It takes one tree to make 10,000 matches, but one match to burn 10,000 trees - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does anyone conduct research in psychology?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
RichClarkePsy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if anyone out there is a professional research psychologist, lecturer that conducts research or research assistant. If there is I would really like to know what you're working on. I've recently finished my MSc in Psychological Research Methods and currently have a job cataloguing useful teaching and research resources for a university in London (England). But really I'm just a big research nerd and love hearing passionate researchers talk about their area of study.

So do please, let me know what you've got going on, also if you're in the London area and fancy a coffee give me a shout (Its always nice to do that)

Rich
Keywords: Research, Psychology

"Life is not a zero sum game"
[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 42yrs • F •
Hi Rich - are you looking for professionals who are local to you? If not, you could coutact this guy - David Webb - I don't know him personally, only via email but he has done quite a bit of work with psychology/forensic psychology. And he seem's to like helping students. You can find his website through the link on this page:

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/93434/all-about-psychology.htm

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 37yrs • M •
RichClarkePsy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi Dawn,

Hey cool, yes I've come across David Webb before. I use his website a lot, it's really handy (it's also worth following him on twitter). But I never really thought of contacting him, I may do that, thanks.

Ideally what I'm looking for are early career psychologists (that stage after being a student but before being a lecture/professor) and starting a MeetUp group in London. Its a nice way of meeting like minded people and also an easy/fun way of doing some networking. Well that's the plan anyway.

"Life is not a zero sum game"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy