The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. - Denis Diderot
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Addicted to Drugs in my Teens

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Everett is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I hate to admit it but I feel more comfortable with this forum now so I'll share.

I went through a drug dependency problem when I was 15/16. When I recall that period of my life now it is kind of hard to tell how it began. One day I was happy, then I was miserable, then I was just experimenting drugs with my friends (like most people do at that age) - all that is sort of a hazy period because after this I was trying to get my hands on weed and LSA's whenever I could. I was addicted for probably a year or so. My parents of course noticed this grand change in their son and eventually were able to take me by the arm and straighten me out. I went to counselling and a bunch of other similar help services.

I think not understanding my own feelings was the main source of the problem and it caused depression. I still can't believe sometimes that I was actually addicted because it was and is so unlike me, I'm so level headed most of the time. I think being a teenager can be quite a rough and confusing time and so when you don't know how to cope, if you're introduced to drugs and the drug has an effect of making you feel good by forgetting your woes, it is easy to become addicted to that.

It's pretty hard for me to tell new people who enter my life about this part of my history, because when they find out they are really surprised. One girl I dated just thought I was making the whole story up, she said that it seemed so far fetched from my personality. I think I have some sort of shame associated it and sometimes it feels like it's pressed when people act so surprised. But it was all long ago now, so I don't let it get to me too much.

49yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ill_llI is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my teens I was addicted to sex and I still am. I've probably spent close to $1,000,000 on everything related to sex, getting it and keeping it.

I tried SA meetings (sexaholics anonymous) but it didn't work because the twelve step program relies on believing in a higher being. I believe there is no higher being so SA failed although the meetings were hilarious! I thought I was bad but guys there couldn't control their urges for even a sec. Some had to take a break during another addict's confessions to run to the bathroom to masturbate. How do I know? They confessed. One time a hot babe even showed up to the meeting and things got crazy! Can't go into details but let's just say I waited for her after the meeting and we went home together to verify what we confessed at the meeting was true... But I digress.

I tried other drugs but they gave me side effects. Sex has no side effects only withdrawal effects.

I think by the time I hit my 60's I might have my addiction under control.

"The birds have their nests in the trees and the foxes have their holes in the ground, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest His head."
 60yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that absolutely is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
who is addicted to sex is driven to feel up by perceiving himself individually free from others and everything

so there is different concept of uplifting when freedom is the exclusive truth of superiority, it depends then on each free different sense individually in what truth realizes his relative being himself objectively

good and bad are relatively the same only from that perspective as they are both relatives so not the absolute right
as we can speculate from ur sentences the sense of good being wrong when it tend to generalize goodness as superior while the idea is taken from objective goodness of truth which has nothing to do with superiority but showing the limit of one good that cant make the effort to relativize its means for what it did already make one effort of meaning being good
of course it sounds rubbish and it is somehow while the idea is true not the body of it

and here too we can speculate how bad can b right, for that clarity given to objective facts which gave a sense of objective truth existing, while truth is always the first abstract fact before relative freedom out of it seem to b objectively existing, so by seeing the first we see all what is there so honesty seem to be a relative value coming out of that bad, and since it is bad then it is true value that come out of him since truth is free so at anytime and anywhere smthg right could move

73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everett
You should tell your story with pride, not shame. You had a problem and you overcame it. In my job I see many young people who have drug related problems. For the most part they just accept that, that's the way their life is and do nothing to correct the situation until something really bad happens.

60yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that absolutely is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
professions of ones i guess one day would stop existing, ones are not cloths that freedom choose to wear

ones are realities intelligence out of true constant existence

there is no such thing as shame nor pride, those are free subjective sense that exist bc other bigger freedom exist by usng and abusing the presence of small ones

we could use those words when it is the best available at the moment to mean smthg else

words are never to describe a state, this is ridiculous instinctine will to use words for

words are sentences out of any state to mean smthg different, free opinion about it all

if the state was the thing then another thing as words would b opposed to

each thing is itself freedom bc only freedom exist

so about drugs, addictions are of course a shame bc it means that u r inferior that cant survive by staying free

when anything is free, then a state is totally related to individual subject means not to others perceptions

i was never addicted to anything i always quit any when i want at the second that i decided it, but im trying to mean the weight of everything abuse
when freedom is the truth then one is a reality of everything present meaning its freedom too, and that is for anyone while its freedom stay the same producing energy to reality constancy since it stays there

one cant b a state nor a belief nor a will etc,,,those kind of lies are the ways to mean objective existence abuse being absolutely legal in absolute terms, so we dont talk about any freedom since it cant b else but to b there for profits upon anything and any ground space

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy