Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I had a weird dream last night

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
nonames is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't feel comfortable discussing this publicly, even if it's anonymous, so I'm going to keep it vague. Hopefully someone who is good at interpreting dreams, such as an actual therapist or psychologist (if there are any on this forum), can tell me what this might mean.

There is someone close to me that I have seriously wronged in the past and the guilt I feel from this is engrained in my very personality at this point. This person doesn't even talk to me anymore. In my dream, this person was trying to kill me with some kind of electric hand saw. Although the saw touched me many times, at no point did I bleed or feel any pain. I also don't remember feeling fear in the dream, so I wouldn't say it was a nightmare. The dream ended with this scene still in progress.

I think this dream is simply an expression of the guilt I feel over what I did to this person. It may also mean that at some level I feel I deserve to suffer for what I did. Shortly before going to sleep, I was thinking a lot about all that. This explains why I had the dream. However, I'm not sure if my explanation of what the dream meant is complete as, from what I understand, sometimes the meaning of a dream can go deeper than what it seems like at first.

Now, many of you reading this might tell me that I need to forgive myself. I have already thought of that and, believe me, I wish I could. Please refrain from telling me to forgive myself because that's not the point of this post. The point is to help me interpret this dream. How I deal with the guilt that caused this dream is a separate issue.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy