:

1. when you drop a 20,000 pound bomb in an area where people live, you're bound to kill some civilians.

2. We can't allways tell, or don't bother to check, whether someone is a terrorist or not. In iraq, for the most part, we don't bother to check.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The truth is, it's much easier to attack civilians than a millitary base, and everyone knows it. that's why the terrorists attacked the world trade centers rather than, a millitary base.
Oh, I glad you told me so I thought it had something to do with what they felt the World Trade Center stood for & and what transactions [transpired] within the boundaries of their work load?
As you see them as terrorist, i see people resisting domination by us , the US, our capitalist desires for world control?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
Before 9/11, how were we dominating the taliban?? They attacked us becasue they beleived that americans were evil and had to be eradicated from the face of the planet because we had a different set of religous beleifs and practices.

35yrs • F •
sana is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hey ummmmm "poser" stop givin ur leacture on muslims cuz ur kinda gettin ppl mad here... Go n learn the "facts" about them. im a muslim n ur speaking a bunch of crappy stuff against dem and its annoying cuz u dun know the truth n u jus saying what u feel like sayin or wat u experienced while livin in the same neighborhood as the arabic ppl...stop basin ur opinions on what u have seen...Not all muslims r like wat ur sayinn.... and jus keep them to urslef cuz cuz ur bein meannnn....n, n if u cant b nice den dunt say nething at allll n that too against muslims cuz it isnt funny at all...hope u get wat im syain...

[  Edited by sana at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Before 9/11, how were we dominating the taliban??
Has it ever occured to you how Isreal is no longer a point of contention? Afganastan fought for independence from USSR (Soviet Union) so what happened within the CIA & the Tailiban?
quote:
They attacked us becasue they beleived that americans were evil and had to be eradicated from the face of the planet
No, they came to understand the truth about American foreign policies; we seek to help others out of selfserving motivations.
quote:
because we had a different set of religous beleifs and practices.
Ah yes the state religion of capitalism which was draped with the robes of Christianity => The Lie they put before Christ.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
quote:
Before 9/11, how were we dominating the taliban??

thats exactly it Far from not dominating the taliban, the American governmet was actually helping them!
But regardless of this fact, do you know that America has dropped more bombs on different countrires then any other country in the history of mankind, and then you go on to say that terrorists attack because because americans have a different religion?

But the fact of the matter is what is done cannot be undone. Both sides are wrong, and now attempts to understand each other should be made. Bush should realize that invading other countries won't make the world magically like you, and the religious extremists should also have some sense knocked into their heads.

I think if bush actually starts to cooperate, those extremists won't have an excuse to recruit young impressionablt minds.

35yrs • F •
sana is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
yea, angel of death, i think ur ritee..
~ppl relly got to stop thinkin that w\e happening is coz of muslims n dat dere doin it all... n all terrerorists r not muslims! They could pretty much b from ne religion or country and have different reasons for wat they're doin

35yrs • M •
infact none of the so called Jihadis and 'muslim' terrorists are true muslims, as anyone who kills innocents is only worthy of a place in the lowest pits of hell.
But yes, it has largely become a political game now, and often 'pleasing God' is the least thing the leaders of these organizations have on their mind

35yrs • F •
yea, but like sumone said b4..muslims are all about promotin peace, why would they want to go out n kill innocent ppl for no apparent reason. muslims cant b terrorists
ppl mite think im sidin them and saying al the good stuff bout them cuz im also a muslim but im just saying wat i think is true...and i strongly believe they wouldnt do such a thing..(killin old ppl, kids, n women for i duno wat reason)

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are Christian Nazi's too, its not what one preaches or claims belief in, its one's actions that make them a terrorist.

"..(killin old ppl, kids, n women for i duno wat reason)"

Wealth and power.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
poser you have posibly the most closed mind i have come across
muslims have the same rule as christians
DO NOT KILL
so basically suicide bomers are contradicting their own religion
so stop taking it out on muslims
take it out on the ones who are actually carrying the bombs

"rock on"
Not all Muslims are terrorists,so end your hatred! - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy