'As long as we think that animals don't feel, then we'll have to feel that humans don't think' - tangy-orange
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Gymnast McKayla Memes - The dedication of memers

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
When I first saw this, I didn't know who McKayla Maroney was and I thought okay, yeah, she looks pretty displeased; she's probably a Russian gymnast and the meme maker's just having a go at it:

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
But then later in my day I come across this...

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 42yrs • F •
...not a great meme by any means but then I had to investigate, I just wanted to see the actual medal ceremony to see what the fuss was all about. Then I find out that some uber Maroney-meme enthusiast has created this:
http://mckaylaisnotimpressed.tumblr.com/

They even provide you with a neatly photoshopped Mckayla cut out, downloadable straight from the site to create and upload more new Mckayla memes:

[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 42yrs • F •
I meant to mention, Mckayla is an American gymnast.

When I first saw the meme, I wasn't paying much attention to it and I assumed she was Russian because I've seen videos of Russian gymnasts where they are seriously, very very stern and react with severe unhappiness at anything less than first placement. Mckayla being American has switched my perception, because it suggests this trait has something to do with the gymnastics sport, perhaps some aspect of their training, that causes such thick reactions to being regarded as anything but the best.

42yrs • F •

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy