Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

ITunes, Limited Usase Rights and Bruce Willis

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Bruce Willis just found out that when he dies, under the Itunes terms of use, he won't be able to transfer his collection of Itunes music to his daughters. So he's contemplating taking legal action to sue Apple.

I rarely favor Apple, he does sue Apple, I hope he loses and Apple wins.

Why? Look at the salary this guy made from his top movies (image below). When you purchase from Itunes, or from any online company that has a TOS, you have to be informed about what you're agreeing (I don't mean to sound like that South Park episode, but it's true). Itunes stipulates that you cannot share Itunes that you've payed for, it's like a rental license only, and I suspect that most Itunes users know this. BUT. Regardless of that, Bruce Willis who is the ninth highest grossing actor in Hollywood, can easily, so damn easily, go and buy non-Itunes versions of his music. Hell, he doesn't even have to do it himself, he can hire someone to do it.

I read a suggestion somewhere that he might be doing this to help other Itune users. Hmm.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rainman05 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
he does usually make good action movies

I have no stake in whether apple wins or loses. I just don't give much of a shit really.

42yrs • F •
Update: Turns out this was a British tabloid hoax printed in a UK newspaper called 'The Sun' - based on the fact that Willis's wife stated that it was an untrue story on her twitter account. Wtf these people make up stories and publish them in supposedly 'reputable' newsprint goes to show how unreliable certain types of reports are. I was about to say you have to be very selective about where you read your news from - but this story appears on online news sources like The Guardian and Forbes - so it's irresponsibility on the part of journalists to not confirm what they hear.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy