Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is America playing with fire ? - Page 5

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The state of Israel, which was made at the end of WWII, and is currently fighting Palestinians and all that. The "nation" not recognized by many countries whose boundaries are still in negotiation to this day. Most negotiations being handled with bombs and guns.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From what I understand, Israel as a nation of israeli's, before the 1948 War of Independece, has not existed for thouisands of years. Israel was the proclaimed property of various Arab nations. Backed by the U.S., makeshift Israeli armies occupied (and were later forced to defend) what was now partitioned as Israel. I also heard that during the conflict Israeli forces proceeded to battle beyond the boundaries set by th U.N. and invaded and occupied Lebanon, forcing the people out of their homes and off their land into camps on the banks. That's why the Lebanese have been so pissed off. Also, Judaism and Islam share the same ancestral lineage and history, both being Son's of Solomon and Abraham...So Israel is considered a sSacred Holy Land for the muslims as well...Quite a mess!

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" and closer than ever to a one world government. "
Whatever. Its going to be a LONG TIME before that happens. There are more and more independent countries every day as old ones are cut into little pieces.

The only place which is unifying is Europe. And even then it is SLOW and certainly won't spread to the rest of the world any time soon.

I would say: we are farther then ever to one world government.

"
Although I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by Israel being created under horrible cercumstances....Israel has been around for 1000's of years....."
Israel has been around for 50 years. FIFTY. Until WW1 there had been no jews in palestine for almost two thousand years! The fact that the jews reclaim the land now is as morally bankrupt as, say, if native americans were to try to reconquer north america.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Israel's name used to be Jacob .....

Jacob ( Isaac's son) was later named Israel.........The tribes of Israel go back 1000's of years.....Judah was Israels (Jacob's) son . One of twelve sons.

and later Israel was divided into 12 tribes because their numbers grew so large....you can view the land they occupied......in the Bible...so what are you saying? They didn't occupy this land?

Judah later was one of the names of the 12 tribes........( the israelites)

Jesus was born in the tribe of Judah......

they finally became a nation in 1948.....

I better not respond in this thread anymore....looks like it might start a war......

One final note.....the truth has helped me make total sense of this world...and I'm very grateful....My apologies if I offended anyone....

I might check out that religios thread though......

"life is good! But sometimes the world gets in the way"
 46yrs • M
Tootsie, don't be turned off by aggressive talkers, not that I see anything wrong or aggressive about these, yours, or my posts, except when I'm in a hurry.

If there is minor factual details out of order feel free to educate, however the gist of what we are saying is just as real and relevant to what you are talking about.

As for the distance of a one world government, I disagree, the reason has nothing to do with the unity of the nationals but the nations governments and more importantly the corporate and banking aspects which are the basis of rule of law anyway. Its what buys politicians and funds laws in their favor.

The other problem with the idea of new independant nations is the same problem with the old new indy's, if they do not conform then our CIA or Europe's or Israels or even Pakistan's covert ops make them. By inciting and funding coups or just murdering people, and usually all of the above.

The only other true attempt at freedom from this globalization, which as I stated is more easily seen when looking to the source of the power instead of figureheads and speeches, is currently being called terrorists. Be it Jihadists that unfortunately have many good reasons for being angry, or Americans desperate to hold on to freedom and liberty and justice for all, and the notion that killing doesn't solve but creates problems.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Israel's name used to be Jacob ...

Yes, I agree many people don't think of the family (extended family => tribal relationship).
The Christian Church is not the building but the congregation => tribe, people not the land/mass of their habitat.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
CIA Refuse To Release Nazi Papers

WASHINGTON, Jan. 30 (UPI) -- The CIA refuses to provide documents sought by the U.S. government under a law requiring disclosure of classified records related to Nazi war criminals.

http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/01300000aaa01226
.upi&Sys=siteia&Fid=FRONTPAG&Type=News&Filter=Front%20Pag
e

46yrs • M
CIA Officially Admits Iraqi WMD Program Ended In '91

Los Angeles Times | February 1 2005

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2005/010205ciaadmits.htm

46yrs • M
Ocala third-graders avoid prosecution over drawings

Ocala Star-Banner | February 03. 2005
By RICK CUNDIFF

OCALA - Two third-graders arrested on felony charges of making threatening drawings of a classmate in their special education class at Wyomina Park Elementary School will avoid criminal prosecution under a plan offered by the State Attorney's Office.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2005202030335

Letting terrorists off easy I say.

This follows along with a string of reports covering things like, grade schoolers actually being strip searched at school, taser potrals, and the infamous cameras by the school in locker rooms for god's sake. I feel safer knowing that our schools strip search toddlers and priciples make sure no creeps are in the girls shower, he is very watchful, just don't expect him to be able to type or answer a phone while securing the area.

Taser usage is in a crazy incline, along with that of course are taser deaths, these things aren't simply harmless, and now they are gonna zap your kids too.

Its all over the country in local news.

46yrs • M
BBC - America Is Now The
Ultimate Prison State

One in every 150 American Citizens is in jail, with 5% of the World's Population, the US has 25% of the World's Prisoners, making the leading jailer in the world (even the countries they liberate jail less of their population).

46yrs • M
Words from President Reagan

You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down -- up to man's age-old dream -- the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order--or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2005/050405realconservative.ht
m

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We've all been playing with fire since we were born..

and i have to ask you leftwood, are you ever happy? i mean if all you do is worry about this stuff then why do you even want to live.. it's so depressing it makes me want to just give up and die.. it seems as though you spend so much of you'r time focusing on these problems of the world that you have lost sight of your own life..

what do you do for fun??

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 46yrs • M
Don't be silly, all you see of me is these postings, and only the postings you see.

Here.

http://www.gnomenetwork.com/profile.php3/pid=3046

Besides, this is just info not enough people focus enough on, your seeing a string of crap, good and bad happens all the time at all times, we just need to enjoy the good and take out the trash.

This shouldn't depress you, at this point it might be sensible for it to worry you but, it really should make you want to do something about it, or figure out just what to do about it.

Shit, some people get a laugh out of it, go figure.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
haha okay sorry.. you have some really good drawings

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 46yrs • M
No problem, and thanks

Is America playing with fire ? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy