If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Video Games

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Video Games
Ya know, thumb blisters, carpal tunnel, destroyed relationships, broken controllers, and an endless fascination with collecting everything you can get your greedy little hands on.

For the love of the game indeed.

I am a child of the 80's, my parents were TV/HBO and video games. I tell ya, its a wonder I'm not 300 pounds.

But with the rate of change in technology, following the life and evolution of video games has been fairly consistently exciting.

I personally love all different kinds of games, from sports to MMORPG's, what I play tends more to depend on whats out and how many friends I have at the time that play.

What are your favorite games and experiences, what sticks out and what made you want to kill.

How many times have something happened to make you look like this

and this

I didn't see a video game thread so here is this.

Right now, I'm looking forward to Halo 2, Half Life 2, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and lots more really

I'm playing an MMORPG Called city of heroes, its pretty good.

I most recently enjoyed Psy-Ops the mindgate conspiracy

So what can I claim to probably be the most fun I've ever had playing, probably have to say Goldeneye right now, the multi player concept is so much fun.

So what about you?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
What kind of game is sacrifice?

I loved mario kart but goldeneye trampled it eventually for my top multiplayer, and ya I really like starcraft and some command and conquer types. once again for multiplayer, star wars galactic battle grounds was fun and is a good choice for fans.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
took a look, thanks I think I'm gonna have to check that out.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
recently i have been playing Star Wars Battlefront. as far as one player goes, it is lacking quite a bit. the AI never knows what the hell its doing, you pretty much have to take on half an army by yourself (no exaggeration). but the galactic conquests are fun (especially with a friend). and although i havent played it online, i would venture to guess that that is where this game truly shines.

the whole GTA series is great. i am a fan of Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat myself (cant wait for Deception!). also Resident Evil 4 is looking pretty sweet, theyve revamped it so it looks like a whole new game almost. and then there is Final Fantasy 12 coming soon... games have been lacking lately, but i think we will see some great stuff pretty soon.

oh and later on down the road there is the Zelda game which looks badass.

i was never a fan of Halo, but Halo 2 looks absolutely beautiful.

i will also be playing The Matrix Online as soon as that comes out, wish i could have been a Beta tester

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Super Mario Kart on the SNES are my most competitive games (ie, I have yet to meet anyone who can come close to challenging me...i've even won lots and lots of tournaments )

You are going down!!!! Not even Allah will save you know!!! thursday noon, your time is up!

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 46yrs • M
ah, i love a good internal power struggle.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Aaaah, days of the Sega MegaDrive and the MasterSystem with Alex the Kid in Wonderland built into the machine. those were the days

The days when you could never save the game, it was so hardcore, you had to complete it in the first go, or you lost, and even if you did win, it gave you a rubbish ending

It really was crap, but I do miss those days

My favourite game would probably either be Lemmings, Alex the Kid or the incredible Chuck Rock

Amazing.

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
 40yrs • M •
oh man... Lemmings was so cool!

*builds a massive ladder into oblivion*

46yrs • M
I remember having a 3-D application to my Sega Master system that was kinda fancy, run on wires and what not, and haven't seen the like since, I had a kina maze/platform game and even a light gun shoot the 3-D missiles shooting towards earth game.

And I was jelous of my uncle's genesis and Altered beast. Which I originally played in the local bowling alley. Ah nostalgia, you are the smell stale beer foot spray and greasy food, not to mention my grandma and her bowling league, yikes.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Altered Beast !!! i still have that somewhere as a cartridge for my MegaDrive

Incredible.

Was the Genesis the same thing as the MegaDrive ? I cant remember.

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
 46yrs • M
Dunno, not familiar with mega drive.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, Starcraft is incredible...so well made and perfectly balanced no matter what race you choose...I play it constantly

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 46yrs • M
I'm sure most of you have played soul calibur, for a lot of you that means that you own or did own at one time a sega dreamcast, what I ask is if anyone you remember or even played Power Stone? A 3D fighter, that you if you collected three power stones in the midst of the fight you beome a super version of your self, and they had one character that I swear turned into a supersayin, and had a giant energy ball for a a special attack and everything, I still love that game, wish I hadn't sold my system for some other crap new game thats long since come and gone.

40yrs • M •
heh... i own Powerstone 1 and 2

i really hope they make a third at some point, they were both great games. i think the makers of DBZ: Budokai ripped off the shop idea from them actually....

46yrs • M
Ok, here is a twisted classic that not everyone is familiar with, I actually questioned my sanity and my internal evil side while playing it.

The original Tecmo's Deception

Its a game where the story starts and you are a living the perfect life as a prince of a round table like kingdom about to be wed to the love of your life, and as you proud father the King comes to congratulate you on this and the return from some great journey of yours you see a sword appear in mid air and kill him, as guards rush in seeing the body of the king at your feet, things suddenly don't look so good, so after you are quickly taken away for the murder of the king as you have pre-existing motive in wanting the crown, you are promptly burned at the stake, good day gone just a little bad, so anyway, as the fire consumes you and pain reaches its threshold, you hear a voice, someone is telling you it doesn't have to end like this, they know you are innocent and you deserve revenge, I got chills, all you have to do is say you want it, and then I think it gives you an option screen. Pretty crazy so far huh, its an old PS1 game and so now the graphics are kinda lame but it runs smooth, and get this the story goes on and you find yourself in a house, that voice is telling you that there is someone in the house that is evil and dangerous and going to try to kill you, and all you can do is set up this trap and capture him. So you do, and then you kill him, well, by killing this guy you get this ring and what happens is you are then placed in some weird contract with a dark entity and confined to this house as a spirit, and there are these seven treasures this entity wants you to get to unlock the power you need for your revenge, the only catch is you can't get the treasures, only living people can, and people constantly try to rob this place cause its famous for being treasure filled and haunted, well you have to trap and kill these people with a slew of crazy traps (upgradable) and it is so cool, then when you kill people it gives you the option to take their soul which you can use to make golems and minions to fight too, how sweet is that? Then get this, super spoiler!!!!!!!!! Incase you must play this!!!!!! But if you don't care and just want to hear, What ends up happening is you get these treasures take them through this weird but cool mirror end up in space on a long cat walk to an alter in front of another gigantic mirror, every time you place an object on one of its spots, this gian crazy looking hand or foot would poke through and just stick out of the mirror, your like WTF?

And get this, before every band of theives comes they show you a cut scene, one had a dying little girl and the parents needed money to save her, so they were going to get the treasure, and so you are left with the choice of killing them, this is how the game makes you feel evil, its crazy, and then you later find you are the last of a bloodline who has trapped the devil itself in some alternate universe and realize that you are single handedly freeing him in this conquest

So what happens? Well, you get to the last artifact and it ask you if you want to banish him forever and never know the great power that could have been yours, or take the chance, unleash him and be the recipient of great power.

Well, I let him loose, I'm greedy, so I only know this ending, but what happens is, to free him they need a sacrifice and you are it, they killed me and then the devil was freed and destroyed the earth the end. Ain't that a bitch.

They even make you decide whether to kill your fiance or not, twisted fuckers, it was one of the coolest games and craziest experiences.

There have been a couple sequals I ended up with the second one, but they went from first person to third and it wasn't quite as good and stuff. Besides the graphics now, I still recomend the first one.

Video Games
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy