If an idea at first does not seem absurd, there is no hope for it. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fear of the Ocean

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Fear of the Ocean
I don't think I've ever been on a boat and been out so far at sea where I could not see land. I have this suspicion/worry that if I were ever out on a boat/ship in the open ocean, that I might react with some internal terror, as though I need land to feel safe.

It may be connected to my survival instinct, like I am aware that I'm not a great swimmer so if I'm on a boat out at sea, I need that boat to ensure my safety. Whereas if I can still see land in the distance, I have more of a chance of getting back and remaining alive. The idea also feels claustrophobic somehow.

I don't know though, it seems like this may be a fear that's not always been there. And I am not 100% sure if I would really have an adverse reaction if I were out at sea.

Anyone else ever had similar feelings?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Fear of the Ocean
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy