Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is my sister telling the truth that my uncle molested her?

User Thread
 31yrs • F •
rachel1421 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
First of all, sorry for the long post. I tried my best to shorten it up. Second, thank you for having the time to read this.

My sister is 12 years old. We live in a separate house because our parents are divorced. She stays with my mom, who works at night, my uncle and her 3 year old child Diane, and my brother, aged 18. So yesterday, my sister sent a text to my father saying that she is so scared but he must not panic. Seeing it as an emergency, my father rushed into their house to ask what the problem is. When we got there, we asked her what's wrong. She just said that our uncle scared her last night and that she just wants to go home with us. My father said no because they have school tomorrow. My father left and I stayed with my sister. I was kind of irritated because she always does that. She always texts our dad that something happened, something is an emergency, and that she needs to see him at once. She always exaggerate things. I believe that she does that because she thinks that no one would give her attention if she does not exaggerate her stories. Anyway, back to the story. I talked to her. I asked her why she was sobbing. At first she won't tell me anything but when we got out of for a walk, she told me that our uncle tried to touch her private parts last night. I was so shocked that I kept on asking her to repeat the whole story. As a sister, my first reaction was to get mad.I really wanted to punch my uncle in the face. I talked to my brother and told him everything. He got so angry as well. We kept on thinking that this must be true because it is too much for a 12 year old to lie about. I mean, where would she get that story and why would she even lie about it. We told our mom everything. All she said was that she was thinking. She wants to believe my sister badly but she keeps on saying that he knows his brother too well and he wouldn't do that. She even confronted our uncle but he denied it. He was firm that he did not do anything. I got angry at my mom for not believing in my sister. Then she talked to me. This was what she said.

She is not saying that she does not believe our sister nor does she say that our sister is lying. All she's saying is that our sister keeps on exaggerating thing. Our sister is angry at our uncle and his child. She is angry at our uncle because he always tells on my sister to our mom. Every time she does something wrong, my uncle immediately tells our mom. Therefore, she gets in a lot of trouble most of the time because of our uncle. Secondly, she hates our cousin because ever since they moved to another house, which was 6 months ago, all our attention went to our cousin because she's the youngest and we're all fond of kids. Our sister got used to being the baby before but since our parent divorced and they moved out, no one's been giving attention to her. Then my mom reminded me the numerous times my sister lied and how firm she was when she tells a lie. This made me think. Could my sister be lying or is she really telling the truth? Is it just a way to seek attention from us? All she keeps on saying to us now is that she want our mom to kick our uncle and his child out. Repeatedly. She does not want to live in my father's house. She just wants to get our uncle out of here. Is there any way that we can confirm if she is telling the truth or not? Please help me. I don't want that our uncle get kicked out of the house because of some lie. He has a child and they really have nowhere else to go. They have no money and my mom is the only ones helping them. As of now, I'm still on my sister's side. I really want to help her out. Thank you so much.

**My uncle and I are really close. Even my brother. He's like a best friend to us. So I really don't want him to get evicted if this is all just a lie. And I worry about our cousin.

[  Edited by rachel1421 at   ]
 30yrs • M •
JackTh3r1pp3r is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Don't make it obvious but keep an eye on them if he did it once odds are he'll slip up and do it again. That's if he did in the first place.

31yrs • F •
rachel1421 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The problem is, she wants them out of the house IMMEDIATELY. She won't give us time to think. All she does is stay locked up in her room. She even told us that she wants to tell our father all about it. Knowing my father, he'd beat the crap out of our uncle without thinking, and I'm afraid that this may sever our relationship with our uncle (if it's not true) or it may traumatize our young cousin.

31yrs • F •
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm planning to take my sister to see a psychiatrist. I was thinking that a psychiatrist could ask the right questions without imposing an answer to my sister. Just to get the real truth out of her. Is that possible?

Or can I just ask her myself? Do you have any idea what kind of questions I should ask my sister? Thank you.

63yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that sunonleaves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
unfortunately what we have here is an example of the story 'the boy who cried wolf'.
she has lied so often that now when something very serious comes up no one knows how to react.
my guess is that she is lying, based on what you've written here.
i suggest you (or whomever is there) watch the uncle, and watch your sister around him.
also, your sister needs some counselling. that would be the best thing that could happen with her. she obviously has issues that have nothing to do with the uncle.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy