Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Problem of Evil - Page 14

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think we only really have a choice if we are aware. Notice that you actually like it somewhat when you are sad or angry, it makes your sense of self more defined. When you learn to see the little egoistical habits that you have, that is when you can truly stop being angry or sad, then you can choose. There is no point in being angry, no point in being frustruated or sad, it does nothing, it changes nothing. Nothing can cause you to be happy or sad, you yourself cause your emotions, no external influence makes you sad, if you want you can be at peace et every moment it depends on you.
So I guess no, we have a limited choice, you can keep on repeating your mistakes withought even realizing you were wrong, you will try to explain your actions, try to make them right, but you will only have choice when you become aware of bigger things in life, and above all, when you become aware of yourself.

We always have the choice to be mature, to rise above our personalites and petty arguments, and if we truly get mature, then we have made the choice, we have decided to step in the right direction. People remain children their entire lives, and while they refuse to become aware of themselves and their actions, they remain children with little choice.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes angel, I agree with you. I have three points.

First lets go wider. "The pharse, if only I was one of them, I could help" srings to mind, the saying 'to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep themselves'. If you wish to help others, then, you will need some form of outward connection if their inner connection to you is somehow blocked by being unnatural, essentially confused.

Secondly, deeper. Following on somewhat, is that are we really individuals? or are we all products of some unit, infinity, unmanifest, peace, but the point is that in truth we are all 'God'? Both, even. The point here is; is essence a unit or is it composed of many individual points? Is it a flow of units or just a flow? Hope this makes sense. Another way of looking at it would be are their spirits, or is there just spirit?

Thirdly, as a tangent ot the second point; I've heard it said, me myself and I, referring to whatever is talking, doing, analysing, etc. There maybe mutliple 'you's' but manifestations of yourself and/or other 'selfs'. To try and be simple; the point is are 'YOU' actually the doer; or are 'YOU' not the doer?

Food for thought.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
Ultimately, essentaly only One thing exists, or rather, only One, because it's not a thing. You can call it God, your soul, your true self, ultimate reality whatever. We are all parts of one soul, one God, and only through our personalites and fake sense of 'I' does division between us and the rest of the universe occurs. The purpose of Life is to learn, no matter how we do it, no matter how we experiance it. That is how God becomes richer, that is how existence becomes more beautiful. There are other worlds apart from physical manifestation, and the Source/God/True self/Spirit experiances all of them.

The third point that you made is actually the base on which all of spirituality stands, discovering who and what we are, asking what is it that actually hears, that actually sees and smells, thinks and feels emotions, is it an enitity or not. When this question is answered you will have discovered life and attained enlighnment.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"When this question is answered you will have discovered life and attained enlighnment."

Will enlightenment be matched when all, and one, feel we, one, all, is enlightenment?

The word 'you' represents to the attachment you have for your sense of 'I' reflected in your concept of 'me'. Third party talk.

Very deep here. But, if, and its a big if because its mere speculation, the more you gain pure feeling, the more you understand. From this point I have two alternatives; either I am and will become everything or I am nothing. This is the same conclusion drawn exactly as on the surface of ignorance. This is the heart of faith; theistic or atheistic. Whether you use the word God or not (as in theistic or atheistic), the concept is beyond words. Will the whys ever be answered. It does seem that the more you undertsand why, not just in words, but in every way imaginable, the more you have become more than just the remit of the space your mass and its actions occupy, and more.
quote:

quote:

""No words""
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wrote a book, it didn't do very good, but I did write one, and in that book I explained that if you had a dark room next to a lighted room with a door in between and you open that door, the light from the lighted room will enter the darkened room, however the darkness from the dark room will not enter the lighted room.

I can't explain the purpose of that dark room, but I do know if you fear it and leave the door closed, it remains dark.

Dark rooms are caused by closed doors.

Life teaches us things, but, life also creates dark rooms, and we need to always search these doors out and open them.

I can't say though that I know the purpose of those dark rooms.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
well said okcitykid, ignorance ceases to exist if you shower it with love/understanding.

quote:
I can't say though that I know the purpose of those dark rooms

Withought the dark rooms lighted rooms would cease to exist.

quote:
I am and will become everything or I am nothing.

Wheather you are everything or nothing is essentially the same thing. When you become nothing, when you are free from your personality, that is when you discover the true nature of reality, when you discover God, and you become everything, as everything is God and you are God.
You don't 'become' anything. You don't become one with the universe or God, you already are. You already are the highest Truth, you already live in God, you just have to be able to see it.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm . . . awareness of the true nature of self, we separate ourselves from GOD so it is written. As we come toward oneness with all things, we become aware of our connection to (plural) GOD.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
The Problem of Evil - Page 14
  6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy