Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The God Thread - Page 10

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We all see things through different eyes so we tend to see thihg differently>
1) Jesus came to fulfill GOD's Promise.
Although Israel had not their part of the covenent, He did.
2) Jesus came to live the life as man to lead the Way.
The Way we should be.
3) Jesus accepted the cup with tears of blood,
the Father had given Him to drink.
4) Time had come but half agin we recieved,
to gain the Truth which we could be!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

He gave us the freedom to enter heaven. Yes indeed. What a wonderful self sacrifice.......and ordeal he went thru for all of us.

We can mock him as they did in the time they crucified him....and he still forgives....if we ask of it. AMEN!

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

This is something I rarely here mentioned. In another scripture it says he sweat great drops of blood. But I think he did both, physically this is possible. When one is under a great deal of stress, your heart beat becomes rapid and your blood pressure goes up causing small corposels to break. He must have been under a lot of stress. Was he afraid of diieing? I don't think that was it. It was the manner of which he would die wittnessed by all who followed him who he loved dearly, they would all be turned against him. This was the most painful, and knowing of it before it accured. (my opinion)

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
He gave us the freedom to enter heaven. Yes indeed. What a wonderful self sacrifice.......and ordeal he went thru for all of us.
Strange I heard it in a different light?
That Jesus could have had the angels to come forth (as in breaking of the Seals) but that He layed down His Life that we might have a shining example to follow. that this age was His Gift to the World, that we may seek out the truth & live our Life in His Spirit? That Judgement Day wasn't taken Away but reather it was postponed for a Time.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Was he afraid of diieing? I don't think that was it. It was the manner of which he would die wittnessed by all who followed him who he loved dearly, they would all be turned against him. This was the most painful, and knowing of it before it accured. (my opinion)

I agree Ok.
He knew what he was to face...ALONE...and just knowing all he was to go through, was more than anyone could handle. He knew blow by blow...and He had to sweat out the challange also, to go thru with it.

quote:
that we might have a shining example to follow

He led by example, if that is what you mean, and he prooved his love for all....if thats what ya mean...but thru his death and resurrection, he came to bring SALVATION, in itself means being saved. Saved from what you ask?
Saved from the powers of death....and the powers of death are the absense of God. What is the absense of God? Hell.
What then would be life? Life in heaven with God. How can this occur? Through the death and resurrection of Jesus....the Christ ...Amen!

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
He must have been under a lot of stress. Was he afraid of diieing? I don't think that was it.

I think He was afraid as any man would be at the thought , knowing of what was to come. First Christ is a man of flesh & blood form of Jesus. (Caves: similar to the book?) GOD watched over Him but then so HE does for all? Jesus was singled out from the start but He (accepted) sought to serve GOD (free-will) otherwise He (Jesus) wasn't tempted.
quote:
Life in heaven with God. How can this occur? Through the death and resurrection of Jesus....the Christ ...Amen!
So what did you say happens when Christ returns?

64yrs • M •
You believe that Jesus died on the cross taking the place for our punishment for sinning. How God can sacrifice his ownself to fullfil his own judgement doesn't even make sense. Jesus portrays God as a good father. Would a good father sacrifice his son for the sins of another?

It's ok - you can believe what you want even if it is unexplainable and full of holes.

But why is believing this more important then simply living the life Jesus asked us to. Christians don't live the life Jesus asked us to, rather they simply believe that God the Father asked God the Son to sacrifice himself for our sins so we can go to heaven if we just have faith in this. As care takers of the earth, we don't have to bother caring anymore, Jesus covered it and our belief in this (faith) makes us righteous. I hope you're right.

37yrs • M •
GKR Warrior is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have decided to submit a question a freind of mine asked me...
Like me, he is not religious and we often spend our maths classes debating religion and comming p with proofs and disproofs. He came up with this question the other day, im keen to see what you come up with...

"If god is so allmighty, can he create a rock so large that even he cannot lift it?"

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling... but in rising every time we fall..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think your freind came up with that question himself, it was asked fifty years ago!
Can God create a rock so heavy that He himself can't lift it?
Well, first of all, material things are not real, so as God exists outside the universe, He must be able to lift it.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think your freind came up with that question himself, it was asked fifty years ago!
Can God create a rock so heavy that He himself can't lift it?
Well, first of all, material things are not real, so as God exists outside the universe, He must be able to lift it. Just as in a computer game you can lift a million ton rock with just a click, though it may be a different matter in real life.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
But why is believing this more important then simply living the life Jesus asked us to.
Christians don't live the life Jesus asked them to do! Believe with the works giving evidence of your faith is worthy not the mouthing of words.
So Iam with you on that one, OkCity.
quote:
How God can sacrifice his ownself to fullfil his own judgement doesn't even make sense. Jesus portrays God as a good father.
Ya, GOD is a strange being at that,
Jesus came in life to give His life in the world?
Seems strange but as it is written His Kingdom is not of this world . . .
but He had to Pass though this world in the manner He did,
in order to receive His inheritance in the Kingdom?

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For my religion, 'God' is the title that God gives himself. He actually has a name. And also, the God Head is the combination of the three figures, Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and the God. Sometimes it is taken that these figures takes the name of God as in being the God head.
And also, God speaks through Jesus or works through him. Like the Miracles that Moses or anyone else preformed. That work is only through the faith of God, and God decides if it will be done or not.

For me, there is a story that happened in heaven. God came to us with the plan of life and the free will that we can gain. Because in heaven, we had chopices, but we didn't know the difference between right and wrong becasue we were just spirits with a whole different look on reality. Then God asked for a volunteer. This person would be the second hand man to God, but he had to be perfect and do the atonement so we could be saved from our ill choices. That way, everyone can get back to Heaven, if they want. Well, our two spiritual brothers stand up, first Christ suggested himself to do the work, and give the grace of it to God. Satan said he would make everyone do everything perfect and not one sould would be lost, but the glory of it would have to go to him. We all know who God chose. And then Satan fought back in his rebellion, was cast out, and now causes havoc.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 72yrs • M •
Well, just as long as HE isn't telling you to go out destroying or in some manner causing the future destructive use of force?

64yrs • M •
I think I've heard something simaliar to that. That is one thing I like about the Morman church. You are allowed to have theories. Though the theory may not be supported by the church, you will not be counted as a heritic, unlike the Catholic Church that has banished a Priest for his theory of Christ Conciousness.

I believe that in the end, we all come together and become one. It is the actual salvation once we are complete. And that's what Jesus is. He is from a past salvation, and as such, is counted as our older brother. Someday we will become one and join him.

Cturtle has a point. An awful lot of hurt goes on in the name of truth. So I say, whatever leads to destruction is not truth but deception. But because the creater is truth, then whatever builds, creates and even heals, this is truth.

39yrs • M •
GodsServant is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Anybody ever wonder what the Fruit was in the beginning?

Adam and Eve's story was a parable.

The fruit was not actually a real tree but was symbolic of the actual meaning.

"GOD BLESS"
The God Thread - Page 10
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy