Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I Wonder

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
I Wonder
I wonder.

I wonder if life will ever be like my subconscious minds wants it to be like. Where hopes actually get fulfilled. Where I feel safe. Where I am no longer working all the time towards this idea of freedom that I've been wanting for so long. I wonder if when freedom comes if I will even be able to recognise that feeling. If I'll even be capable of feeling free.

I know the logic that if that were to happen, the inability to feel free would only be initial and after a period of recuperation and reconditioning that my brain would open up. But that logic pertains to a future time, not where I am now.

Right now, it's all just a dream, if that. It's a hope that is the only thing, other than the love I have for my family, that keeps me sane enough to keep working. To keep doing all the things I have mentally and emotionally committed myself to doing.

I feel that I used to be able to dream about things more consciously when I was younger. Envision good things for myself happening in the future. It's different now. There's a pain that comes in dreaming of good things. So it must all just be buried now. My mind has little threshold for imagining too many good things. It just needs to see them happen.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
I Wonder
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy