Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The right to dress provocatively? - Page 6

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
Sweety051785 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
this is a reply to all. I have done a lot of research on this topic because I was one of those girls that dressed conservatively and got raped by my boyfriend. When looking at what most rapists choose. It has been shown that majority of rapists go towards who dress provocatively because their clothes are easier to take off. I'm just telling people what I have shown. I do feel that a woman should be able to dress how she wants, but in certain places, it is a very bad idea. All of you had great posts, though. I loved reading them

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel women should dress how they wish and I dont not see a corelation between dress styles and rape victims.
I guess being a visually driven person I love it when girls dress in something revealing or slinky or both. Also how a person is dressed reveals something about themselves- For example all the girls/women of a local church - they always wear long skirts usually made on denim or are khaki coloured cotton- alwys it is like a uniform allmost- and of course hutterites and menonites can be spotted from a mile away. Some folks wear sporty clothes or dress clothes or punk clothes it gives you a little insight as to who they are.
These insights though are usually only generalizations and are context driven so with women they may dress provokativly but that does not neccesarily entail they are permiscuous or otherwise. I would say the generalizations you can draw are more along the lines of what group a person fits into or is trying to fit into.
So I encourage people to dress as they will- and if that is to dress provocativly that is great.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 42yrs • F •
Taiuu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The female body is beautiful, and there are times and places in which we may feel comfortable enough to show some skin. But we cannot trust that others are on the same wavelength as us. We feel good in what we wear in most situatiions- But....there is at least one creep to penetrate every sacred crevasse a woman can enter. Even when I'm dressed conservatively at work, they are there and they are relentless. My advice: if you are walking alone after a night out, with compromised composure, wearing sexy clothes, please don't take your chances. TAKE A CAB !!@#%* and if the cab driver talks smack, smack him in the ear.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I always wonder when looking is indeed to much- I love to look at women even at work I don't think the looks are reciprocated but i feel I never go to far- for me that's all it is just looking. Looking back to the question Women have the right to dress as they choose- men will ogle women as long as they are in view I don't think that will change but let me pose a question to the women reading this in what situations do you find this sort of thing disturbing?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just want to echo rollergirl's comments from May 7, 2003.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
The right to dress provocatively? - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy