Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I really need advice. - Page 2

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
blankpicture,

If you know what you want to do then that is great. When there is we something we really want, then in pursuing it we naturally start addressing the the insecurities and negativity's instilled in us that would steer us away from it:
quote:
I do know what I want to do, I'm sure of it, it's just - I'm afraid of being judged, afraid of being silly and/or making a fool out of myself.

Things like the fear you describe, those have to addressed in order to succeed at your goal, which you clearly are trying to do otherwise you would not posted everything that you have.
quote:
I've been thinking pretty hardly about this all - as to why I feel when I'm around people, why am I scared so much. I feel as if I'm constantly in a spotlight and everyone is like looking at me and judging. (I know it's not true, to be honest, people don't really care that much), but I can't help but feel how I do.

Perhaps you should try accepting the idea that yes, people may judge you. And once you accept that they might or are judging you, evaluate what that means about the person who is judging you. Ask yourself, should they be judging you? What are their judgement? Are their judgements correct? If they are judging you and it's incorrect judgements, what does that tell you about who that person is? If they are judging you and they are correct in their judgements, then shouldn't they offer you constructive criticism so that you can help yourself improve?
quote:
Well, what I wanted to mention, it seems that when I'm tired I'm more free and honest, like right now, I don't have this barrier blocking my own feelings and thoughts. And after a sleepless night if I go in "public", I feel better, I feel that I can simply not care what people think, maybe not completely, but to some extent.

You might be in a dream like state, sort of like when a person is drunk and feels less inhibited. I'm not sure why this happens, but it could be because your brain/body is too tired to exert energy on things that aren't really a part of you.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 31yrs • M •
blankpicture is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
In a way I was going for that. Success being the key to over-coming my insecurities due to not wanting to be steered from the path I have set as my goal.

quote:
Things like the fear you describe, those have to addressed in order to succeed at your goal, which you clearly are trying to do otherwise you would not posted everything that you have.

I know that it won't be easy, but some days ago I felt a small change in how I felt, it's weird. I was simply walking normally to station to take my train home and even so I felt as if I'm being judged, looked at, rated etc., I felt as if that doesn't bother me as much. It still bothers me a lot, but it was a small, super small change in how I felt. I will pay attention to it next time, just to see if it wasn't just something random.

quote:
Perhaps you should try accepting the idea that yes, people may judge you. And once you accept that they might or are judging you, evaluate what that means about the person who is judging you. Ask yourself, should they be judging you? What are their judgement? Are their judgements correct? If they are judging you and it's incorrect judgements, what does that tell you about who that person is? If they are judging you and they are correct in their judgements, then shouldn't they offer you constructive criticism so that you can help yourself improve?

I will try this, thank you and expand on it afterwards.

In a way I love that dreamy state, makes me so carefree but I'm aware it's not a solution, it's rather than a way to run away from my problems for a bit. But still might happen, give my sleep problems.

P.s Quote tag sure makes things more organized. haha

And to person who asked me to share a story, I apologize. I'm sharing a room and have barely any time on my hands, so can't really do it now, but will do my best to actually do it, for myself and my confidence though!

I really need advice. - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy