Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The word depression is a emotion and much more.

User Thread
 81yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pljames is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The word itself has to be ambiguous (having more than one meaning). To see the word might bring on either a outside or inside stimuli of belief. It is said, "we are what we think/and believe" (KJV). Thoughts please? plj

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My general impression (not academic definition) of this word is a situation where either economic, institutional or personal. the concept generally reduces down to the condition of something or someone not operating at an acceptable level; given the potential of the capability.

Applied personally, there is a despondent emotion as well (but, then talk anyone in an economic depression, and see if they are not despondent).

The universal 'cure' is to increase productive actions to counteract the negative downward trend. It is not easy.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my depressions are either obsession with suicidal thoughts or just complete apathy.

I haven't had the first in years but when I get depressed through apathy I become so sarcastic that I almost seem sincere but at the same time Im very abrasive and more scary then funny

I am in a funk myself right now but I am not completely depressed, I care about survival and I can cry, when I am really depressed I just get nothing for a long time and then I'll just randomly snap into tears at a random thought that comes across my mind and have to take a moment to compose myself.

I am manic depressive or bi polar so my feelings may be a little darker than the norm but up or down I know I'm not happy, just fundamentally unhappy

so I pour out my soul anonymously on the internet about non personal issues to keep from losing it, It works and I am much more pleasant in real life.

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 70yrs • M •
Being depressed is no joke. If it gets in the way of your life, I am not against cognitive therapy. And that is from someone who thinks psychology is a pseudo science.

I am not a psychiatrist. But I understand the the bi-polar condition is a function of brain chemical imbalance. If severe, i would not rule out the intervention of an MD.

If you concentrate on an activity that is external, you are then focusing on something beyond your own condition. Helping others, a complex hobby or playing music, and such can be a positive distraction. Chess, computer, astronomy, gardening or some other type of interest group can get you engaged with others around a subject of mutually shared interest.

Again, not my field of expertise. But, perhaps something here would be worth considering. If you become abrasive, you will chase others away, and isolation is probably the worst thing for you right now.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thx your absolutely right, but I suffer from paranoid delusions and am very introverted, I like to read and surf the web a lot and write poetry and essays

but your right I should try writing a short story or start a book on life philosophy something that I always wanted to try, I want to call it something like The Agnostic Bible, an alternative to organized religion but I never started it.

I like photography as well, I think I'll try to take your advice

Thanks.

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 70yrs • M •
With your creative passion, my guess is that your photography could be very moving.

I would like to see some of your stuff. Post some of that. If it is any good, and I suspect that it is, you will get encouraging responses from this group. Getting encouragement is a nice thing to get.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy