Don't be all things to all people. Begin by being yourself to yourself. - katiedids
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Household rules

User Thread
 26yrs • F •
Kally is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Household rules
Hi, I'm 15 and my parents are like pretty strict. I have an older brother and a younger sister and we all have to follow these family rules that my parents have made.

I really hate these rules, I feel like I'm constantly waiting to be a grown up so that I don't have to live here and follow rules everyday of my life.

I just wanna know, what household rules did u grow up with and did they teach you anything?

26yrs • F •
Kally is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ya, that's like kind of how I feel, like the rules have nothing to do with what I want or what's good for me.

It's like they just make us follow it so that they can control us and make their own lives easier.

Sometimes I really feel like they just don't love us.

Like, when they have these backyard bbq parties in the summer, they expect all of us to dress a certain way, like if I'm just wearing my sweat pants and tshirt my mom will make me go and change because I don't look pretty enough for their friends.

How do I cope with all this without like becoming a super downer?

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The number one rule in my household was, don't talk to strangers.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 26yrs • F •
I don't understand how my parents expect me to keep respecting them if they don't give me any space. Fyi, I'm not allowed a bf yet. Isn't that basically saying don't get feelings for anyone? But feelings just happen! It makes no sense to me.

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I only had rules up until I was eight, and then I had to look after myself and my sister because of events concerning my parents.
I wish I was given more restriction and guidance to be honest, so I envy you.
Generally speaking, the restriction they give you will be out of concern and love. If they don't want you to have a boyfriend then it is because they don't want you to get hurt.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
Household rules
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy