Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Preparing for the worst....

User Thread
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is no law, no order. The shelves in the grocery stores are emptied overnight. Factories are emptied out, too. No more supply. Money is nothing more than kindling. Citizens turned cutthroats are among you, running/hiding like you are. Soldiers turned oppressors are as well, in reconnaisance/checkpointing/emprisoning. How do you live?

I'll wait for answers. I have a few of my own, but I must go run some errands at the moment. Discuss

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 40yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that DannyDuberstein is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've prepared a "bug-out" bag. In it, I have basical survival necessities:
tent
sleeping bag
warm clothes
first aid basics
cookwear
utensils
folding saw
survival knife w/metal match
ziplock of cotton balls
fishing tackle
rope
(need to add potable water kit)
flashlight
light sticks
matches

I'm in the process of trading out my sportster for an enduro. One must be able to move efficiently, through varying terrains, I imagine (I'm not trading out solely on the basis that society could crumble one day. I'm doing so because I love offroading/can't afford to fix the bike I have now should it malfunction). I'll also need to get some bags to mount to the bike for later.

And since I sold my guns before going into my undergrad, and I haven't taken the initiative to procure new ones, I will now get off my ass and do so. Weapons of choice? A Smith and Wesson M-10 revolver and a Mossberg pump 12 guage shotgun. Pistol for close-quarters combat/defense. Shotgun for hunting.

Now, the most important things that comes to mind, above all the other bullshit....are two things:

1. The will to survive.
2. An awareness of what has gone on around you before and during such calamity.

Will and awareness go hand-in-hand to ensure you'll come out on top. Reading motives for the sake of surviving will prove a necessary skill in such a situation.

Anyhow, anyone else?

"Just a fleck in the immeasurable circumference?"
 66yrs • M •
Nebbish is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If you make all these plans, and two days later get terminal cancer, what's your next move?
What happens after your bullets run out?
Do you realize you will eventually die anyway?
What if the apocalypse you're preparing for never happens--or you have a fatal heart attack long before it does?
Will surviving be worth it in a world of chaos where surviving is ALL you accomplish?
Existence is what it is, it's temporary, and it's absurd.

60yrs • F •
kriswest is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Living in the country is the safest place. Cities will be deadly. Buy some inexpensive property on a dead end street. Slowly get to know your neighbors, make a large green house, get some goats. learn to make your own ammo. Learn to make a cross bow. Collect books, metals, cloth, and soaps. These along with veggies and goat meat are valuable trading commodities. Dig a well, get an old fashioned hand pump for it. Get pigs for meat and fat. You will need the fat. Get books about the area's local flora and fauna. Plants have many uses and knowing critturs and plants are great defenses against starvation, attack or poisoning.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy