"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Video Games - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya know... the name of that game sounds really really familiar, im pretty sure ive never played it though... it was probably on my "i should really play that" list a very long time ago, and has since been forgotten about...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think I just rented on a whim, along with a rented system at the time, with no memory card, I couldn't turn it off, oh ya, everyone loved that.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
I think you would have been about 12 or 13 at that time too.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
How many times have you had, like many movies, loved a game then play a horrible sequal? Or the other way around one sucked then they finally figured it out.

I didn't even play devil may cry 2 cause I heard bad things, I know red faction was really good but 2 changed just the whole atmosphere and even made things worse, don't you hate that?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
13-14 sounds about right.... that was when i was waaaay in to everything i could get my grubby little hands on.

ever play Galarians? the first one was so great, filled with scary foes, tense music, beautiful graphics (for its time) and then the sequal was like "wow were they all high when they wrote the story? ...oh and whered the originality go? down the crapper with all the brain cells the creators must have lost on their hardcore drug binges..."

then there is Kingsfield, the first one i never even saw (im assuming it was almost total crap), the second one was very strange, but cool because it was different than other games. the third was when it started to really get good and the fourth just totally rocked! i really hope there is another one in the works!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
Well, for those who would like an opinion on the new game X-MEN LEGENDS, i've just rented it and have gotten some ways in so far I can say its pretty decent, graphics are ok, gameplay is fairly smooth, the cameraman needs to be shot, the story is actually good, mixing the comics with the movies and slowly introducing characters, the way they make use of the individual power sets and schemes is one of the things to work out rather nicely, from melee to ranged they compliment eachother well making you appreciate their differences.

The missions can be long and somewhat tedious, sometimes challenging, so far they managed to break up the game play enough to keep things a bit more interesting, the game is classified as an action rpg, with real time fights and ai driven squad based combat, with a super hero twist.

Voice acting and music don't make you want to commit suicide, patrick stewart voices xavier, they have many of peoples favorite characters, I think up to 15 eventually, so far I can use, storm, wolverine, ice man, rogue, nightcrawler, jean grey, cyclops, beast, gambit, and during non combat situations for now, I am exploring the mansion and xmen estate as magma a new mutant who has just been recued by the xmen from mystique and blob, magma is ehibiting phoenix like powers.

so far the main villains I've run into are mystique, toad, blob, pyro, marrow, and I know magneto is coming.

Its a little difficult at times, their are some annoying bugs with team movement and camera angles, but otherwise its pretty fun, good xmen stories and info, I can't wait to get collosus and angel, or archangel cause I'm pretty sure hes here, they have flash back scenes like when I fought Juggernaut, and they will put the characters in old costumes and stuff, its little things like that that make it super fan friendly. I recommend it but warn of some usual monotany, but with far better break ups in story presentation and flow. Can't say if its a keeper yet.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tend to waste a lot of Time on Americas Army. Its a fun game.
I also just started playing Call of Duty: United Offensive. This game is also loads of fun.

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My favoite game experiences.....

As with many of you there are a lot of games I really love. Being perhaps a bit older than most of you i have seen videogames from there there basic developments. When I was quite young I was quite excited about the origional pong games those were pretty cool but those consoles were very unreliable and it seemed every one had a broken one laying around. then came ATARI! wow that was fun many hours were spent playing combat ( see image below) frogger, pitfall, barnstorming demon attack amoungst many others!.
then came nintendo man that was quite a step ahead i loved Mario Bros. now I never owned a nintendo but waited around and picked up SuperNintendo now that console rocked! SNES was awesome I loved it- and man those things are built like tanks i still have my origional one it must be 16 years old now.... Any way i saw some folks playing ActRaiser man that game was awsome! its half platform and half city building very cool! and of course as time progressed things got better I loved Golden Eye of course man that is fun with multi player- we would always play single hit kills with pistols in the Temple that was a riot!

And of course into the realms of the PC i love Diablo 2 that is a great one. As well City of heroes is incredible!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh yeah but blowing people up, dropping mines and hitting the old nitro made it all worth it!
I love the midi soundtrack as well damn great game... few people know about this gem!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ssenfieri is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah, I'm currently loving on Halo 2, Socom II, and DDR. A sad addiction indeed...but hey, dance it up, right?

"Silly, far too silly."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
in general i hate video games.....with a few exceptions....hey,enjoy them if you like.....i hust dont get it

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like racing games like Downhill Domination and ATV Off Road Fury. You get to do really cool stunts and combination stunts.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Halo 2 anyone? ^_^

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
halo 2 rocks, one thing me and a mate of mine have in common is a love of games with co-op. they are so cool and halo (1an 2) has it.

another brilliant games is max payne, that game was just so cool, it had a brilliant story line, and the bullet time idea was just so cool, and so well done. the other thing that really suprised me was that i liked it despite how hard it was. i found it near impossiblee at times (as you may of guessed im not the best pc gamer) but even then i loved it.

also love jedi knight jedi academy. the different saber styles and types ruled, i also like the fact you have ranged weapons and a good melee weapon. no other game is like it. no other game is 3rd person with a melee weapon. other star wars games alway have that stupid from above view that is pathetic. it also has the variety of melee attacks that a fighting game does, while you are still able to run around. plus no other game has the force powers.

other good games include: deus ex, podracer, crimson skies, excitebike, and midtown madness.

i think the one thing that connects all these is that they have somthing unique about them. they are all just that bit different from the norm.

just on the end one of the best strategy games around has got to be cossacks, even though when you have a large army and full tech, the number of mins you find yourself with gets a bit ridiculous, you do tend to need about 2000 peasants down your mines, and a few hundred collecting other materials. though the mines are the worst, cos you need all of the things you mine, every time your units fire a gun or cannon or throw a grenade, but despite all that it rules as a game.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fav games of all time:
playstation- Metal Gear Solid. it dominates
computer- cossacks
- oh and gotta love Sim City- wot a classic

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
Video Games - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy