Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why is Prostitution Illegal? - Page 6

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
So it's just about getting whatever you want without having to give anything.

That is a retardedly innaccurate statement. You give consent, perhaps money, an experience just as much as one recieved.

If you mean sex without a binding long term perhaps legal commitment, sure. Which is not illegal.

quote:
How do you minimize the number of underage persons involved in the sex trade?

By keeping it from being an underground or black market that is more lucrative than a debt based society, ending a debt based society and adding some financial equality would do wonders as well.

Maybe get less preachers and nuclear families, and people in power to stop molesting children, or come to terms with the reality of human sexual nature and stop criminalizing it in general, past force of course.

Are you aware that the largest known and reported on sex trades today, including of children and primarily of boys, has been determined to be run by people of political office and power, from the church, U.N., and figureheads from all governments to the rich and famous.

These are the people with the power, money, and resources to have a covered up sex trade.

What tickles me is after all the Clinton hoopla, not a serious concern, espescially not morally, ever came from the widely covered Male prostitute frequenting the white house, before and after his unquestioned stint as a white house correspondent.

Hypocricy as thick as the skulls of those blindly advocating moral righteousnous.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Gross assumption. This is what you guys keep doing, erroneously and assumptively blaming prostitution for problems that have always existed. Problems that you are seriously over generalizing while arrogantly ignoring infinite variables of circumstance.

I understand that you feel strongly on this issue, leftwood, but take a little more time to understand what I wrote: I do not claim that prostitution is responsible for social problems. I do claim, however, that dangling the lure of a "sure thing" in front of a husband unhappy with his sex life is just as enticing as a commercial animating action figures for kids. The toy commercials are allowed, because the possibility of a toy causing harm is (in most cases) too much of a gray area, although there are a few legal limitations in that area as well. My point is that the probable effect (adultery) that legal prostitution will have in society, being that even married men think with their dicks, is not one that is healthy for the well-being of our children.

quote:
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
As far as prostitutes are concerned, those that do it for money are taking the easy route as well
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

Indefensible opinion.

On the contrary, I have spoken in-depth to enough people to base my claim on statistical fact.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 46yrs • M
quote:
My point is that the probable effect (adultery) that legal prostitution will have in society

You cannot take away a persons right, because of what you fear another "might" do, or what you fear might happen.

quote:
On the contrary, I have spoken in-depth to enough people to base my claim on statistical fact.

You have statistics on what is the "easy" route? That makes no sense, what is easy is an opinion based on personal perspective.

Your disregard for perspectives and existing realities other than what you choose to follow and believe is what I have a strong feelings about. You cannot weigh for all what is an easier path, especially in regards to subjects with high amounts of judgement, like homosexuality and prostitution, even more especially when that judgement is generally religion based.

Living through arrogant judgement is not an easy path. Therefore your "statistical fact" of an easy route is pure bubkiss.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 47yrs • M •
quote:
bubkiss

Okay, leftwood, you win... and your descriptive metaphors are hilarious, too!

In your spare time, though, spend some time (years) getting to know a couple women on the inside - women you probably don't already know. Find out what makes them cry when they go to sleep at night. You might just grow a sympathy bone.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 46yrs • M
quote:
You might just grow a sympathy bone.

Though it would be off topic, I'd like to know where you find me lacking sympathy, honestly, I see you lacking sympathy for anyone who wants to pick up a hooker or anyone who chooses to be one, you would like to make them all criminals and judge them as detriments to society, that's fairly unsympathetic, and I'm guessing even a reason why some women cry at night.

Go figure.

47yrs • M •
quote:
I see you lacking sympathy for anyone who wants to pick up a hooker or anyone who chooses to be one

Again, on the contrary, I have quite a bit of sympathy for women who choose to be prostitutes. Why don't you get to know a few of them on the inside.

46yrs • M
quote:
Why don't you get to know a few of them on the inside.

Excuse me, how is your desire to have these women judged and jailed sympathetic?

Why don't you meet some hookers who are making real money and see how they sleep at night. And see what they have to say about you considering them banes to society as well as criminals.

And if you are worried about why women cry at night, you could ask half the married women out there why they cry themselves to sleep, but I bet you still wouldn't want to outlaw marriage, and still won't feel too hot about an increase in divorce either?

Tommy, balance exists in all things, there is good and bad in all. Your ideal marriage has equally disturbing consequences as prostitution does great and wonderous outcomes, and vice versa.

Human mating rituals are not defined by your personal standards and beliefs.

Oh, and notice the one sided answer of your sympathy for hookers but not "Johns".

56yrs • M •
azaka90 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
leftwood are you some kind of sophist?
your words are fallacious

46yrs • M
Could you be a bit more specific?

What is false that is not a statement of opinion, which is of course not subject to such a classification.

Just claiming fallacy does not make it so.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
leftwood are you some kind of sophist?
your words are fallacious

?

Sophist (something Plato wrote)

fallacious (deceitful).

I haven't read Plato and you could have just said deceitful rather than make me use a dictionary.

You know that's interesting, if you can't get it up you can have sophi be fallacious, and you better pay for it, or do you expect to get it only out of love.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 59yrs • M •
boz222 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
...I have often wondered about this and other issues relating to things that individuals do which are only a concern unto themselves.....

I found a book quite by accident some years back which dealt with many issues about crimes and things illeagal but which affect only people who were consenting....sorry the title elludes me but the poits it made were good I thought. Basically, that if individuals want to participate in things alone or with other consenting individuals, that affect only themselves and do not harm the person, place(s) or things of others than it should be legal... sometime maybe I can find the title and author

PEACE,

boz222

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I was in Boot Camp an instructor taught us about freedom. He said, "You have the right to do whatever you want to do until your right to do whatever you want to do impairs someone elses right to do whatever they want to do and then there are laws to determine the right of way."

I wish what he said was really true, because that is the way it should be but unfortunately it is not. But it should be this way.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 44yrs • M •
Decimal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Beer and hookers, thats what life is all about.

"Fuck em."
 36yrs • M •
hard4long is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Maybe I should take OTB and turn her into a "cash cow". Prostitution is un-safe and it ruins marriges. How would you like finding out your boyfriend or husband bangged a whore.

"All are winners, all must have prizes"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everyone does what they want. Wether is legal or illegal or not. If you really want to do something, do it! Your choice is your choice. although i might not go along with prostitution but you make your choice so live with it.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
Why is Prostitution Illegal? - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy