A little philosophy inclineth men's minds to atheism, while depths in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. - Francis Bacon
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

She doesn't want to call it love.

User Thread
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok this is mainly reaching out to women on this sight but, I have been seeing my girlfriend for nearly 6 months now, before I had just been having one night sort of things (don't really need to elaborate) so I have never had a relationship of this kind before.

Last week when I stayed over her house for the first time, (I'm 17, she's 16, but this isn't her first long term relationship) she said that she wanted "to leave the whole love thing" and not bother with it. I think she could tell I was a bit taken aback because she then said that she did feel that way about me but didn't want to call it "Love."
Does this mean she merely said that to make me feel better? Does she still "love" me? What other ways are there for me to express it without scaring her off?
Keywords: love, relationships

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sammy K is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh she likes you a lot she's just doing what she thinks will make her feel less scared about it. let her call it whatever she wants just treat her the way you usually do and let your feelings enjoy the ride!

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok thank you. Good to know I can always find an outside confidant.

26yrs • F •
Kally is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yeah, I think she likes you too. Maybe it's a commitment thing, like she's afraid because of her last relationship?

28yrs • M •
Yeah her last boyfriend was an absolute dick. I'm trying to be extra careful with her because of that.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dancid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No reason to throw around the world love if you're in a physical relationship. Something you might start throwing around before you ask her to marry you. In my high school days it was ALMOST a requirement for a healthy relationship (retarded). If she didn't want to be with you, you'd be getting the cold shoulder. If you ever do, you'll know without having to look too hard she's lost interest. Don't over think it, instead focus on all of the attribute that attract you to her. GL p.s.: insecurities are unquestionably the greatest detriment to any relationship. So like I said.. focus on her.

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy