Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is America playing with fire ? - Page 4

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alright fine, what if another country's values are:
- giving women no rights, giving them a life of submission, poverty and dependencee
- systematically mutilating women's sexual organs so that they become incapable of pleasure
- should sudanese arabs be allowed to exterminate their blacks because their values demand racial and religious purity

Do you think other countries should be allowed to have these sorts of values?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DT, did you know that America's government admitted to taking young poor women and taking out their uterus. Did you know that our world leaders have been solidly accused of raping children, even killing them, though only a few people not in the White house actually went to jail over it.

Do you think stealing the wealth of your own nation and that of the world and keeping it confined to a small population is just and honorable as people starve, not because they are lazy but because they are treated like slaves?

These are the actual values being pushed, not the rhetoric of known liars and thieves.

Women didn't have much in the way of rights here either till however long ago, and both sexism and racism is still a problem.

And the possitive steps that were established and finally tried to be given to all in terms of liberty is being destroyed on a daily basis.

We need to have America's values re-evaluated, or re-established before even thinking of imposing them on others.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
I am not saying we can screw anyone. I am saying that its hypocritical to say that we can *never* impose our values on others.

46yrs • M
Ah, I think I see, devil's advocate, I see no problem with wanting people to be good to people, I just can't say that that is what American foreign policy or even national policy prescribes.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
Certainly American policy is dubious right now... But then, no one can argue that the Iraq war is currently being PROFITABLE. No way will the oil we get out of Iraq ever be able to compensate the billions of dollars in aid and the one billion $ a week being spent in Iraq.

If the war isn't profitable, its hard to argue that the war was basically selfish. It can still be wrong, but I doubt it is selfish.

46yrs • M
Well there you go, a very good point and question, one I would hope everyone would ask.

But you are quite wrong, war is profitable, you are missinterpreting or confusing the country's debt with the Bush's or any other major corporation involved with the military industrial complex's profit.

You apparently are missing the oh so important point that anyone supplying anyone in a war with metal and weapons is profiting from it.

Haliburton is obviously oil based (but not exclusively), however The Carlyle Group is almost purely weapons manufacturing, who was involved with both the Bush's and Bin Ladens. Which Bush Sr. still is a rep. for.

Untill you understrand what a corporate criminal is and does this will sound like gibberish, education is the only thing that can help or save us.

Big corporations aren't known for helping people but getting ahead of others that they manage to be more ruthless than.

This is the only legacy the Bush's have to offer.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 37yrs • M •
Its possible Bush is merely proving Marxism right and doing it for the motivations of his class. Certainly its a factor. But its not like he wants the US to fail, that would not bring him any good.

56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I've been reading a few articles on the "illuminati" lately....and seems to me that since WW1 the world has slowly being integrating a "system" that is very simular to Hitlers.......we are losing our rights!....ironic isn't it...that a war was fought for freedoms.....only to see them slowly etched away....sometimes so slight that some don't even notice....

In the book of "revelations" (last book of the Bible) we were warned about some of the future events that we would see in our particular generation......

from my point of view....(after 22 years of studying propheciy) ....the stage is set for a World leader (antichrist) who will inevitably fool most people into thinking he is "God" himself....the question is...who could it be...

I don't know why I feel the way I do about the States....but I know for sure it's not because of the American people themselves....The polititians are the only ones responsible for that......protectionism has caused many countries...including Canada...(their closest neighbour) to be very suspicious of American policy makers.....The problem most countries have....is that they have become dependant on exports to the U.S. to uphold their our economies.....BIG MISTAKE.....now they have a BOSS....and the President of the U.S. knows the power he holds....will he continue to take advantage of his position....? And inccur further hatred? Or most important will he be able to hold it?

Revelations confirms...we will have a one world leader....one world economy......and a one world religious prophet..(false prophet) these three will gain much power...
(here's some homework for you.....what does the inscription on the back of the U.S. dollar bill actually mean?) inscibed around the pyramid?

The book of "Daniel" in the old testament goes into greater detail in regards to these "end time" events......

seek and you shall find.

Christians believe that through the saving grace (GRACE means- undeserved ...it's a gift) of their Lord Jesus.....they will be spared the coming wrath.....in an event called the "rapture" (taken away) Look in the Book of Thesalonians....(Bible) NT .....in there it talks about the dead rising first...and those who are yet STILL ALIVE...will rise to meet the Lord in the air....this is the rapture that will cause Christians to disappear in an instant....

Christians also are told that they are servants of Jesus...and are willingly used to hold back the "evil" in the world by the power of the Holy Spirit that is freely given at the time of conversion.

With this in mind....the rapture would mean the Holy Spirit is NO LONGER here to hold the "evil" back...all hell will break loose on that day....The most interesting thing Christians are told...is that this world leader (antichrist will NOT be revealed until the rapture occurs...other wise...Christian would recognize him and warn everyone who he is...

So...in the mean time...As Noah cried to the people before the flood....."get your souls in a safe place"...then world events will have new meaning....(the big picture)

"life is good! But sometimes the world gets in the way"
 46yrs • M
"I don't know why I feel the way I do about the States....but I know for sure it's not because of the American people themselves....The polititians are the only ones responsible for that......"

I understand and agree with this for the most part, though it may not be the direct fault of the people of America or the world, it is up to those people to realize what is happening and do something about it.

The dollar has the date 1776 and the phrase "A new order of the Ages" or something to that effect.

37yrs • M •
How the hell do you know the revelations are intended for our generation?

Second, why do you believe an old book? It is in serious need of a revised and up-to-date new edition.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
An old book in serious need of revising? Ya right, lets rewrite all old text & manuscripts to reflect modern precepts & politically correct so not to offend anyone.
Wonder what Cantiberry Tales would be like? No more obsure languages to have to wade through as assigned reading . . great idea!
quote:
do you know the revelations are intended for our generation
We could change our attitudes (value system) which might postpone our demise?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
Though I feel it presumptuous to assume revelations or whatever to be referring directly to now or very soon, because that has been said for over a thousand years, however, we are still marching ever closer, and closer than ever to a one world government.

And Bush's devout followers do treat him like a Holy savior, besides making me want to laugh and puke simultaneously, that doesn't bode well for where things are heading in relation to prophecy.

Which also means that others have a very different idea of what a Savior or Jesus is or was than I. Like McTex saying Jesus might actually be happy with the war in Iraq

56yrs • F •
tootsie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I often wonder ....if... a person who has not recieved this "gift" I was talking about....could get a correct interpretation of the Bible....I can tell you in my case....I read the Bible when I was a NON Christian and couldn't understand a word of it...to me....just reading it brought a little comfort....but I didn't understand what I was reading....

It was only when I ...by faith....accepting what I was...and asking forgiveness of this thing called sin...that according to the Bible is what has been inbedded in every soul who was born on this earth...(from the time of Adam and Eve) and asked the Lord to come into my life...That I started to understand that book. It took me some time to understand why that was....

The way I can explain it is....If you believe the Bible is writen by inspired individuals then it would be safe to say....the language is "Spiritual" ....therefore how would a person be able to interpret the language without the spirit interpreting it for you...

I'll give you a simple example....If I can't speak french and I'm in Paris....how can I communicate without an interpreter? The sound of the language is beautiful even soothing....but I don't know what they are saying. The same goes with the Bible....without the Holy Spirit in you to interpret this spiritual language...there is no understanding.

To answer your question about our particular generation....

A certain prophecy was fulfilled the DAY Israel became a Nation....that was back in 1948......This was predicted by a GOD inspired prophet in OLD TESTIMENT times.....many years ago....those who are born from 1948 (this particular generation) were to be the generation that would see these days come to fruitation....It says ....this generation will not pass away until these things come to be.......

46yrs • M
The problem with written prophecy especially in relation to religion, is that people can and will try to make it happen, Israel was created under horrible circumstances and currently spits in the face of all reason and humanity, Israel is currently the anti-holy land.

Is that what was prophesized.

See, you are right (to a degree) about people not understanding things untill told how, unfortunately what that tends to mean is believing what that person or group wanted you to believe rather than what should be believed.

But people learn language and human nature every day with or without instruction, just by being there and figuring it out. We are designed to adapt.

If god wants to clear the air, he has all the tools necessary to end this confusion and lack of trust.

There are religious threads if you would like to take that issue up with people.

Now, on this subject in relation to the thread topic, I want to ask you something.

Are you a person who would work for or against Armaggedon happening. Keeping in mind of course that besides the saving of souls and damning of many more, this entails killing pretty much everyone on the planet.

What I'm not too fond of is those who would prefer to allow evil and corruption to persist to fulfill prophecy, and quite frankly, as part of my own interpretation of the bible and god's interesting way of dealing with sin, prophecy etc. I've come to a conlusion that God is probably testing people, however, the test is for people to try to keep the end of the world from happening, because while we allow this evil and corruption, we are guilty of it as well, and that is why there will be so little people saved in accordance with that 114,000 number or whatever it is.

I think as long as we follow like sheep a leadership of liars and thieves, we will be damned. People can preach and even give, but as long as we allow and even coddle the source of the problem, we spit in the face of god and humanity.

War is neither love nor the solution to peace, defense may be necessary but offense is the closest thing to evil I've ever seen, especially offense based on lies and deceit. If other nations actually respect you, defense is more than enough.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 56yrs • F •
Oh ....Ya...Hey I'm sorry I was just making a point about the U.S.

It kind of lead to this.....

Although I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by Israel being created under horrible cercumstances....Israel has been around for 1000's of years.....

Is America playing with fire ? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy