What is the best training for a writer? An unhappy childhood. - Ernest Hemingway
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Problem of Evil - Page 13

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
As for choosing not to remember... lol keep comming up with that shit and I'll keep telling you your and idiot then have to explain why.

Clearly you do not know who God is.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm nihilist... ITS VERY OBVIOUS!

"Dark and silent and complete."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
may seem out of context (back to first question) but consider, the bible (NT) Jesus stated when asked by the sadducees "Whose wife will she be in heaven?".
They were in error because they didn't understand that angels, (spiritual beings) did not have such relations.
So if they are not born, then how do they come into being?
Did they evolved

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I blelieve the perfect God created the world but I'm not sure the perfect God created us - I currently lean twords Edgar Cayces theory that we created ourselfes and it took thousands of years - I never did get around to really study that though.

Originally we were spirit without form, obviously Jesus is referring to that spiritual form of which I am able to comprehend as to why spirits could not be married unless maybe in such a form such relationships were meaningless to us.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M
Leoric is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People committed more sins and caused all of the evil of the world..although with some help from The Devil

72yrs • M •
The Devil => an evil or malign spirit?
malignant as a cancerous growth which should be cut out
or
an abnormal growth which should be healed?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Original Post
quote:

The Problem of Evil

If God exists, and God is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect, then why did God create the world with physical and mental anguish (evil) in it? Was God powerless to prevent evil from developing in the world? Was God unable to forsee evil developing from creation? Or, did God simply choose to create the world with evil in it?

In the beginning there was darkness, and out of the darkness came the light. Before the light there was darkness, and before that, maybe there was no time before, or maybe there was no before, or maybe it just keeps happening over and over again - who knows?

Out of the light all things were created.

Now comes man and thats where it really starts getting wierd.

The Gnostics believed in a false god and a True God. The false god was created in the image of the true God, not man, according the Gnostics. This false god did not know there was a god who created him but thought he was god and desided to create us on the earth. After he created us, in Genesis it says he repented. In another scripture (I'm going to find that scripture) it tells the story of how God was sorry he created man but was going to destroy man but she (I can't remember who she is) talked him out of it explaining that the seeds of truth would grow and could be harvested a hundred fold.

Kick that around a bit - meantime I'm going to look for that scripure and post it here somewhere.

But I believe here lies the answer. From freedom comes forth truth, but unfortunately so does sin and evil. But in the end sin and death will be seperated out and the truth will be harvested.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Or, did God simply choose to create the world with evil in it?

would there be good withought evil?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evil - Man - Good

All good and all evil stems from man.

The only real good is in knowledge. And the highest of these forms that I know of is feelings. The only evil is in perspective, stems from judgement, and is a lack of self respect and respect for other things in a perceived less develpomental stage or jealosuy of things more advanced. You only move when first you accept and want to evelove things to better your 'self' and (and that and is needed) others.

Out of peace come chaos; out of chaos comes peace.

Its all circles. Some, however, try to swaure the circles. Their deluded.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
quote:
The only evil is in perspective, stems from judgement, and is a lack of self respect and respect for other things in a perceived less develpomental stage or jealosuy of things more advanced.

but are all these things really evil?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right...lets try and nail this. In short, evil will not exist eternally, everywhere. God will. That does not mean it doesnt exist somewhere, at some time.

We have two types of 'knowledge' which I shall call information-gathered and experience or intuitive-aquired.

The information gathered-type knowledge is secondary. It is communicated via word, mouth and touch, and writing. The problem with this type of knowledge is that it is more informative specifically than educational generally. Though one might know what to do in a specific instance, its hard to apply the principles since it is the effect, not the cause, that is taught.

I'm stuggling now to communicate the second type of knowledge which is that felt intuitively or a valuable lesson learned from an event or several events, first hand.

The problem of evil, I feel, is that it doesnt really exist, but it does insofar that what we have in our age is confusion. Some people have higher forms of knowledge thatn others, some feel more things. However, there is a lot of hippocracy; you say one thing and do another. This is because you think you know what should be done and so say this, but when another incident comes along that would require similar action, because in many instances there are so many different teachings on what is right; you may choose the wrong one. In the sphere of the educated via secondary forms of education wrong-doing is seen as evil. Its not really evil; what it is is a lack of primary understanding. Learning he lesson from the source and not the works of a mind which has perceived the source. E.g. learning Newton's laws of mechanics from a textbook without learning them derived from nature itself.

Really then seeking essence, god or love is about acquiring root understanding by harmonising with the source; God or nature (one method is meditation). Really, good is pureness, the word peace. Its crystal clear. Evil is when things are so confused, between the material world and the spiritual one, that one leads a life of winding, crossing paths, and not a more singular one of integrity.

Far too many look to books for answers and far to few feel with their hearts to help. The people that see evil cast those away as unworthy. The people who know God, see a friend in need.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." (Mother Teresa)

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
quote:
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." (Mother Teresa)

This is exactly what I have been tring to say about 'evil' in the other posts as well, it is a really good quote. You can only love someone if you stop judging them. We don't judge our mothers or fathers, if they commit some wrongs we don't call them 'evil'-because we understand them too much, we know there is a lot more to them then that act they comitted.

Even dr.freeze in batman(), who tried to destroy a whole city, coud not have been 'evil', as he had reasons for it, he thought his wife had been killed because of the city or sumtin.

72yrs • M •
Aspects of Good & Evil
In the old west 'herding sheep was an evil to cattlemen because the sheep would eat the grass down to it's roots, killing the grass. The wolf was the cattlemen's enemy as well, it would kill the cattle. If it killed the sheep, was it not good?
The point being that biblically speaking, does good & evil relate to the ability make distinctions about the effects of ones actions?
I heard it said "the ends justify the means" but by Jesus (biblically) is it not the means which justify the ends?
As you judge so are you judged?
Thus the aspect of repentance & forgiveness by accepting the 'christ-likeness' or christ-mindedness (mind set) => to become a christ-ian?

35yrs • M •
heyjme, yes well said, I can't see how our actions can be evil in anyway. Yes, there may be perhaps 'evil', which may cause us do be mislead, but thats exactly it, we are only mislead. Even if you look in religion, the people themselves are not reffered to as evil, they are reffered to as following Satans orders or straying from the path. Satan probably became 'evil' in religious myth because it was an enlighned being, an angel, and despite knowing the Truth and God, he still went the other way.

72yrs • M •
Nicely put, we are mislead but then do we have a choice?

The Problem of Evil - Page 13
  6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy