In the chemistry of love one plus one is everything and two minus one equals nothing - rudra_tatvamasi
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is America playing with fire ? - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No one messes with Boulderites, dude.
You damn right.
Democracy is non-existent.

And I'm right,
so I'll go riot outside right now about it.
In the freezing cold.
In my underwear,
with warrior paint.

*grins*

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I keep getting the feeling that right about now is the best opportunity to really try to take hold of getting some honest answers out of people, the biggest fight is over in that the president never has to worry about being elected again, as president anyway.

And I know there is great worry and skepticism to Iraq in particular, but the thing I hate is that people see this line of questioning as purely against bush or america, instead of the honest concern of making large mistakes, of fear of flagrant abuse of power and manipulation in the name of god and the american people.

And remember, they are concerns that no one will dispute are in need of concern, but asking questions and finding answers won't destroy the government unless it is all bad. And thats not what I believe. But I do believe that America is getting unbalanced in itself and in the world and either we need to balance our selves or the world will have to. And they will, for better or for worse.

Now I know I get tired of hearing the news from the news and the white house, just because I can't tell if anything is real or lies anymore. Its all sensationalism and fear propaganda. What I am interested in is hearing the accounts of the individuals involved, hopefully with facts, but who knows for sure, I can't say.

Side note: there is a difference between a smear campaign and a search for truth, do not be turned off by the search for truth just because its bringing up real dirt, and looks therefore like a smear campaign. If people are "dirty" no smearing is necessary.

This is one of many documentaries taking a pattern, when reviewing white house and right wing conservative arguments to issues like Iraq you get one fairly consistent themes, and when reviewing the source of the white houses information you get and consistently conrtasting argument. I find this pattern significant. Now, I may just be missing out on all the CIA testimony that corroborates Bush on Iraq, so please post anything to the effect of seemingly substantially arguing what is in this linked free online documentary, should you have an hour to ever check it out, or skim through.

http://www.independentmediasource.com/video2/uncovered.htm

Some of this next site is bound to be pure anti bush, I haven't checked it all out, but hopefully there is some good info to be had of it all, I just saw the Outfoxed thing recently and it was informative and is making some news, check it out if you are interested in Right Wing Media bias issues, specifically FOX and Ruper Murdoch. A story that is scary how fitting it is to the Dubya era.

http://www.independentmediasource.com/video.htm

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
America's on crack.
That's what it's been playing with, mind-altering addictive and also quite illegal drugs.

I have a conspiracy theory that drugs are illegal to excite people on the thrill that the black market exists - they dope themselves up, and the government's got a population of droned and controlled citizens it doesn't have to worry about because they're too fucked up to vote or do anything politically moving!

That was a very thoughtful post though, lefty, I'm just friggin' PISSED right now because it's 7:30am and my cat decided to use my sleeping body as a launch pad with his claws and left me with a scarred knee and waking up in a scream. I just feel like kicking that bastard, but he has such a short memory span it wouldn't accomplish anything because he already forgot he's inconsiderate and pretty stupid.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tell it to them, Astarte. Democracy? that is good for a laugh.
quote:
of fear of flagrant abuse of power and manipulation in the name of god and the american people.

You forgot democracy, remember the USA is in Iraq to free the people so they can become a democratic state or (US)territorial possession

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
"No doubt they are arrogant, or perhaps even imperialist. However, unless they create another 10 patriot acts, then its not fascism."

Well, Part two is law now, three is on the way, we have a new presidential lap dog in some form of control over all intelligence agencies. And whatever else I'm too worried about to think straight enough to remember.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that furbuggy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Even though I belive it is flase, lets say for a moment that everyone's vote really did count in an election. Okay now what does that really mean? Well since we don't have a "true democrocy" but rather a "republic". What does our vote mean? We can pick who we want to pick dissions for us. Basicly we only have 2 parties worth much at all, so we can pick between 2 people who desides what freedoms we have.
When you brake it down to that it's not too great after all is it? It is kind of hard to see why people take such pride in a choice between 2 people who might do what you want them to do.
But that's not enough, I mean we still have some freedom, though it is a small amount. So it is still a republic right? Well from what I have learned, which isn't much but I think is still a sizable amount, we have been losing more and more freedoms ever since this country was started. But all the while it seems the parties are coming closer and closer together. There aren't many diffrences between republicains and democrats any more. There used to be, but now really they all are on the same side of everything, just with diffrent reasoning. You ask a republicain and a democrat if they support gay marriage. Both answer "no", who cares why they do, all that matters is that they do. So as our freedoms shrink and the parties become one we have fewer and fewer choices. I want to see an argument supporting the idea that this is a democrocy, in 20 years when there is only 1 party on the ballet, or even in 12 when both stand for the same thing on all topics.

Democrocy? I think not!

"don't worry, be happy, otherwise people will worry about you"
[  Edited by furbuggy at   ]
 33yrs • M •
man am i a thred killer or what? no one ever replies.

46yrs • M
Na, its probably because no one could argue the point. That and people aren't talking about politics anymore, maybe after the holidays, I'm more ampted then I was before the election, but thats because I've been doing some research, and dear god is it a mess.

I'm basically left talking to myself here too, so no worries.

I can't help but think of how well this game was played to get the highest voter turn outs ever and complete silence within weeks of the election.

Like in the Northwoods documents, disasters create a wave of indignation among the people. So sheeple we stay.

46yrs • M
Ok, this information is no where near new, here is a very simplified and direct way to look at it, as per 1946

http://www.archive.org/stream/Despotis1946/Despotis1946_256kb.mp4

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Received a book for Christmas,
Differences
Bible vs the Koran
by Ben J. Smith
After a brief skimming, I found it highly questionable as to why they sent such a book to me? NO, I don't totally see things differently from the author but I was left with a feeling that he left a lot inaccuracies unstated.
Not having given it a full reading & studing it, the obvious tone of anti-muslim religion inditive of psuedo-christian morals.
Raising such questions as:
Is Islam the kind loving caring religion it claims to be?
Is Allah the same god as the God of the Bible? (note use of capitalization)
Is Islam able to peaceful coexist with the other religions of the world?
Is Islam a political force hiding behind the religion of Allah? I think he is claimming they use their robes of righteousness to cover over their own waywardness?
quote:
What I am arguing is the supreme arrogance with which the current administration, and even some sides of the democratic administration, carry themselves on the world stage. The "our way or the highway" attitude that assumes we are on the side of right 100% of the time and the supposed enemy are on the side of the wrong 100% of the time. They seem to be blind sighted to the fact that much of their Christian right wing rhetoric stems from the same source as Islamic fundamentalist rhetoric.

The author of this book should look to himself & his own religious beliefs, especially the last one first & give account of christian waywardness (the lie) they put before Christ? Are not the actions of those calling themselves Christians just as unworthy of acceptance (untruthful) as those of Muslims or Jews? I did find a section based on the CIA documents so I will read those sections with particular care. A lot of his view may be based upon deceptions & outright lies!
Amazing what a set of double standards can become acceptable to people?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
So, on the mews the other night I was listening as they reminded me that (if I remember correctly) that afghanistan has been the world leader in exporting opium/heroine for some time now, but that now that since the main part of the war, we still have troops there, this production has raised 900%.

Then they say how the government's don't want to just destroy it chemically or bombing it, because it makes up most of the countries revenue. They said that.

They didn't however mention that we bombed most stores hospitals and general work places in the country leaving them nothing else to do, but I would venture to guess that the people would have been more likely to have raised crops or something, though perfectly logical that they may just go the drug route. Which also depends on fertility after war, if real crops were bombed especially with any type of chemical or radiocactive material, heavy metals and what not, crops may not be an option, where these others still grow regardless if not even purposefully spared.

This is not unfeasable due to America and Europe especially but everyone else making money off of heroine. And the problem is of course corruption in this area plain and simple.

But my added skepticism comes from the various points like them not being dependant to that degree before hand, so their logic is completely misleading and self serving, self serving because of the seemingly proven CIA drug trade of past and present with main drugs consisting of Cocaine and Heroine, and the general fact that we still run their government and between CIA and Pakistani ISI we behold the creators of both the taliban and al-qaeda. And we know that the tribes in any form of power are the tribes we backed to take out the taliban, which there are apparently numerous reports on 1000 key taliban being flown out of afghanistan before the invasion on US C130's.

But like I say a lot at the moment, the list just goes on.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
http://play.rbn.com/?url=demnow/demnow/demand/2004/nov/video/dnB20041109
a.rm&proto=rtsp&start=45:02.00

Economic "Hitmen". More of the big scam, learn how we destroy 3rd world countries "legaly" and economically.

This equates to GLOBAL 3rd world SLAVERY. Problem is, we're running out of 3rd world countries to enslave, guess what that means.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 33yrs • M •
Time to take over 2nd world countries!

46yrs • M
That's kind of like the Exorcist Movies, I'd heard 1 and 3, but never 2, (untill later but that ruins my story so ignore it.)

Who are the second world countries?

46yrs • M
Listen to the source, we do want to know what is really going on right?

'I killed innocent people for our government'

Alex Jones interviews former Staff Sergeant Jimmy Massey who has come out and told the world, 'I killed innocent people for our government'.

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/audio/052104massey.htm

There is audio, or articles, read, listen, learn. There is a big problem.

Is America playing with fire ? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy