The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path ot Salvation is hard. - Katha-Upanishad
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Ten years after "war on terror"

User Thread
 77yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that katsung47 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what is this "war on terror" for? US started war in the name of "war on terror", that terrorists is Al Qaeda.

Now after ten years, Al Qaeda is still in Afghanistan.

There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq (Saddam's regime). After US' invasion, there were Al Qaeda everywhere in Iraq to bombing the people. Now US withdraws from Iraq, Al Qaeda is still there.

There was no Al Qaeda heard in Gaddafi's Libya, now Al Qaeda is a force liberated Libya.

There was no Al Qaeda heard in Syria too, now it becomes part force of Syria opposition.

Al Qaeda now is everywhere in Mid-east. It becomes stronger and stronger and works with US interest.

Tell me what is this "war on terror" for? After ten years.
Keywords: war on terror

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was in the Marine Corps in 1991 and we were in Iraq ... Sadaam...
Richard Nixon developed the middle-East policy and groomed Pres.Regan
Regan groomed Bush
Bush is Bush's son
OBAMA is a close relative of Bush and Cheny...
CLINTON is a Fraternity brother

The illusion of news versus forign policy is a distraction for the distractable.

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 77yrs • M
DEA makes living on drug case. FBI makes living on terror case. Without these cases, they lose value to exist. So if there is none, they create one.

To expand their power, DEA invented "War on drugs"; FBI and Pentagon invented "War on Terror". Under those two wars, drug business and terror activities become prosperous. So are the DEA, FBI and Pentagon. They got fat budget and expanded power - Patriot Act and NDAA.

77yrs • M
Hound

The war on terror was invented by the Feds. The purpose is to demand more money and power from people. So when the intelligence and Pentagon are there, the terror will be there too. If there is none, they create one.

Human have hound in their house to protect their family against the wolf. As the hound getting more power, they don't want to be guards any more. They want to be master. So the hound trained some wolf they captured. Let these agent wolf to attack and kill human. Human is frightened. They give hound whatever they demanded -money, power ..... Now hound become master. When they need something, they let the agent wolf have an attack on human, then said, this is a long war, to protect your lives, I need warrantless surveillance, more budget fund, torture prison.... . The hound repeated its demand, "This enemy has struck us, and they will strike again, and we'll give our folks the tools necessary to protect the country," if you don't then the hound "can not protect ourselves".

That's why we saw after 10 years, occasionally a wolf or two were captured. But hundreds of thousands of innocent people died. There is an endless war to control people. A constant blackmail for more power.

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Freedom is worth fighting for.

The whole Middle East is rife with unstable governments and leadership that terrorize their citizens into submission.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One of the things that strikes me as odd is the lack of media coverage concerning the war on terror.
I was around during the vietnam war. I remember every night there would be films of actual battles generally followed up by what I call a score card. 6 Americans killed, 73 Vietnamese killed. Sure it was propaganda but it made people aware on a daily basis that we were in a war and lots of people were dying.
I am aware there is this type of information now but you have to look for it. It's not in your face as it should be.

73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your words are a refection of my thoughts. The other thing it appears "they" have learned is not to institute a draft. At least as long as you don't want protests and public awareness.

77yrs • M
'US, Israel behind terrorism and social unrest in Syria'
Apr 29, 2012

Syria has been experiencing unrest since mid-March 2011 and many people, including members of the security forces, have been killed in the turmoil.

Damascus blames armed terrorist groups for the country's year-long unrest, asserting that violent acts are being orchestrated from abroad.

Press TV has conducted an interview with Paul Sheldon Foote, professor at the California State University, Irvine, to further discuss the issue. The following is a rough transcription of the interview.

Press TV: Professor, how would you explain Russia's stance and position towards Syria?

Foote: I think it's time that someone started telling the truth about it. It's very obvious that America, Israel and some Arab countries are behind this terrorism in Syria.

I'm not allowed to post url, please google it.

77yrs • M
Who planned terrorist war?

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years

General Wesley Clark:

Because I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, "Sir, you've got to come in and talk to me a second." I said, "Well, you're too busy." He said, "No, no." He says, "We've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq." This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, "We're going to war with Iraq? Why?" He said, "I don't know." He said, "I guess they don't know what else to do." So I said, "Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?" He said, "No, no." He says, "There's nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq." He said, "I guess it's like we don't know what to do about terrorists, but we've got a good military and we can take down governments." And he said, "I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail."

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, "Are we still going to war with Iraq?" And he said, "Oh, it's worse than that." He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, "I just got this down from upstairs" -- meaning the Secretary of Defense's office -- "today." And he said, "This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran." I said, "Is it classified?" He said, "Yes, sir." I said, "Well, don't show it to me." And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, "You remember that?" He said, "Sir, I didn't show you that memo! I didn't show it to you!"

.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw&feature=player_embedded

77yrs • M
Terrorist Wined and Dined at The Pentagon

Prisonplanet.com
November 30, 2012

Documents obtained by accountability group Judicial Watch have confirmed that US-born Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaqi, said to be the former leader of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), was arrested and held in Yemen at the behest of the U.S. Embassy before being released again.
The documents also reveal that the terrorist chief, who previously dined with top brass at the Pentagon, was officially invited to the US embassy in Yemen on March 24, 2011, just six months before his supposed assassination by US drone strike.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/terrorist-wined-and-dined-at-the-pentagon.ht
ml

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that StraightFace is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Guns cannot beat an ideology. War is terrifying. You cannot fight terror with the terrifying.
What a shame

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy