Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Problem of Evil - Page 12

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Bullshit. Man did not create pain, suffering, tragedy and death.

Why not?

quote:
We are not the only sources of pain and suffering, in fact, most mass pain and suffering comes from, weather, drought, famine, hurricaines, tornados, floods, asteroids, DISEASE.

When Man fell to sin God cursed the earth. The natural disasters you mentioned never happened until Man sinned.

quote:
By making evil to test for good, one has been evil for making evil.

God did not make evil. Evil is a result of choice, but it was not created.

quote:
God's beautiful universe and planets with their automated systems of cleansing, growth, life and death, are indeed beautiful and magnificent, but they also cause endless pain suffering and death. This is balance.

The universe was not created this way and nor is it going to stay this way. Balance is just an excuse to allow people to be evil. Besides you said earlier that balance doesn't stand a chance.

quote:
Even God was in the dark and alone, before he made light.

How do you know this?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hi.

quote:
Why not?

keep this question in mind while reading this. i'll answer it at the end.
quote:
When Man fell to sin God cursed the earth. The natural disasters you mentioned never happened until Man sinned.
the is a very simple response to this. god created it. god is the one who cursed the earth. he is the one who insites resentment and distaste and prejudice. he is the one who creadted deseas. i kno this, because you just told me so. god is the one who cursed the earth. not man. god made the knowing choice, considering as he is all know, that his curse would only bring hatred, yet, the loving father, decided to do it anyway. sounds like a real good guy. you are probably saying, "huh? that doesnt make sense." well it doesnt. i have used complete logic and and reasoning to come to that conclusion, yet it still doesnt make sense. thats because the theory of "evil" does not make sense.
while im on the subject, if god is all knowing, didnt he know that eve would sin? so didnt he out that tree there on porpous, just so she would take the apple? isnt that entrapment?
anyway, god knew all this stuff would happen, and he had the power to change it, considering he is all powerfull, but he didnt. he chose ignorance. yes thats right. he chose to not know what was going on at the time, as to see what he little creations would do on their own. yeah, he's an evil scientist. thats all the christian god is. he full understood the conseqeunces of is actions, and how horrible they would be, yet he did it anyway.
quote:
God did not make evil. Evil is a result of choice, but it was not created.
AND GOD CREATED CHOICE. THERE-FUCKING-FORE, GOD CREADTED EVIL.
quote:
The universe was not created this way and nor is it going to stay this way. Balance is just an excuse to allow people to be evil. Besides you said earlier that balance doesn't stand a chance.

quote:
How do you know this?

so...
quote:
Why not?
because, god created pain for the men to have because they sinned. that was part of his curse. as was the suffering. he knew that if he created something that someone would love, adam and eve, that the loss of that love would hurt, and he did it anyway. and because he is all knowing, and everything has a porpous, he has set fate in everyone of us. and a tragedy is a fated defeat. and because he is all knowing, he knew that when he creadted life, he creadted death.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
he is the one who insites resentment and distaste and prejudice. he is the one who creadted deseas.

But all this could have been easily avoided. You fail to grasp the situation; God had faith in Adam and Eve's ability to trust Him. The Tree was a sign of God's power not a temptation device. Satan knew that God told Adam and Eve that they would die after eating of the tree. It was Satan's intent to make God a liar. Either God became a liar and let Adam and Eve go unpunished or God would have to kill His beloved creation.

quote:
and because he is all knowing, and everything has a porpous, he has set fate in everyone of us. and a tragedy is a fated defeat. and because he is all knowing, he knew that when he creadted life, he creadted death.

God may have cursed the earth but He blessed humanity. This planet may be doomed but the people on it are by no means doomed unless that is their choice.

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the is a very simple response to this. god created it. god is the one who cursed the earth. he is the one who insites resentment and distaste and prejudice. he is the one who creadted deseas. i kno this, because you just told me so

Your thinking on this is incorrect. If God gives us a choice to love him and obey him (for our good) or to reject him would we be free to choose if he prevented us from making the choice. Evil is in this world because we choose it. It would be unjust of God if he gave us a choice and then prevented us from making a choice. We are free to choose what to do, but we are not free to choose the consequences. You are free to put your naked hand in a red hot fire, we are not free to choose whether to get burned or not!!!

This earth was not cursed when God made it. It was as a result of our choice.

Please try to come up with a system were free choice is valued but consequences to our choices do not apply.

BTW. God knew it would go wrong but he made a plan of redemtion before the foundation of the earth was layed (Before the foundation of the earth was layed, the lamb was slain - Revelations).

quote:
Even God was in the dark and alone, before he made light.

Wrong! God has never been alone. There has always been the trinity. God is light. "God caused his light to shine in our hearts to give to us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ (Jesus)" 2 Corinthians

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • M
quote:
we are not free to choose whether to get burned or not!!!

god chose to burn us. plain and simple.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 48yrs • M •
What is the basis for that statement? I gave a basis for mine.

35yrs • M
god is all knowing, therefore knew every buit of suffering that would happen

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think understanding will get rid of the problem of evil. It is my feeling that its a poor trait of ours to compare one with another. If you place one thing as good and not all things then ultimately you will jusge another as evil. This is the problem with catagorization...seeing the trees and not the forest. The problem with religion is that our generation reads it ultimately and narrative is inferior to a form of communication known as feeling, whose modes of communication are through empathy and understanding.

The problem with Christianity is this; it perceives that individuals are born evil and then must attain goodness. Lol. all babies are just born and then experience. The emotional attachment one adds to an observance is inherited. Why culture has shaped this way to categorise I don't know-I just feel that the ultimate way is to stop cataegorsing and see a unity rather than a contrast. If there is unity I am left to conclude it is best described by the word peace.

As to the argument against the problem of evil there is another avenue of aproach hardly anyone uses. Whilst we know that ultimate happiness is unnatainable because we are not always happy isn't it equally valid that ultimate sadness is equally unnatainable?

Now we live in a material world. Balance exists. Positives have there negatives. Yes, this is true so ok good and evil may exist. But, these are finite. Now Christians see God as righteous; and they traditionally see God giving Lucifer free will and Lucifer becoming a devil and causing evil. Well its still God who created the evil even if you wish to deny the link. But, if evil and good are finite, being not all of God then God is more. This reuqires a deeper level of understanding and for this we must operate at a higher level than the material world, which is all we know...now at least

""No words""
[  Edited by heyjme1 at   ]
 48yrs • M •
quote:
god is all knowing, therefore knew every buit of suffering that would happen

yes he did, but he also gave his only son so that ever believed in him would not die but have eternal life. To the Christian, death is not the end, it is a transition to heaven. Death and sufferning is only a problem if you believe that there is nothing after death. As a philosopher once said "Death is athiesms only problem". Thats a pretty big problem I would say!

35yrs • M
quote:
To the Christian, death is not the end, it is a transition to heaven. Death and sufferning is only a problem if you believe that there is nothing after death. As a philosopher once said "Death is athiesms only problem". Thats a pretty big problem I would say!

and this is why christianity is a cult. the only reason why any modern day christian willingly pick his or her religion is because of the rewards. tell me, if there was no reward in christianity woulkd you still be so inclined to follow a plan involving so much hurt if there were no rewards after this hurt? i dont think you would. its a fucking recruitment line. thats it. all religions have them. death is not my problem, its just the end. thats all. it doesnt terrify me.
quote:
There's no use in crying over split milk, but that doesn't mean i want my milk to spill now does it? -Xaej

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My dear christians, you must understand that the problem with your belief is that you do not comprehend infinity, and you do not comprehend initial relative cause. If god can be infinite then he is all things. And since his consciousness has been said to be the starting point of existence, atleast earth's, then he is responcible for all things that follow because of his actions. Then you say he knows all, which means he knew what choices you will make. Therefore all sin is caused by none other than your notorious god.

"Please try to come up with a system were free choice is valued" There is no such system, all choices are casued by the preceding infinity of "actions" (as they are devided by the human consciouness).

A tree as a sign of power? Signs are for humans... they are left to be interpreted. What kind of god though would need a sign?

You also seem to be under the influence that your morals are absolute and that there is an actuall right and wrong or holy and evil. There is not. Irrevocably the the desire to survive facilitates the senses and contrast is born. Though all things are but energy you see things as a chair, a smile, etc. Vagaries my dear christians...

"Dark and silent and complete."
 35yrs • M
by the way
quote:
But all this could have been easily avoided. You fail to grasp the situation; God had faith in Adam and Eve's ability to trust Him.

bull shit. god knows all. you etheir beleive this or you dont ethereal. make up your mind. he fucking knew what would happen. dont pretend he didnt know his faith wasnt going to be broken. and if he didnt, he is NOT all knowing.

35yrs • M •
ha ha

39yrs • M •
quote:
bull shit. god knows all. you etheir beleive this or you dont ethereal. make up your mind. he fucking knew what would happen. dont pretend he didnt know his faith wasnt going to be broken. and if he didnt, he is NOT all knowing.

I never said that I believe God knows all. In fact I stated before that God does not know all things. This is not due to lack of ability but rather the choice to not remember. God can know all things but He is not forced to know everything. You insist that God is a weak being and therefore subject to the types of mistakes that humans would make.

35yrs • M •
Memory and thought are tangible, such things cannot exist within a trully omniscient creature. You seem to believe that your senses are absolute. Yet you I am sure have been wrong at times... and so your senses are faulty. But God's are not... whats the difference?

As for choosing not to remember... lol keep comming up with that shit and I'll keep telling you your and idiot then have to explain why.

The Problem of Evil - Page 12
  6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy