Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Disprove my beliefs.

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
rgivens is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Disprove my beliefs.
This is my first post on any site related to this idea I have had for quite some time now. You can take from this what you will, but it won't matter.

I have been borderline atheist for a few years now. Having grown from being a Christian to an agnostic, atheism was my next step in self realization. If this is real then that would help you to understand me.

Now I would like to share my new found belief. Imagine if you can that the world as you know it was created by me. That the things you do occur only because I say they do. That life itself has been manufactured by my greater consciousness to occupy its time. Even if I tried my hardest to come away from this dream I'd be stuck here. If you've ever flown to a different country, it doesn't feel nearly as far away as it truly is. As if right down the road was your home. Ever contemplated the idea that the lives of others go into "standby" mode when you can't see them? That while the stories may change, the people only do the things you can imagine? Or that you unconsciously chose for them?

My belief is that I control my world. After all, once I'm dead, why should it matter if time stops?

So I'd love to see what kind of defense my greater consciousness creates in response to this. I can already read now as I type this. "Well what if I said the same to you? "
Well I must apologize then. I'm sorry that you felt your existence mattered. That you felt you held some level of significance to my world. And yet ... its somewhat welcome. The idea of a challenge is rather exciting these days. The monotony of the culture I'm surrounded by has dulled my once sharp edge. I ask of anyone to completely disprove my beliefs. Please send me forward in my search of my own truths.
Keywords: prove, me, wrong, God, atheism

63yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that sunonleaves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why do you want someone to disprove your beliefs? they are yours to do with as you wish and really don't affect anyone else one iota.
just because you have this belief that you rule the world (and you're welcome to it, by the way) doesn't mean others have to acknowledge it, so have at it dude.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ziltoid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A belief is nothing but doubt in disguise, hence the reason you are looking to be disproved.
If you know, there is no reason for belief.
Sure the world is your creation, we all create our own world(s). As the old saying goes 'if you want to change the world start with yourself'.
In order to know reality we must first create our illusions(world) as a contrast to recognize what Is.
For example without light would we know what darkness is? or if there was always light and no darkness could we recognize light or would we be blind to the fact of light?
Existence means that which is always and forever.
Between two infinities is your finite existence, but it is not two, it only appears that way to the mind(ego) so perhaps you may understand
The ocean is in the drop and the drop is in the ocean, but it is impossible for the drop to possess the ocean--the drop(ego) loses its boundary and is no more.

66yrs • M •
Nebbish is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Objective reality is whatever it is, despite our subjective take on it.

Disprove my beliefs.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy