Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The God Thread - Page 7

User Thread
 1941yrs • M •
dogfleas_2750 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
GUESS WHAT GUYS SATAN EXIST AND HE HAS A KINGDOM AND THERE ARE RANKS OF AUTHORITY WITHIN HIS KINGDOM.

I AM A CHRISTIAN. AND CHRISTIANS KNOW THAT THE WORLD IS NOT RULED BY MAN, BUT BY SPIRITUAL POWERS. THEREFORE A CHRISTIANS BATTLE IS NOT OF THE FLESH; IT IS A SPIRITUAL BATTLE FOUGHT AGAINST SPIRITUAL BEINGS, NOT WITH CARNAL WEAPONS BUT WITH SPIRITUAL WEAPONS.

EPHESIANS 6:12 TELLS US "FOR WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD, BUT AGAINST PRINCIPALITIES, AGAINST POWERS, AGAINST THE RULERS OF THE DARKNESS OF THIS WORLD, AGAINST SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES."

SATAN IS KNOWN IN THE BIBLE AS THE "GOD OF THIS WORLD".

THE BIBLE TELLS US IN (II CORINTHIANS 4 "BUT IF OUR GOSPEL BE HID IT IS HID TO THEM THAT ARE LOST: IN WHOM THE GOD OF THIS WORLD HATH BLINDED THE MINDS OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE NOT, LEST THE LIGHT OF THE GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF CHRIST, WHO IS THE IMAGE OF GOD, SHOULD SHINE UNTO THEM.

JESUS ALSO REFERRED TO SATAN AS "THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD".

IN (JOHN 14:30) JESUS SAYS "HEREAFTER I WILL NOT TALK MUCH WITH YOU: FOR THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD COMETH AND HATH NOTHING IN ME".

GOD ALSO EXIST AND WE WERE MADE IN HIS IMAGE. HE IS SPIRIT. AND SO ARE WE. AND WE ARE TO WALK IN HIS SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE SPIRIT OF LOVE.

DEMONS ALSO EXIST AND ARE KNOWN IN THE BIBLE AS SWINE (PIGS) OF THE SPIRITUAL REALM, UNCLEAN BEINGS.

JESUS HAS DEFEATED SATAN. ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND EARTH REST IN JESUS, OUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

ALL WHOM JESUS EVER CALLED AND COMMISSIONED WERE GIVEN AUTHORITY OVER SATAN'S KINGDOM. (MATTHEW 10:1) - TO HIS TWELVE DISCIPLES- "AND HE GAVE THEM POWER AGAINST UNCLEAN SPIRITS TO CAST THEM OUT".

JESUS HAS GIVEN POWER TO HIS CHURCH TO BIND THE WORKS OF SATAN. (MATTHEW 16:18) "AND I SAY ALSO UNTO THEE, THOU ART PETER, AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH; AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT. AND I WILL GIVE UNTO THEE THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN; AND WHATSOEVER THOU SHALT BIND ON EARTH SHALL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN; AND WHATSOEVER THOU SHALT LOOSE ON EARTH SHALL BE LOOSED IN HEAVEN". WE CHRISTIANS ARE TAUGHT TO BIND THE WORKS OF SATAN IN JESUS NAME.

BINDING IS AN EXERCISE IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE WHEREBY THE ENEMY IS IMMOBILIZED. BINDING IS THE FIRST STAGE OF OUR SPIRITUAL WARFARE. JESUS EMPHASIZED THE PRIORITY OF BINDING: (MATTHEW 12:29) "OR ELSE HOW CAN ONE ENTER INTO A STRONG MAN'S HOUSE, AND SPOIL HIS GOODS, EXCEPT HE FIRST BIND THE STRONG MAN? AND THEN HE WILL SPOIL HIS HOUSE".

WE ARE TAUGHT TO IMMOBILIZE THE WORKS OF OUR ENEMY, SATAN. WHO IS A WICKED AND MALICIOUS ADVASARY.

AND WE ARE TAUGHT TO WALK IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD. THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, THE SPIRIT RIGHTEOUSNESS, THE SPIRIT OF LOVE.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually the greatest demon that you have to overcome is within yourself, first overcome him that you may know the truth and do as (AUTHORITY OVER SATAN'S KINGDOM. (MATTHEW 10:1) - TO HIS TWELVE) DISCIPLES of Christ.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dogfleas_2750 - When you write in capital letters that means you are shouting. Some Forums do not allow shouting. It's considered rude.

Thanks for offering your opinion, though I am sure you believe it to be fact. I will say that I have known a man who worshiped Satan and became a christian. And he would agree with you, as he also tried to teach me. Things I have seen have been convincing, but I still do not fully believe this. Humankind rules this earth. My interpretation of scripture is that we are the angle cast down which would make us Satan. There is no devil but ourselves.

Edgar Cayce believed that there were evil spirits and warns us. I do believe there is some truth to that theory.

Concerning Jesus - I can't call myself a Christian because I'm not sure what Jesus was, but I do believe that if we follow the teachings of Jesus we will do well. The scriptures I believe however are tainted and I don't give my full confidence in them. I let the word within be the judge.

This I do believe, like cturtle says, and all religions seem to say the same thing. We must dethrone ourselves, the ego that is now in control of our life must die and will when we are saved. In the meantime however while on this earth we struggle with ourselves, we struggle with the ego.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
OKcitykid, that may be the point the demons that were thrown out of heaven are the some de-MANs that rule the earth?

38yrs • M •
SirKohl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I personally believe in him, thats the way i was raised.. i believe there is a God that knows everything and decides what to do with our lifes and our purpose while we're alive.

"Live the day, like if it was the last one"
 72yrs • M •
yes but GOD gave us over to our waywardness because of our inability to trust HIM & do it HIS WAY (example: Jesus)
In rereading the thread, I would say that it was a pretty good discussion although certainly side tracted at times. Some interesting perceptions were given about believes about God. I am glad that having shared in these perceptions we may understand each other's belief, wheather there is a God or not.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
In genesis it says that God repented of himself because he created man. In the other scriptures that were not included in the bible it explains it further. The Spirit of God is refered to as a woman. And she consoles him explaining that he had planted seed and in patience if he waits he will reap truth. So he decides not to destroy man but instead takes her advice. I probebly don't have it worded correctly. It just helps you to understand things better and its too bad these other scriptures weren't included in the bible.

72yrs • M •
okcitykid, not to get on your case but on several occassions you made reference to a particular native belief (tradition) dealing with ants? As I am not familiar with the people nor this tale I had refrained from comment. I seached past statements but wasn't able to find your statements, although the last time I noted it seemed to used in regarding alien life? Which I wondered if you were useing it as a put down or simply didn't understand the belief?
Not knowing this belief I may be able to relate it to Lakota tradition which may help. First in the language translation the term ; gloss is used extensively. Native Tradition (society) and therefore language is based upon a different (system) way of thinking. Therefore the basic idealogy doesn't but remaotely resemble the western (european) perceptions.
The Lakota related to themselves as the buffulo notion or people, not because they are genetically related to that species but that as to honor the gift of life that they played in their lives. Which is one of the resons bounty was put upon buffalo encouraging the decline and near exstinction of the species.
Wakan Tanka is glossed as GOD or Great Spirit, Sunka wakan is glossed for horse meaning great dog. Not because of they be dogs but because they served the related function as pack animal or sled dogs in pulling wagons, etc.
Wanbli oyate, the eagle nation would include the giveaway eagle, the Thanksgiving turkey which we use to celebrate that Holiday.
In Native Tradition beings (pte) which access underground domains are given special spiritual signicants. The social structure of ants may well play apart in these tales just as monks in the fareast, studied the movements of the tiger, crane, etc to form the bases of Kung Fu, etc. Because the nature of animals formed graceful, yet effective movements with minimal effort.
So too much of Native Tradition is linked to His study of the natural being of his world.

37yrs • M •
beachboy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey i'm new to this forum so heres some stuff that was on my mind. I know i posted alot of this same one on a philosophies page but i added a bit more to it here.
I wanted to comment on some thoughts of the bible. Now i'm not a very religious person. well, let me rephrase that, I feel that i'm quite religious, but I am not a "church" person. I'm NOT saying that all religions are fake and that there is no god. I do beleive that there is some kind of god/creator/vibe/karma/alien/ or something out there that had to have started it all. I just do not feel the need to pay money to sit in a room and have some guy tell me that i'm a sinner. I know i'm a sinner. But i figure that if you live a decent life, help out your neighbour, walk your grama accross the street, and dont murder too many people (I think you get what i mean ), that you should be ok in the end. I mean, how many people out there have honestly never sinned once in their entire life? I'v got nothing against people who attend churches or who are very religious,, but i see organized churches as more of a business. I think that its good to believe in something and i'm all for that, but when money becomes an issue simply to attend and learn some words of wisdom, i think thats a little to far. If there is a god, he didnt create money, we did, so i'm pretty sure that he has no use for it...
Also, my biggest pet peeve, is that if you are a strong member of a religious group, practice what you preach! If your going around telling people not to steal and to avoid pre-marital sex, then dont go out and shoplift a new jacket and fool around with your gf/bf that night! ( i know several people who have done this and it drives me nuts).

Recently i'v been thinking about such things as, how do the dinosaurs fit into the bible? and what about all of the microscopic things before that? how could all of this have happened in 7 days? or do most christians even believe in dinosaurs? Then i thought, what is the definition of a "day" in the bible? metaphorically, all of those things could have very well taken place. However, if you take the words literally, and expect that stars, planets, and the evolution of plants, animals, and man, all to take place in 7 days, then of course it will not make sense. But no where have i heard that each of those 7 "days" was exactly 24 hours. Just some things to think about i guess...
Anyway thats my two bits.

"God made pot, man made beer, who do you trust?"
 37yrs • M •
akal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'd hear people say it all the time, it's a huge cliche and everybody uses it: "thank god" or "oh god" or "god damn-it" I believe these term's were first invented as a small prayer to the almighty after an occurence (good or bad) happened upon a rather religous person. It then was adopted as an omen, if you said it after somthing happened you were blessed, good luck would aid you for small things. Then it evolved into a cliche everybody said, it was just the underlying realization that most people weren't actually religous that eventually brought this phrase to an everyday term. According to the books, you are indeed commiting a religous act by paying your quick respects to god when saying: "thank god... i got through the day," you aknowledge the fact that god helped you through the day. So I hear it all the time... everywhere I go I hear it, I see it in the media -religous or not, people say it. I'm inspired by this... so I try it. I felt bad the first time, because I knew I meant nothing by saying it. But I began to say it after somthing happend, "thank god i didn't crush my testicles on the hand-rail!" "oh god, shut the fuck up!" "god damn she's fine!" and so I went, blurting these phrases carelessly as if I had a trillion to spare. Then when I needed help I'd actually say a little prayer: "please god, help me pass this test" And sometimes I'd pass the test I prayed for or land a trick after looking up to the sky and saying a prayer. I started to take this whole god thing serious! I soon began to question whether I had real faith in this "god" character, I'd suddenly be carefull of what I said about god and talk to him. I even started to pray, because he was helping me on the little things... or so I thought. "God" was helping me, and I loved him for it. I loved him so much I started to act according to how a loyal children of god would act. I loved him. He was my god and my faith was true, nothing could hurt me when god is looking after me. Then I began to meet other people as in love with god as I was... and it was nice, we could talk about our god and how nice he was. I didn't want to go back to the "non-believers" because I was safe. I could land tricks, pass tests, go out with pretty girls and get jobs with god looking after me. And if anything went wrong, it was because I was being punished for my sins or it was for a good purpose. For example, I stole a ring once... I put it on and I couldn't get it off again. I panicked as most people do so I prayed to god and begged than he make it loose and I pleaded sorry for what I did. Sure enough, with a little soap thing ring came off. And pretty soon I believed that everything that happened to me was because of god's will. But it wasn't fair, other kids did the same tricks I did, passed tests, got girls and got jobs... yeah they "thank god"ed but they didn't mean it. I did. And they got hurt from time to time or failed a test... but I believed it was because god wasn't with them. Then something weird happend, my girlfriend dissapeared! I cried to god: "Why god? Why? I love her! I didn't do anything wrong, I obey you! What did I do?" I was broken. I was confused because I thought god wouldn't do that to me, I didn't do anything terribly wrong? But I forgave god, as he does to me. Then I found out my liver was just about to the point of "fatal measures" and again, I questioned god, and forgave him. Things began to happen to me, bad things, things so bad that I'd get mad at god. Then one of my good friends, a real god servant such as myself was struck by a car just after attending confession at the church. I was hurt, how could god do this? I began to question how faithful god was to us, maybe he's the one comitting sins, maybe he isn't there. But I was nice, and prayed to him still. Then one night I find myself clinging to the toilet puking my brains out while accidentally urinating all over my clothes, my ribs hurt and my stomach is going to explode... I wanted to die. But instead I thought of god and how me threw all these misfortunes at me, even though I believed in him, I prayed to him... I loved him. I thought of all those kids pleasently sleeping, the misbelievers and haters, I thought of Catherine and how she was hit by a car... sent by god. I thought of every single kid who would wake up in the morning, say hi to their parents and go to school. I though of me waking up to my mom hooked on some weird pill and having to scrounge for some money for lunch at school. All these thoughts ran through my head as a fresh wave of puke rushed through my mouth, and my screaming stomach... then I though of my god. I raised my hand from the toilet and formated the middle finger and spluttered: "fuck you god" - it broke my heart to say it, but here I am dying of some weird disease, broken hands, lost freind/ girlfriend and there's all those non-believers sleeping in bed... while im hunched, covered in puke and piss with my stomach shattered. Fuck you god.

Sorry it's a little sketchy folks, I just wrote it now. I actually believe in somthing up in those hazy skies, I call it god and it's comfortable for me knowing I have somthing to believe in. It's just "god" and I pray to it all the time. I was born a Catholic but I don't agree with churches and stuff like that, my life is my religon. So even though many of those unfortunate things happened to me, I didn't actually tell of my god, coz I love him. And I;m proud of him because it's a positive thing in my life.

"why? -is what makes us different"
 64yrs • M •
akal - I think I'll call you the preacher man. I'm in the process of moving, it might be a bit before I get back here and read all that you have to say. but I will read it all.

Clay Turtle - If anything I have said has offended you I really am sorry - it was not meant that way. I would never make fun of any indian religion.

I was referring to the Hopi indians. All I know about them is what I have read. Their traditions have recently been written down to prevent them from getting lost. That I know of, they are not being made fun of. Many find it amazing that they speak of the flood that covered the whole earth and a promised land where they now reside and like the jews they await the return of great entity. This entity that they await for they call the ant people who saved them from the flood by sealing them up in logs and brought them to the promised land and showed them how to find water. These teachings are so similar to that of the jews, it makes one wonder.

And of course I have my beliefs that you are aware of. my beliefs are just that. beliefs, they will remain beliefs, as no one will, not even myself will ever prove them to be true, nor will they disprove them. Because a belief is not a fact, it can be wrong. So if my belief is contridictory to anybody elses beliefs, it would be foolish of me to argue over them. Here I only share.

72yrs • M •
okcitykid, no Iwas not offended but rather cofused. As I had paid special note to your reference I was not famiar with it within in the limits of your usage of it. Being I was (cofused) missing the point of it's use, I felt that perhaps others were too.
Ahh, now I understand better as you have cleared the issue by giving a fuller explanation. So to perhaps I should insure clear conception by better defining. Like sunka wakan (sacred dog) white men introduced maza wakan (sacred iron) the rifle. We readily accept the stereo
type, thunder stick or fire stick (like fire water) for their native name but wakan is translated as sacred so should not (Great Spirit) Wakan Tanka be translated 'Sacred Spirit'?
akal-- read your response twice (couldn't help it, as I read though the next responce thinking someone was paraphasing your words, before I realized what happened)
But I am unsure your stance, but then it took me along time to understand that my desire for GOD to enrich my life wasn't really love for GOD but desires within my own being. I think it is great that you are able to see that in your life so soon.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know it's not about church but about religion.... but if i were religious i don't think i'd ever go to church because i'd know that GOD doesn't really want me to do that, all he wants me to do is to be a good person and to believe every word of his, definetly not give money to some guy that is "closer" to the lord than i am
i've been to church twice in my life, the first time i was about 12 and just wanted to see what it looks like on the inside hehe and the second tyme i hung out with the "church" people and we went in there to meet up with someone .... and all my "religious friends" wouldnt' stop swearing inside the building
so yeah here is a begginning of a really cool song ... hope you like it

" Give God the first portion of your income, say that with me." "Give God the first portion of your income." "Give it first! Not after the deducts. Not after the social security, and the hospitalization, and the malnutrition. Not after all these things on ya check, ya say 'I'm a give God a little what's left.' You do, and that's what you gonna get from God." Who am I? I'm not the Devil, I can take you to my level, Above the rocks, above the earth, Tell me what your soul is worth. How much money do you make? How much will you let me take? I will give you tranquility, Just send you wealth and checks to me. Life is going to expire, And your soul will burn in fire. You will perish in the thunder, Unless you call my hotline number. God has asked you to make me rich, Me and my fat-rat gaudy bitch. On your T.V.'s late at night, Send those checks, and I'll guide you to the light.

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 72yrs • M •
MiA,nice song it may not be eloquent but it makes a strong point. One thing though is that your friends may go to church because they feel compelled to do so like complusery(sp) educational requirements lack motivational incentive upon those forced to do something. The New Testament describes christians liiving within society but separate from it's values. Thus being a part of the Church was necessary as they had all things in common. Note that the depiction of the 'Last Supper' describes a shared meal into which the recurrected Jesus the Christ enters into giving them the breaking of bread and a drink of wine in (the spirit) rememberance of Him.
They were given to form a social order within the established society placing the Lord GOD (Heavenly Father) as their ultimate authority over their (spiritual) lifes and Christ as Lord of their physical lives.
Defined in the What would you do without Rules
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=12-u-thrdid=15874-u-page=1
]

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well the "friends" , i don't really see them much anymore they're a little weird and racist and they DO really believe in god and they do enjoy going to church only i don't think that to them church means what it's supposed to .... and i guess that's because church is not what it was supposed to be anymore , and THAT IS the point that i was trying to make

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
The God Thread - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy